Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 524877 times)

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
  • Side: Union
Re: Dutch, German & French Elections Thread, or The General Political Thread
« Reply #435 on: March 24, 2017, 08:28:00 pm »
Putin has no interest but his own. And I very strongly doubt he wants to 'save' Europe. If anything, I think he would rather see it divided and weak.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #436 on: March 24, 2017, 08:31:03 pm »
Putin has no interest but his own. And I very strongly doubt he wants to 'save' Europe. If anything, I think he would rather see it divided and weak.
a country having their own intrest in mind... what a monster

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #437 on: March 24, 2017, 08:36:46 pm »
No, but he might invade Belarus.
Lmfao I like that

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 24, 2017, 08:40:20 pm »
Not sure more refugees is what we need right now.

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #439 on: March 24, 2017, 08:46:03 pm »
a country having their own intrest in mind... what a monster
I mean, Putin does what he wants. I don't think Russia or its people really factors into any choice he makes.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #440 on: March 24, 2017, 08:57:51 pm »
Not sure more refugees is what we need right now.
The Belarusians would integrate much better though

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 24, 2017, 09:00:35 pm »
The EU is a common enemy in the eyes of Le Pen and Putin, let's not sensationalize any of their intentions. Putin can also play a nice part in tying up some loose ends, like ISIS.

As for Putin making any land grabs of consequence - I put my faith in the nuclear deterrent.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 10:26:06 pm by GovernorRickPerry »

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 24, 2017, 09:09:46 pm »
Imagine you are the leader of any of the NATO-countries with nukes.

Lose a bit of Lithuania, or nuclear holocaust?

Lose a bit of Poland, or nuclear holocaust?

Lose eastern Europe in its entirety, or nuclear holocaust?

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 24, 2017, 09:46:02 pm »
Take a bit of Lithuania, or nuclear holocaust?

Take a bit of Poland, or nuclear holocaust?

The nuclear deterrent goes both ways - any land loss is due to the EU failing to protect its member states sufficiently. The responsible falls onto the cash cow union. They must accept the fact that they must also embrace the downsides of forcing a political union.

let's not sensationalize any of their intentions

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 24, 2017, 09:53:19 pm »
Take a bit of Lithuania, or nuclear holocaust?

Take a bit of Poland, or nuclear holocaust?

The nuclear deterrent goes both ways - any land loss is due to the EU failing to protect its member states sufficiently. The responsible falls onto the cash cow union. They must accept the fact that they must also embrace the downsides of forcing a political union.

let's not sensationalize any of their intentions
I mean, I'd honestly say Putin would steal eastern Europe given the chance.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 24, 2017, 10:21:24 pm »
How likely is it the west will be willing to trigger nuclear holocaust just because Putin invades one or two countries? Zero. Nuclear weapons aren't going to keep anyone safe.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 24, 2017, 10:51:01 pm »
Its economy is in the shit, its demographics are terrible, but Duuring seriously believes Russia is poised to annex parts of Eastern Europe. Lol.

Even if Russia had the capability to do that (it doesn't) it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Doing that would provoke Eastern Europe into ever greater reliance upon Brussels and would re-invigorate EU integration at a time when it's falling apart. That's probably why EU officials are busy putting out propaganda about the 'Russian menace' to the East. He would be far better off, as Putin knows perfectly well, sitting back doing nothing and watching the EU fall apart. He'll probably give things a subtle prod in the right direction with a coordinated leak to WikiLeaks or whatever every once in a while but that's about it.

Anyway even if pigs fly and Russia does decide to invade Europe and do a reverse Hitler/Napoleon the UK will be perfectly safe because we're an island. Putin only has one aircraft carrier that barely floats (it needs its own support ship to pull it along in case it breaks down, which is quite often). I mean just read this it's hilarious and should dispel any thoughts you might have that Russia is some kind of military superpower: https://warisboring.com/your-aircraft-carrier-is-a-piece-of-crap-f3f52d299588#.mksi3nys7

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 24, 2017, 10:54:05 pm »
"Sovereignty" is an unrealistic goal for such nations located in eastern Europe. Let's not pretend like the EU isn't after power just as much as Putin.

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 24, 2017, 11:07:49 pm »
Its economy is in the shit, its demographics are terrible, but Duuring seriously believes Russia is poised to annex parts of Eastern Europe. Lol.

Even if Russia had the capability to do that (it doesn't) it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Doing that would provoke Eastern Europe into ever greater reliance upon Brussels and would re-invigorate EU integration at a time when it's falling apart. That's probably why EU officials are busy putting out propaganda about the 'Russian menace' to the East. He would be far better off, as Putin knows perfectly well, sitting back doing nothing and watching the EU fall apart. He'll probably give things a subtle prod in the right direction with a coordinated leak to WikiLeaks or whatever every once in a while but that's about it.

Anyway even if pigs fly and Russia does decide to invade Europe and do a reverse Hitler/Napoleon the UK will be perfectly safe because we're an island. Putin only has one aircraft carrier that barely floats (it needs its own support ship to pull it along in case it breaks down, which is quite often). I mean just read this it's hilarious and should dispel any thoughts you might have that Russia is some kind of military superpower: https://warisboring.com/your-aircraft-carrier-is-a-piece-of-crap-f3f52d299588#.mksi3nys7
Russia could easily annex the Baltic states, Belarus and Ukraine without much opposition. I'd say it'd be a struggle against Poland or any other European country but it could definitely wipe the ones I mentioned. Its not like it would though.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 25, 2017, 12:14:48 am »
without much opposition

The Baltic states are in NATO and the EU, two organisations with a mutual defence clause, and are countries with large numbers of foreign military personnel stationed there. I think that would be a war Russia couldn't possibly win. Similarly I think if Russia tried to annex all Ukraine that would inevitably pit them against NATO.

Belarus is the only place Putin could take easily, it's an isolated country already within Moscow's orbit. Nobody's going to go to war to defend it. But the likelihood of Russian troops crossing the border anytime soon is very low. Putin doesn't want to upset the current momentum in the EU towards disintegration.