Author Topic: North American Napoleonic Wars League [Season 9]  (Read 77625 times)

Offline Piktonss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: North American Napoleonic Wars League [Season 9]
« Reply #165 on: May 02, 2019, 06:56:22 pm »
-1 for that harper guy. Doesn't know NWL rules, and frankly has too big of an ego. that's coming from me. Learn something then apply kthxbye.

Ignore everything above
If one autist can identify another autist, it means something. Trust in the autistic people of this community(You included Irish) to point out the others.
"Trust in the autistic people of this community" Does that mean I have to trust autistic lord Pedro!??!?!?!

Offline Niko_The_Great

• Sergeant
  • God Save Harperism
    • View Profile
  • Nick: PappaHarper
« Reply #166 on: May 02, 2019, 07:49:16 pm »
-1 for that harper guy. Doesn't know NWL rules, and frankly has too big of an ego. that's coming from me. Learn something then apply kthxbye.

Ignore everything above
If one autist can identify another autist, it means something. Trust in the autistic people of this community(You included Irish) to point out the others.
"Trust in the autistic people of this community" Does that mean I have to trust autistic lord Pedro!??!?!?!

Sadly 80% of Mount and blade (not just NW) is full of either Autistic or Toxic people. Not hard to find which one is which, meh I shouldn't have called out Bluenose but to be honest theirs nothing new learned since so many regiments agree that fight him agree. I understand the rules maybe I'm a bit too strict on the rules that are placed but it's not my fault when people turn to toxicity in global chat after I've explained the rules then slay people for upholding rules.

As for apparently not knowing the rules, I'm not sure which rule you think I don't know?

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #167 on: May 02, 2019, 07:52:55 pm »

Ignore everything above

Sadly 80% of Mount and blade (not just NW) is full of either Autistic or Toxic people. Not hard to find which one is which, meh I shouldn't have called out Bluenose but to be honest theirs nothing new learned since so many regiments agree that fight him agree. I understand the rules maybe I'm a bit too strict on the rules that are placed but it's not my fault when people turn to toxicity in global chat after I've explained the rules then slay people for upholding rules.

As for apparently not knowing the rules, I'm not sure which rule you think I don't know?
what have you actually admined before other than a few very small 1v1s?

Offline Niko_The_Great

• Sergeant
  • God Save Harperism
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 02, 2019, 08:19:44 pm »

Ignore everything above

what have you actually admined before other than a few very small 1v1s?

Never done any in-game admin for events because I never actually wanted to try since I am often needed to play in the regiment. I originally made the 59th Jailbreak (this is before the 59th took over and Kaide made it terrible giving children Admin perms) but this is back is like 2014 hence my name Niko, my name back then was 'Niko_The_Scrub_Admin'.

Arma 3 life servers and G-Mod RP servers are probably the only ones I can remember during the time of playing Mount and Blade I would say yes I've had a time where I Admin Minecraft servers but that was when I was younger I haven't played Minecraft for years.

Offline Piktonss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 02, 2019, 08:29:24 pm »
Maybe we should stop till it gets toxic :-X

Offline @theRealBluenose

• Sergeant Major
  • Leader of the 24th Regiment of Foot | NA
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bluenose
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #170 on: May 02, 2019, 08:45:21 pm »

wtf timeline is this me agreeing with scottish

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #171 on: May 02, 2019, 08:46:48 pm »
I don’t really know Harper unless he’s the British person from the HRE in which  I disliked the guy cause of the 15e-HRE problems last year. But I don’t really care for that anymore since it’s been a year.

I don’t see any problem with Harper being a referee, because in the more recent NANWL seasons, most matches have required at least 2 referees. More likely, Harper will not be alone refereeing matches since if he does get accepted it would likely be the first league he is a ref for, unless he has been a ref in a different league I don’t know about. Also, more likely he would be stuck with a more experienced referee.

Last season, Piktons was accepted as a referee without no prior league experience. In most cases I can remember, he was stuck reffing with me or some other experienced ref. It was also a good way for him to learn some tips to reffing better.

And lastly if his refereeing is a problem during the season, then more likely the mods would take action.
click here to join the 84th

Offline Niko_The_Great

• Sergeant
  • God Save Harperism
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 02, 2019, 09:21:12 pm »
I don’t really know Harper unless he’s the British person from the HRE in which  I disliked the guy cause of the 15e-HRE problems last year. But I don’t really care for that anymore since it’s been a year.

I don’t see any problem with Harper being a referee, because in the more recent NANWL seasons, most matches have required at least 2 referees. More likely, Harper will not be alone refereeing matches since if he does get accepted it would likely be the first league he is a ref for, unless he has been a ref in a different league I don’t know about. Also, more likely he would be stuck with a more experienced referee.

Last season, Piktons was accepted as a referee without no prior league experience. In most cases I can remember, he was stuck reffing with me or some other experienced ref. It was also a good way for him to learn some tips to reffing better.

And lastly if his refereeing is a problem during the season, then more likely the mods would take action.

I'm the only Harper in the NA community but yeah I'm the Brit that played with the HRE, to be honest thank god I left at first I saw it as banter even when it got to the whole rap battles for me it was shits and giggles but of course American sense of humor is either slightly more easily offended or isn't as dark as British. To be fair this is also why I don't play the EU since I know the EU can get really out of hand.

I agree with what you put if anything I could probably do with shadowing someone, everyone must start somewhere its why i record every time i've ref'd so i can easily watch back and if needed upload to prove there was no bias/abuse on my end.

Offline Piktonss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 02, 2019, 09:24:20 pm »

The Goat has spoken!

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 02, 2019, 09:26:35 pm »

The Goat has spoken!

That’s MATT sorry

Offline Piktonss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 02, 2019, 09:28:39 pm »

The Goat has spoken!

That’s MATT sorry
If you think I'm gonna call Matt a goat your trippin

Offline Risk_

• Board Moderator
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #176 on: May 03, 2019, 03:37:04 am »

Great point Glenn. Everyone started out somewhere with reffing. At one point everyone had no experience and someone gave them a chance to ref/admin for something and they slowly got more experience overtime.

Last year, that's what we did we new refs. It was similar to S7 where trial refs were used but we didn't use that specifically. We prioritized having 2 refs per match and having an experienced ref with a newer ref, if that was the case of a newer ref reffing one night.

Sign-ups close in 2 days. We plan to announce the second batch of refs and league placements this weekend (probably on Sunday). Stay tuned
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 03:39:29 am by Risk_ »

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #177 on: May 03, 2019, 04:41:26 am »
Sign-ups close in 2 days. We plan to announce the second batch of refs and league placements this weekend (probably on Sunday). Stay tuned

Hella Lit
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 03, 2019, 04:57:50 am »
USMC league 3 bound

Offline J. Campbell

• First Lieutenant
  • Commanding Officer of the 14th Buckinghamshire
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14th_Cpt_John_Campbell
« Reply #179 on: May 03, 2019, 05:40:15 am »
Community Name: Depends on who ya ask. J. Campbell or Scottish.
Steam Profile URL: htpps://steamcommunity.com/id/VonBoy/
Current Regiment (if applicable): 1a Svea Livgarde
Have you read all the rules closely?: I've actually studied them all and went over most with Risk for clarification.
Do you have any prior experience?: I was a referee on TNWL, despite not being added to the list for whatever reason. :/
Why would you be a good referee?: I play a lot of basketball, so I deal with floppers and crybabies. It's exactly like NW. We have those regiments who cry and wine about the slightest thing, and I don't roll with that. Obviously I'd call out the FoL and the FoC and obvious OA, but I wouldn't let any regiment cry their way into a W. I don't care who wins, whether it's the 1a or 25y or 15e, it doesn't matter. This game needs referee's who have an outside perspective(me) and someone who just doesn't give a fuck. I would be a perfect fit to your referee team because I am not really concerned with what people have to say about me being a "Bad ref" or "Too toxic to be a ref". At the end of the day, this league needs refs who are willing to take back lash for their calls, and willing to stand firmly and make the proper call.
Will you make NANWL your priority?: Oh absolutely, I'm currently advertising heavy as fuck for the league, trying to convince every small regiment and large alike to hurry up and sign up so that we may have one last year of actual NANWL greatness. This is just a stepping stone for me if accepted. I plan to take knowledge from this league to form my own in the future, so that the game might not die. I understand you guys are probably annoyed of all of the backlash from this league, but I believe a fresh league with a fresh name and a fresh ban list would be awesome, so that's what I plan to do months after NANWL. I really hope you put aside what the community thinks of me, and look over my application unbiased.
(within reasonable limits)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 06:06:19 am by J. Campbell »