Author Topic: NWMC | Questions & Suggestions  (Read 7125 times)

Offline MarxeiL

• Board Moderator
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
  • Side: Neutral
NWMC | Questions & Suggestions
« on: February 22, 2023, 06:27:07 pm »

If you have any questions or you want to suggest something, feel free to do it here! Whether you are a participant, a spectator, or just someone who is interested in the tournament, we welcome your input and ideas. Our team is dedicated to creating the best possible experience for everyone involved, and your feedback is essential in helping us achieve that goal.

So please, do not hesitate to share your thoughts and suggestions with us. We are here to listen and to address any issues that may arise. Let's work together to make this tournament a truly memorable one!

Thank you for your support and participation in the Napoleonic Wars Melee Championship.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 08:42:35 am by Desant »
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Giorno

Re: NWMC | Questions & Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2023, 11:00:50 pm »
Couldn't find many details on the format of the playoffs, but will suggest a few things:

If both tourneys will consist only 8 teams, I think a double elim format would be the best format.
***Furthermore, I think the top 4 teams in the matchweeks should be rewarded by starting in the upper bracket, while the bottom 4 are immediately placed into the losers bracket, i.e. they exit the tournament after 1 loss.***

Admittedly, the tournament will be 1 match long for two teams using this format, but that seems to be inevitable with a tournament using weekly placement matches (instead of a true "group stage").

I think there were some minor complaints following Movement's tournament regarding the reward for winning matchweeks. It didn't seem like there was much seeding advantage gained for the tournament.
Important note is that Movement's tournament gave points for matchweeks and the tournament towards a cumulative table, so a big seeding advantage wasn't so necessary there.

However, from what I understand the matchweeks here are effectively glorified placement matches (which is still fun) for the tournament, and a means to split the stronger and weaker teams like a L1 L2 deal. Without the cumulative points of ESC, this seems like a decent option in my eyes.

Would like to hear what you have planned for the tournament regardless.

Offline MarxeiL

• Board Moderator
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2023, 09:41:44 am »
Spoiler
Couldn't find many details on the format of the playoffs, but will suggest a few things:

If both tourneys will consist only 8 teams, I think a double elim format would be the best format.
***Furthermore, I think the top 4 teams in the matchweeks should be rewarded by starting in the upper bracket, while the bottom 4 are immediately placed into the losers bracket, i.e. they exit the tournament after 1 loss.***

Admittedly, the tournament will be 1 match long for two teams using this format, but that seems to be inevitable with a tournament using weekly placement matches (instead of a true "group stage").

I think there were some minor complaints following Movement's tournament regarding the reward for winning matchweeks. It didn't seem like there was much seeding advantage gained for the tournament.
Important note is that Movement's tournament gave points for matchweeks and the tournament towards a cumulative table, so a big seeding advantage wasn't so necessary there.

However, from what I understand the matchweeks here are effectively glorified placement matches (which is still fun) for the tournament, and a means to split the stronger and weaker teams like a L1 L2 deal. Without the cumulative points of ESC, this seems like a decent option in my eyes.

Would like to hear what you have planned for the tournament regardless.
[close]
Initially, the playoffs were planned in the usual single elimination format, i.e. quarterfinals-semis-final without a third-place match (in my opinion, the third-place match is just a waste of time, as nobody aims for that prize place). However, seeding in the playoffs will depend on performances in the group stage, meaning that, for example, teams that make it out with a score of 3-0 will be placed in different parts of the first league playoffs and can only meet in the final. These teams will also face the weakest opponents who made it out with a score of 3-2. This is the reward for making it out with a score of 3-0. The best team with a score of 3-1 will face the best team with a score of 3-2, and there will only be one pair between the two teams with a score of 3-1. How are the best/worst teams from the pools determined? The Buchholz system is used, and it all depends on the level of the teams they won and lost against. For example, if the best team with a score of 3-1 is a team that had the 8th seed but managed to beat a team with a higher seed at least once on their path, they will receive +1 Buchholz point, giving them an advantage compared to teams in the same pool. The team with a higher seed that lost to a team with a lower seed will receive -1 Buchholz point, which also directly affects their seeding. For example, in the playoffs, this team will face a team from the 3-1 pool instead of the 3-2 pool, meaning that their opponent will be tougher.

We are open to discussions and considering other options. However, your option seems to me to punish the team with -1 Buchholz point too harshly in the 3-1 pool (since there will only be three such teams), and, for example, the upper bracket of the first league will consist of two teams with a score of 3-0, two teams with a score of 3-1, and the third team with a score of 3-1 will immediately drop to the lower bracket, which is not entirely fair, in my opinion. There could also be a scenario where all favorites always win, and regardless of the Buchholz system, everything is determined by the round difference. In this case, it seems even more unfair to punish a team of the same level as others in this way.
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2023, 09:14:56 am »
Sad, the statistics are gone...
Always its always the same people crying about everything.
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline LeMilo

• First Sergeant
  • 55th | Infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2023, 11:23:38 am »
Get rid of the cheater who still can't make it to the top 1 with a cheat

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2023, 11:26:39 am »
and who is this person?

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2023, 11:27:09 am »
and who is this person?

I'm curious to know too

Offline LeMilo

• First Sergeant
  • 55th | Infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2023, 11:27:23 am »
and who is this person?
The gentleman who thought he was the king of the world with these stats. He calls himself Wursti, right?

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2023, 11:32:09 am »
Why do you say he's using cheats?

Offline LeMilo

• First Sergeant
  • 55th | Infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2023, 11:34:52 am »
Why do you say he's using cheats?
Ask him the question

Online tommyxd

• Board Moderator
  • Swigma Male
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 96y_Kpt_tommyxd
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2023, 11:40:41 am »
Ppl still crying about wursti's chambers lol

Seems like skill issue ngl

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2023, 11:42:30 am »

To be fair, with a good ground stab, much like with everyone else, they're not that good. RUNE on the other hand, I drag the FATTEST ground stab and man still chambers it like it's butter, literally the only person who catches them like that

Online tommyxd

• Board Moderator
  • Swigma Male
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 96y_Kpt_tommyxd
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2023, 11:45:08 am »

To be fair, with a good ground stab, much like with everyone else, they're not that good. RUNE on the other hand, I drag the FATTEST ground stab and man still chambers it like it's butter, literally the only person who catches them like that
U know u can chamber any stab based on sound right ?

Offline LeMilo

• First Sergeant
  • 55th | Infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2023, 11:45:54 am »

Who talking about chamber?

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2023, 11:46:15 am »

U know u can chamber any stab based on sound right ?

Ground stab drags the sound is different because you already release so it makes the sound but you do that into the ground and drag up, so it's fairly hard to chamber as you're not chambering the sound, it's visual. We're aint talking about downstab feint chambers or straight stab chambers, where you release when you hear the sound, this isn't 2015!

The whole point of a ground stab drag is literally to catch people who are trying to chamber out, since you can't chamber it like you traditionally would with a normal chamber
« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 11:51:30 am by Fietta »