Author Topic: The Napoleonic Wars Champions League [Season 3][$500 Prize Pool]  (Read 26473 times)

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The Napoleonic Wars Champions League [Season 3][$500 Prize Pool]
« Reply #270 on: March 27, 2023, 08:31:36 pm »
And with that, we are in week 5. Week 5 matches are due Sunday, April 2nd. Reminder that the trading deadline is Monday, April 3rd.

This week's matches:
The Cream Team vs. Les Blues
GVT vs. GBB

Brackets:
League 1
League 2

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #271 on: March 27, 2023, 11:11:48 pm »
Spoiler
Movement decided to intentionally forfeit and boycott his L2 match this week since they did not want to play on the default day, believing it was unfair to them.

Over the course of the past week, GBB and Cream Team were unable to schedule their match. The difficulties were such that in past seasons, we might have been forced to hand out a forfeit for failure to attempt to schedule the match in good faith. Xethos and I suggest that captains, both L1 and L2, make sure that even if they are too busy to schedule a match, to be able to point opposing teams toward somebody on their roster who has the opportunity to schedule. The default match day was introduced because of past experiences with such scheduling problems, and for matches to be played on time. Refer to round 12 of NWCL S1 to understand better why the current rule is necessary. It is also a rule that has been normalized for the past few draft leagues on NA for some time now.

This rule was in the ruleset when the thread was posted, and is one of the rules everybody agreed to when signing up. The correct time to call it retarded was sometime long before 11 o'clock at night the Friday before your week 4 match. The rule in question is Rule 5. Rule 5a is to handle situations where teams, for whatever reason, cannot make the default day and are free to schedule to a different day and time of their choosing. The latter half of Rule 5a states extensions can be granted and while it is not a guaranteed solution, absolutely no attempt was made to use it, nor to follow the written rule for an unsuccessful scheduling attempt. The effort was instead put into personal attacks and threats in steam messages and preventing the match from taking place at all.

This is obviously not acceptable, made worse by doing this in league 2, which exists purely to increase player participation in competitive NW. Punishing your own players and other teams from playing ruins the spirit of the league. If this continues and continued personal attacks on other people, Xethos, or myself then you will be in violation of Rules 26 and 31, and you will be removed from the league. This is the only warning.

I do not like making announcements like this as this is something I am hosting for people to have fun, but at certain points it is ruining the league.
[close]
You clearly don't know what happened. I asked Glenn everyday last week what days were the best days to play our match and even mentioned Monday that the best days for us was Friday & Saturday. The only thing he told me during the week was on Wednesday "He couldn't do Saturday" and on Friday late in the afternoon that he couldn't do Friday. Then he told me to ask someone else about playing the match that night. I asked Pedro about doing the match Friday night and he said "sure". After he said sure he then said "actually tmrrow preferably. I then said Glenn told me that they couldn't do Saturday so he then said "Sunday it looks like". I understand the rule but its very unfair to force us to play on a day that I mention won't be good for us. If I knew earlier on in the week before Friday that they could only do Sunday then I would have been okay with that. It is retarded how I offered multiple days to do the match and wouldn't even of mind doing it during the weekday if necessary just to get stoned walled until Friday afternoon. It is a captain's job to know their team's schedule and to schedule matches ahead of time because people make plans ahead of time. I understand the rule but it is unfair for one team to get a forfeit loss for being forced to play on a day that they couldn't because the other team decided to not communicate. Also sad how Glenn done this to Mikey's L2 team the week before us. "Being busy" isn't a good excuse because it is a captain's job to know his team's schedule and to schedule the match. I'm probably more busy then Glenn but yet I still go out of my way to schedule my matches early on in the week. Movement also asked for a solution about the match on Saturday but you Risk never gave/offered a Solution to movement. If a extension was offered I would be able to easily play 2 matches in one week but we were never told anything even when movement mentioned the issue.

Movement didn't forfeit our match. We decided not to show up because 1.)we were forced to play on a day that Glenn knew wasn't good for us and 2.)we only had 2-3 people on including me at the time.

I think there should be a rule where captains have to schedule the match before a certain day and time so that you don't have issues like this.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 12:25:23 am by ~NickCole~ »

David_Schrein

« Reply #272 on: March 27, 2023, 11:14:55 pm »
Movement decided to intentionally forfeit and boycott his L2 match this week since they did not want to play on the default day, believing it was unfair to them.

Over the course of the past week, GBB and Cream Team were unable to schedule their match. The difficulties were such that in past seasons, we might have been forced to hand out a forfeit for failure to attempt to schedule the match in good faith. Xethos and I suggest that captains, both L1 and L2, make sure that even if they are too busy to schedule a match, to be able to point opposing teams toward somebody on their roster who has the opportunity to schedule.
cope and a lie, cant expect more from a guy who cries from polar express

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #273 on: March 28, 2023, 01:06:54 am »
Spoiler

Over the course of the past week, GBB and Cream Team were unable to schedule their match. The difficulties were such that in past seasons, we might have been forced to hand out a forfeit for failure to attempt to schedule the match in good faith. Xethos and I suggest that captains, both L1 and L2, make sure that even if they are too busy to schedule a match, to be able to point opposing teams toward somebody on their roster who has the opportunity to schedule. The default match day was introduced because of past experiences with such scheduling problems, and for matches to be played on time. Refer to round 12 of NWCL S1 to understand better why the current rule is necessary. It is also a rule that has been normalized for the past few draft leagues on NA for some time now.

This rule was in the ruleset when the thread was posted, and is one of the rules everybody agreed to when signing up. The correct time to call it retarded was sometime long before 11 o'clock at night the Friday before your week 4 match. The rule in question is Rule 5. Rule 5a is to handle situations where teams, for whatever reason, cannot make the default day and are free to schedule to a different day and time of their choosing. The latter half of Rule 5a states extensions can be granted and while it is not a guaranteed solution, absolutely no attempt was made to use it, nor to follow the written rule for an unsuccessful scheduling attempt. The effort was instead put into personal attacks and threats in steam messages and preventing the match from taking place at all.

This is obviously not acceptable, made worse by doing this in league 2, which exists purely to increase player participation in competitive NW. Punishing your own players and other teams from playing ruins the spirit of the league. If this continues and continued personal attacks on other people, Xethos, or myself then you will be in violation of Rules 26 and 31, and you will be removed from the league. This is the only warning.

I do not like making announcements like this as this is something I am hosting for people to have fun, but at certain points it is ruining the league.
[close]
You clearly don't know what happened. I asked Glenn everyday last week what days were the best days to play our match and even mentioned Monday that the best days for us was Friday & Saturday. The only thing he told me during the week was on Wednesday "He couldn't do Saturday" and on Friday late in the afternoon that he couldn't do Friday. Then he told me to ask someone else about playing the match that night. I asked Pedro about doing the match Friday night and he said "sure". After he said sure he then said "actually tmrrow preferably. I then said Glenn told me that they couldn't do Saturday so he then said "Sunday it looks like". I understand the rule but its very unfair to force us to play on a day that I mention won't be good for us. If I knew earlier on in the week before Friday that they could only do Sunday then I would have been okay with that. It is retarded how I offered multiple days to do the match and wouldn't even of mind doing it during the weekday if necessary just to get stoned walled until Friday afternoon. It is a captain's job to know their team's schedule and to schedule matches ahead of time because people make plans ahead of time. I understand the rule but it is unfair for one team to get a forfeit loss for being forced to play on a day that they couldn't because the other team decided to not communicate. Also sad how Glenn done this to Mikey's L2 team the week before us. "Being busy" isn't a good excuse because it is a captain's job to know his team's schedule and to schedule the match. I'm probably more busy then Glenn but yet I still go out of my way to schedule my matches early on in the week. Movement also asked for a solution about the match on Saturday but you Risk never gave/offered a Solution to movement. If a extension was offered I would be able to easily play 2 matches in one week but we were never told anything even when movement mentioned the issue.

Movement didn't forfeit our match. We decided not to show up because 1.)we were forced to play on a day that Glenn knew wasn't good for us and 2.)we only had 2-3 people on including me at the time.

I think there should be a rule where captains have to schedule the match before a certain day and time so that you don't have issues like this.
this dude tried to schedule with Pedro 🤣🤣🤣
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Horse

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 28, 2023, 01:16:54 am »
I don't get why you guys are going after Risk in this situation, this is the third/fourth? league in a row where we now have had default days set for matches. Thankfully for me either I was fine with the default day or the other captain would agree to schedule on a day more suitable for my team.

But if that was not the case and the other captain was not working with me, I def would be pissed off with the other captain (i agree that glenn should of put more effort). But I would not be venting my frustration on the Host, someone who has put so much time and effort into hosting a league for all of us to play this silly old game we all enjoy over the actions of a captain who is following rules we are all aware of not only in this league but for the last couple of leagues lol

I get that its frustrating to deal with someone not communicating and i agree i think Glenn should of put more effort into communicating but its fully in Glenns right (like every captain since Wastee league last summer) to just force on default day if they want.

Its cringe to see you guys turn and push your frustrations at risk for someone else's actions, it was not some hidden rule never spoken of, people just tended to work around it for each other and in this case for whatever reason glenn decided to just stick to the day the match defaulted on.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 01:48:43 am by Horse »
😂😂😂 LeHorsey getting his mickey mouse MVP just to get dog walked in the finals 😂😂😂

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #275 on: March 28, 2023, 01:43:42 am »
I don't get why you guys are going after Risk in this situation, this is the third/fourth? league in a row where we now have had default days set for matches. Thankfully for me either I was fine with the default day or the other captain would agree to schedule on a day more suitable for my team.

But if that was not the case and the other captain was not working with me, I def would be pissed off with the other captain (i agree that glenn should of put more effort). But I would not be venting my frustration on the Host, someone who has put the so much time and effort into hosting a league for all of us to play this silly old game we all enjoy over the actions of a captain who is following rules we are all aware of not only in this league but for the last couple of leagues lol

I get that its frustrating to deal with someone not communicating and i agree i think Glenn should of put more effort into communicating but its fully in Glenns right (like every captain since Wastee league last summer) to just force on default day if they want.

Its cringe to see you guys turn and push your frustrations at risk for someone else's actions, it was not some hidden rule never spoken of, people just tended to work around it for each other and in this case for whatever reason glenn decided to just stick to the day the match defaulted on.
well said brother
default days are a pretty clear concept and have been well communicated throughout each matchweek. scheduling sucks and is hard but the default day rule works well in most cases. sorry it didnt work in this case but going after the big R for enforcing the rules is childish

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline MikeyBruh

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Multi Region Choker GVT Gang Member
« Reply #276 on: March 28, 2023, 01:49:19 am »
It seems everyone needs to hop in ts or some shit it cant be this deep
Also, I'm not friends with HiReaper, dudes a complete weirdo

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 28, 2023, 01:52:16 am »
Spoiler

[close]

Glenn told you we couldnt do Saturday Wednesday and you asked for Friday at 12:30am Friday morning to which Glenn told you to try and schedule with someone else because he wasnt home/was busy. And you messaged Pedro. Not once was i contacted by you or movement about any scheduling complications. And then you waited until Saturday night to ask Risk for an extension.

Now i do think glenn could have put more effort in, but so could you.

Risk literally did nothing wrong so idk why youre coming after him
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 01:55:40 am by BabyJesus »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)

David_Schrein

« Reply #278 on: March 28, 2023, 01:56:05 am »
Spoiler

[close]

Glenn told you we couldnt do Saturday Wednesday and you asked for Friday at 12:30am Friday morning to which Glenn told you to try and schedule with someone else. And you messaged Pedro. Not once was i contacted by you or movement about any scheduling complications. And then you waited until Saturday night to ask Risk for an extension.

Is this coming from the guy who didnt see my message until thursday night? Nick messaged glenn several days in a row to then get told by glenn to message pedro. Also I never asked Risk for an extension, I asked for a solution since scheduling with both of you was horrendous

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 28, 2023, 01:59:35 am »
Spoiler

[close]

Glenn told you we couldnt do Saturday Wednesday and you asked for Friday at 12:30am Friday morning to which Glenn told you to try and schedule with someone else. And you messaged Pedro. Not once was i contacted by you or movement about any scheduling complications. And then you waited until Saturday night to ask Risk for an extension.

Is this coming from the guy who didnt see my message until thursday night? Nick messaged glenn several days in a row to then get told by glenn to message pedro. Also I never asked Risk for an extension, I asked for a solution since scheduling with both of you was horrendous
you dont get messages from people who arent your friend on mobile. i wouldnt have done a week day anyways so it doesnt even matter. and asking pedro is the absolute worst person to ask
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 02:01:53 am by BabyJesus »

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #280 on: March 28, 2023, 02:00:13 am »
BabyJ idk if u are too stupid to read but i message glenn everyday last week asking about what day to schedule...... I also only asked Pedro Friday because Glenn told me to.

Horse you are missing the point. I only said it is unfair because I was forced to play on a default day because Glenn couldn't give me a clear answer before Friday.

Offline Horse

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 28, 2023, 02:08:25 am »
BabyJ idk if u are too stupid to read but i message glenn everyday last week asking about what day to schedule...... I also only asked Pedro Friday because Glenn told me to.

Horse you are missing the point. I only said it is unfair because I was forced to play on a default day because Glenn couldn't give me a clear answer before Friday.

That is what the default day is for, if you guys cant figure out a day to schedule outside the default day, The match is set to that day unless agreed on otherwise.

Maybe rather then calling risk a retard, harassing him and threating to leave the league you guys could of been more mature about it and talked to Risk and Glenn about getting an extension so you guys could play when you could have your team members on.
😂😂😂 LeHorsey getting his mickey mouse MVP just to get dog walked in the finals 😂😂😂

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 28, 2023, 02:09:16 am »

like i said glenn could have done more. all he had to do was tell you we only had had 2-3 people friday and saturday, which obviously we arent gonna schedule from a day we know we will have people to a day we arent gonna have anyone

he didnt tell you to message pedro. you did that all on your own bud
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 02:11:43 am by BabyJesus »

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 28, 2023, 02:14:26 am »
Spoiler

[close]

both camden and mikey also didnt have any issues nor did you really so i would say im doing fine

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 28, 2023, 02:15:45 am »

kinda what a default day is little bro