Author Topic: EGS | Discussion  (Read 61374 times)

Offline Dusbled

• Major
  • Squadron Corporal Major of 45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Saphyro
  • Side: Neutral
Re: EGS | Discussion
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2021, 03:55:20 pm »
Personally have to agree it is a slight advantage in competitive situations. You have to ask yourself why it is being used if its not a advantage. In your peripheral vision in the corner of your eye you can see a bright yellow line, you are more aware and will react quicker compared to a normal musket IMO. Obviously it is here to be discussed to see both sides and what the general opinion is. Personally against it but hearing all sides!

In Valorant most people change to color blind mode so the enemies are highlighted in yellow, i did it too and it rlly helps alot

so it should be the same here

+1

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2021, 05:28:25 am »
ban every single modification

if people want modded NW, they can backup their files
I don't see how things like a closed crosshair or faction skins that give no benefit in differentiating enemies helps out in a GF tournament but okay.

as I said, back up your mods or create another unmodded client just for tournaments
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Hertz

• Major
  • Fuck Off
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nock is my bitch
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2021, 11:57:34 am »

I don't see how things like a closed crosshair or faction skins that give no benefit in differentiating enemies helps out in a GF tournament but okay.

Any mod that changes the colour of a unit or item in the game to a clearer and brighter colour is going to give someone an advantage, no matter how small. Even if it’s making the trousers of certain units a brighter white. Or muskets yellow. It’s a small advantage. But it is one. Crosshairs mods are fine as they will only show when in shooting mode I believe.

Mods I think should be banned:
Troop retextures (for example making the British troops trousers a brighter white),
Yellow bayonets (or any other colour or retexture),
Zoom out mods,
Health hack mods,

I personally see no point in needing any of these unless you’re trying to gain some advantage over the standard game.
If something is easier to see and spot due to a modification it should be banned imo.

Offline ONeil_

• Major
  • epic gamer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: uwuwuwuwuwu
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2021, 12:01:16 pm »
how about everything allowed but not zoom hack or modified WEAPON textures. Like u can all kys if u think im getting rid of my red sky

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2021, 02:09:14 pm »

Any mod that changes the colour of a unit or item in the game to a clearer and brighter colour is going to give someone an advantage, no matter how small. Even if it’s making the trousers of certain units a brighter white. Or muskets yellow. It’s a small advantage. But it is one. Crosshairs mods are fine as they will only show when in shooting mode I believe.

Troop retextures (for example making the British troops trousers a brighter white),
Zoom out mods,
Health hack mods,

I personally see no point in needing any of these unless you’re trying to gain some advantage over the standard game.
If something is easier to see and spot due to a modification it should be banned imo.
It seems we are arguing over something quite petty since I agree with the latter three mods that you mentioned, I just have a very nice skin for the british units that doesn't necessarily make them brighter just changes them from 33rd to 17th, I dont see how that would in any way help me in a groupfighting tournament...

Offline Hertz

• Major
  • Fuck Off
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2021, 03:10:05 pm »
Spoiler

Zoom out mods,
Health hack mods,

It seems we are arguing over something quite petty since I agree with the latter three mods that you mentioned, I just have a very nice skin for the british units that doesn't necessarily make them brighter just changes them from 33rd to 17th, I dont see how that would in any way help me in a groupfighting tournament...
[close]
Obviously if all it does is change the number that’s fine. But some retextures make the white if the trousers extremely white. Which I would say helps a player fighting against these troops more aware of where they are as it’s easier to spot when the colours are brighter.

Nock

« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2021, 04:09:52 pm »
Perfect example would be the 14e's texture pack as it makes the 45e units wear white uniforms etc :)

Offline Chuckster

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2021, 06:38:56 pm »

Zoom out mods,
Health hack mods,

I will still use yellow musket  ;)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 06:42:10 pm by Hertz »

Offline Hertz

• Major
  • Fuck Off
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2021, 06:42:19 pm »

Zoom out mods,
Health hack mods,

I will still use yellow musket  ;)
That's fine, you can watch everyone else play with your yellow muskets whilst you're in spec banned from playing ;)

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2021, 06:44:08 pm »
Yellow muskets give players a definite full advantage which other players can’t access outside the video options in the base game. And thus shouldn’t be allowed

Do a vote about allowing yellow muskets amongst EGS captains then just ban any player that does not comply with these rules - I don’t even know why this is such a contentious issue, this is blatant cheating and shouldn’t be allowed
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline EGS Official

• Board Moderator
  • European Groupfighting Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2021, 08:37:57 pm »
Yellow muskets give players a definite full advantage which other players can’t access outside the video options in the base game. And thus shouldn’t be allowed

Do a vote about allowing yellow muskets amongst EGS captains then just ban any player that does not comply with these rules - I don’t even know why this is such a contentious issue, this is blatant cheating and shouldn’t be allowed
Was posted to gather opinions on the matter, we already have a idea of what we want to do but we wanted to "feel the water". Team leaders will be messaged tonight in regards to the matter and we shall announce something in the coming days regarding it.

Offline Arch4ngel

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Archangel will be fine
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Archangel
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2021, 08:54:53 pm »

Nock

« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2021, 04:25:04 pm »

thing is, how are you gonna handle it ? how can you be sure players aren't using it ? they can just agree and still have it installed anyways and you wouldnt be able to know

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2021, 04:51:51 pm »

thing is, how are you gonna handle it ? how can you be sure players aren't using it ? they can just agree and still have it installed anyways and you wouldnt be able to know
true, although a lot of people that use it are people who upload to youtube so at least u can get those people to stop... or you could get the captain to gather a screen shot from each player at the start of the tourny to show that they're not using the musket colour change...

Health hack is a tough one but i guess shouldnt be allowed too as Hertz said.... But thats been around ages and its only a very minor benefit i guess...

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2021, 04:55:08 pm »
Since I don't record anymore I'm going to download every retexture possible, never screenshot because im bad anyway and I will become top 1. Unlucky kids.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.