Author Topic: EGS | Discussion  (Read 61172 times)

Nock

Re: EGS | Discussion
« Reply #585 on: January 25, 2022, 10:13:31 pm »
I don't hold Janne dear in my heart but the ban is awfully disproportionate despite what the Admin Team may say.

Yes, the muskets were re-skinned but I don't see how it can in any way give him an advantage or whatever, it's not like the bright yellow musket pack we used to see

We've had enough teams drop out of the tournament, for the sake of the competitive aspect of the League 1 tournament, you can't deal with this situation as if it had happened in a 20 active teams league/tournament

ALSO just like Janne wrote, if you truly cared about it in the first place, you would've asked for random screenshots of X player POV, which hasn't been done this season in league 1

Offline Maple™

• Captain
  • GLORIOUS MELEE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Boy Wonder
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #586 on: January 25, 2022, 10:14:22 pm »
since you banned texture mods are you also going to ban 144hz monitors are mouses where you can change DPI/Polling rate? Those are also a competitive advantage outside of the NW client.

Offline John F. Kennedy

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: John Kennedy
« Reply #587 on: January 25, 2022, 10:14:37 pm »
I don't hold Janne dear in my heart but the ban is awfully disproportionate despite what the Admin Team may say.

Yes, the muskets were re-skinned but I don't see how it can in any way give him an advantage or whatever, it's not like the bright yellow musket pack we used to see

We've had enough teams drop out of the tournament, for the sake of the competitive aspect of the League 1 tournament, you can't deal with this situation as if it had happened in a 20 active teams league/tournament

ALSO just like Janne wrote, if you truly cared about it in the first place, you would've asked for random screenshots of X player POV, which hasn't been done this season in league 1
Adjudant Kennedy: When I last played with Kennedy, years ago, he couldn’t get a streak of three blocking together. Looking at how much he had improved when I joined the regiment honestly had me speechless. Playing alongside him was a huge pleasure as I’ve hardly saw someone willing to team-play and offering himself so others can take the kills more than he did. He was also an honest figure within the regiment, always saying what he thought without ever sounding mean or arrogant and for that I know he was extremely well appreciated by the other members and also the rest of the NW community. It’s definitely not the place to talk about such things but what happened to him in real-life and the way he reacted to it showed me that Kennedy was certainly one of the strongest person in the regiment and that there is not much capable to take this man down.

Offline Arch4ngel

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Archangel will be fine
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Archangel
« Reply #588 on: January 25, 2022, 10:21:49 pm »
send me textures pls

Offline Chainsor

• Board Moderator
  • Nr13 - Hauptmann, EGS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr13_Hptm_Chainsor
« Reply #589 on: January 25, 2022, 10:30:40 pm »
Lets just collectively ignore rules, shall we?

I understand your points guys. The problem here is the following rule:
Spoiler

Tournament Rules

• Melee speed will be medium
• Bayonet players must use the Line Infantry class
• Stay in Spectator while not playing a match (REQUIRED)
• Matches
   ○ Group-Stage matches aswell as Round 1 of Playoffs (20 Teams) will be ft5
   ○ Round 2, Semis and Bronze matches will be ft7
   ○ Finals will be ft10
• Coloured musket texture packs will be banned and punishments will be handed out for people caught using them
• Clearly display your COMMUNITY NAME  in game aswell
as providing correct GUIDs
• If a player gets caught cheating (or using a wrong ID)
   ○ The team will get a one tournament ban
   ○ The player will be banned for the whole season
• If a team gets disqualified and got placed 1st - 4th, the lower placed team will take their place
   ○ All teams will get points for a win at the groupstage and knockouts if they lost
against the disqualified team.
• If a team is tied in groupstages, the 1st tie-breaker will be total points, then 2nd tie-breaker would be points difference,
[close]

It doesnt matter whether the muskets are slightly changed or just a little bit brighter. Yes, we could enforce the rules even more and could ask several people, who used these texture pack in the past, to take screenshots, but we dont have the capacity of admins to do so. People just complain and cry instead of activly participating in the well being of the series. We dont like it either, that teams drop out, but rules are rules. This community has honestly one of the shittiest mentalities i've ever seen. Even the League or CSGO community cries less. Sometime people here be like: "OMG they do something against me or my team, which i find absolutely unfair, even though the rules are set and the explanation is reasoning. Lets just dont participate anymore haha. Only teams like us keep the competetiveness up and the series alive". I neither have a problem with Janne nor know him, so I am very neutral on this one. If someone uploads a youtube videos, playing EGS/watching the same tournament the person played in, is honestley just dumb. I know it may sound hard, but in the end the same happend to HiReaper. Uploading this shit, at a tournament, that is probably more strict than others, is just rash.

We're free for the discussion. We always try to handle situations as neutral as possible, especially if there are several people in an admin team. How do you expect us to react on such occasions? Close our eyes and be like: "Oh, welp. This guy did stupid things, but hey lets just ignore the fact he did this since probably tournament 1". If Janne didnt upload videos during the period of EGS S3 while using the texture pack he would've only gotten an one tournament ban. Since he also uploaded videos, when he also participated in 45thN event, using the texture pack it was a done deal, which showed he already used it in other tournaments. I dont think, that someone uninstalls these texture packs before a tournament and reinstalls them afterwards.

Offline Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #590 on: January 25, 2022, 10:38:35 pm »
"but we dont have the capacity of admins to do so. "

my god you guys are incompetent xD

Offline RedFeu

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: idol of Lebrave
« Reply #591 on: January 25, 2022, 10:40:08 pm »

Offline Chainsor

• Board Moderator
  • Nr13 - Hauptmann, EGS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr13_Hptm_Chainsor
« Reply #592 on: January 25, 2022, 10:42:08 pm »
People just complain and cry instead of activly participating in the well being of the series

sums it up I guess.

Nock

« Reply #593 on: January 25, 2022, 10:53:56 pm »
The thing is, I wouldn't give a shit normally BUT there are situations where you just cannot blindly follow rules. This is literally the same IRL, in jobs, etc. There will be times and situations where you have to bend the rules (because I didn't make this clear, I do think this is a proportionate punishment BUT not in this situation).

This is legit the first time anyone complained about anything since the beginning of the League (for the League 1 at least, cause yes people did complain about the HiReaper situation) so I can hardly imagine why it made sense to write that part "People just complain and cry instead of activly participating in the well being of the series." as everything as been going smoothly for the past tournaments (again, solely speaking for the L1 btw, and that's thanks to the hard working admins).

This part "Sometime people here be like: "OMG they do something against me or my team, which i find absolutely unfair, even though the rules are set and the explanation is reasoning. Lets just dont participate anymore haha. Only teams like us keep the competetiveness up and the series alive"" makes even less sense as there are nobody else from DAB but Janne that complained about the punishment, it has only been people from other teams. I don't see how that is seen as a shitty mentality to want to keep the scene competitive by not having another team drop out

Nothing personal nor angry typing, I do respect the decision, but in my opinion it just hurts the community more than it benefits it in that very situation

Offline Gi

• General
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
« Reply #594 on: January 25, 2022, 10:56:05 pm »
This tournament needs more bans and less teams, please continue

Offline Mauri

• Colonel
  • Make Killbox Great Again
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mauri
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #595 on: January 25, 2022, 11:11:58 pm »
where is screenshot of the mod? i think it really depends if it gives advantage or not. when you play with the NW-Minecraft mod for example, you shouldnt be punished for cheating

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #596 on: January 26, 2022, 01:40:06 pm »
where is screenshot of the mod? i think it really depends if it gives advantage or not. when you play with the NW-Minecraft mod for example, you shouldnt be punished for cheating

But it should. You either ban all musket texture mods or none, there can't be any in-between

Though I must agree with this

It's not that hard to ask a player to make a screenshot now, cmon ^^
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 26, 2022, 01:55:10 pm »

But it should. You either ban all musket texture mods or none, there can't be any in-between

why ? i think you can clearly differentiate people who try to abuse them to get some advantage, although a negligible one.  it's a pretty dumb rule that clearly was never taken seriously, nobody ever seemed to enforce it so i thought people just didn't care anymore. anyways go ahead jannies and ruin your tournament for the sake of feeling like a big boy on the internet.

Offline crazypro25.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr13_Uffz_Krazy
« Reply #598 on: January 26, 2022, 02:04:21 pm »

Offline Dren

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 26, 2022, 03:17:40 pm »
I honestly never understood why people always want to enforce rules to the letter, it just tend to create stupid situations. I get that in a situation where there is too many things happening to make case by case "judgement" it's too complicated but it's not like you have a lot of those to deal with... imo checking if it's clearly used to give an advantage or not then deciding if it's ban worthy(and clearly asking the guy to remove the skin regardless) is a smarter process. Just going on like THE RULES ARE THE RULES doesn't make sense to me. No ruleset is perfect and if you find something that doesn't seem that smart might as well change it. I mean it's not an international court of law you don't need to be that stubborn on rule enforcing (only defending janne because we secretly have an affair but keep it a secret).
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 03:24:00 pm by Dren »