Author Topic: EGS | Discussion  (Read 61135 times)

Nock

Re: EGS | Discussion
« Reply #480 on: December 15, 2021, 02:28:22 pm »
please keep going, i live solely for fse dramas

Offline Alf

• Major
  • 15th carry
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #481 on: December 15, 2021, 02:28:49 pm »
So now you’re saying they’re too lenient when you just said they’re too harsh?
Nothing seemed out of place except the washing machine in the bar when the pink horses galloped across the sea.

Let your intentions be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you range, fall like a thunderbolt - Zeyden cringelord

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • Board Moderator
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #482 on: December 15, 2021, 02:29:13 pm »
please keep going, i live solely for fse dramas
dw i gotchu bro
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #483 on: December 15, 2021, 02:31:02 pm »

Indeed; If you're actually understand what I'm writing, you'll realise that you should be making the right choices, being lenient in one area and then harsh in another makes absolutely no sense, punishment is fine but punishment should be the start, can't just pull some random period out your arse expecting it to be reasonable especially when that hasn't be set by some precedent.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #484 on: December 15, 2021, 02:31:39 pm »
Doxxing on FSE has never been treated lightly, some things like slurs yes they just result in a minor warning unless repeated (several players have been banned for constant homophobic or racist remarks as have they been for doxxing permanently). I don't see what this has to do with drama within tournaments however.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Alf

• Major
  • 15th carry
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 15, 2021, 02:33:53 pm »

Indeed; If you're actually understand what I'm writing, you'll realise that you should be making the right choices, being lenient in one area and then harsh in another makes absolutely no sense, punishment is fine but punishment should be the start, can't just pull some random period out your arse expecting it to be reasonable especially when that hasn't be set by some precedent.

But this is EGS not FSE beef, it’s one of the first times they’ve had to make a decision like this and they’ve always been strict on trolling, just look at rikimaru being removed from the MVP standings last season, taking the decisions of one group of tournament admins and trying to make a point about something unrelated is no precedent at all
Nothing seemed out of place except the washing machine in the bar when the pink horses galloped across the sea.

Let your intentions be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you range, fall like a thunderbolt - Zeyden cringelord

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 15, 2021, 02:34:57 pm »
Doxxing on FSE has never been treated lightly, some things like slurs yes they just result in a minor warning unless repeated (several players have been banned for constant homophobic or racist remarks as have they been for doxxing permanently). I don't see what this has to do with drama within tournaments however.

If I recall correctly, JoJo was actually considered to come back after around 6 months of not only doxxing, but ddosing and threatening - something which is almost certainly laughable. Isn't he also going to be unbanned from the forum he took personal information from soon? I mean that's what I heard anyways. On another note, like I said, HiReaper having a two tournament ban is really silly and should be reconsidered to a shorter ban.

But this is EGS not FSE beef, it’s one of the first times they’ve had to make a decision like this and they’ve always been strict on trolling, just look at rikimaru being removed from the MVP standings last season, taking the decisions of one group of tournament admins and trying to make a point about something unrelated is no precedent at all

Aaa yes, and what great way of making a decision by not allowing HiReaper to explain himself, that's exactly how it should start.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 02:36:57 pm by Fietta »

Offline Trexons

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15thYR_Gren_Trexons
« Reply #487 on: December 15, 2021, 02:35:42 pm »
Hireaper banned, meanwhile Ogok still at large

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #488 on: December 15, 2021, 02:38:09 pm »
I've always said that we should have went more down the native route and banned all the texture changes and things so we can stop all 'cheats' entirely tbh but everyone was against it. You say about known autoblockers but there is no 'real' way to prove this.
The only way to really fix this would be to go down a 3rd party anti cheat/process monitoring route. For those that have never needed to use it, back in the day ESL had a client which you had to have open when playing in a ESL tournament match which would monitor everything you have open on your machine and what it interracts with. But who in their right mind would undertake such a colossal task, nobody.

Plus people keep talking about NW being dead, if we did introduce something like that it would only proceed to kill it even further. Not sure people would really want the results of that.

If you hate how the communities run so much Fietta how about you actually try do something yourself for once rather than sitting on the forums all day complaining about how much better you are than the rest of this community lmao.
I agree. I had this conversation so many times with EIC. If you guys don't like something, pointing it out but then providing 0 input/resolutions to that issue accomplishes nothing.

The best thing EGS can do is try and make the circuit more inclusive to entice more people to take part. Rather than having younger, newer players that might potentially want to step into comp NW, or even existing ones for that matter just hit with spams of racial/homophobic slurs etc. pushing them away permenantly.

Change starts at the top, but considering the 'top' being you moderators are just as lenient as the rest, then it's hopeless - not that you actually could change anything from the forums, but leniency here and actively contributing to community decisions always influences decisions more than the average joe blogs
In every post you make Fietta I notice one thing, you never actually fucking say anything. What do you even want? What are you complaining about? I thought the argument was about people being TOO HARSH not lenient lol

If I recall correctly, JoJo was actually considered to come back after around 6 months of not only doxxing, but ddosing and threatening - something which is almost certainly laughable. Isn't he also going to be unbanned from the forum he took personal information from soon? I mean that's what I heard anyways. On another note, like I said, HiReaper having a two tournament ban is really silly and should be reconsidered to a shorter ban.
There's a reason why he stayed banned from Regimental tournaments, the same with Obelix. Jojo will be allowed to return mid next year as its been over 1.5 years by that point.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #489 on: December 15, 2021, 02:39:49 pm »

Aaa yes, and what great way of making a decision by not allowing HiReaper to explain himself, that's exactly how it should start.
More information came to light on Jojo and the data breach, it was not as simple as it seemed and atm Jojo does not have a set unban date.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 15, 2021, 02:40:00 pm »
Hireaper banned, meanwhile Ogok still at large
true crime

Offline Alf

• Major
  • 15th carry
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 15, 2021, 02:40:04 pm »
JoJo was banned from a whole host of tournaments, he also apologised for what he did and sticks to his little group of frenchies, also as has already been said here hireaper could’ve literally just gone “I was dumb it was a bad choice sorry won’t happen again” and it would be sorted, he didn’t do that, this is the result.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 15, 2021, 02:41:06 pm »
Change starts at the top, but considering the 'top' being you moderators are just as lenient as the rest, then it's hopeless - not that you actually could change anything from the forums, but leniency here and actively contributing to community decisions always influences decisions more than the average joe blogs
In every post you make Fietta I notice one thing, you never actually fucking say anything. What do you even want? What are you complaining about? I thought the argument was about people being TOO HARSH not lenient lol

Classic, I've already replied to that point because Alf mentioned it and instead of you actually arguing that point, you're just trying to bring the original one down, stop being silly.

Here it is above considering you just completely skipped it out ^
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 02:43:13 pm by Fietta »

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #493 on: December 15, 2021, 02:44:03 pm »

Classic, I've already replied to that point because Alf mentioned it and instead of you actually arguing that point, you're just trying to bring the original one down, stop being silly.
Its not my fault in the time it takes for me to write one post you retards have already spammed 10 more.

How we were supposed to get this from what you said is fucking mental. You made a long post about the hosts stepping over the line then made a different post about them being lenient. Where were we supposed to get that?

Maybe articulate yourself in one post instead of changing your mind 20 minutes later and making a totally different point.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 15, 2021, 02:46:33 pm »

Its not my fault in the time it takes for me to write one post you retards have already spammed 10 more.

How we were supposed to get this from what you said is fucking mental. You made a long post about the hosts stepping over the line then made a different post about them being lenient. Where were we supposed to get that?

Maybe articulate yourself in one post instead of changing your mind 20 minutes later and making a totally different point.

Alright, you clearly actually have no idea what I'm talking about - it's articulated perfectly, just because you don't quite grasp what it's saying because you're moronic, doesn't in any sense mean I'm changing my mind.

People are lenient > Bad - the majority of NW decisions
People are too harsh > Bad - the current EGS decision

People who make reasonable punishments > Good - still waiting for this one

The funniest part is, you know exactly what I'm talking about, you're just trying to act silly to strengthen your point, stop being silly and read.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 02:48:24 pm by Fietta »