Author Topic: European Infantry Cup [Season 1] *Completed*  (Read 163747 times)

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: European Infantry Cup [Season 1]
« Reply #1155 on: August 28, 2017, 01:32:10 pm »
Its not about being bothered, its about having the time to do it. Try to remember that most of the ref's are from 18e and 17e. So if we are busy, who else does it?
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Munj

• Second Lieutenant
  • Steam name: [63e] Munj
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_Cpt_Munj
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1156 on: August 28, 2017, 02:40:32 pm »
63e 5 - 5 2nd

Very little rulebreaks from when I came in to Ref since Price stole me away from reffing from the beginning, apologies. There's been an issue with OA right before I joined so I couldn't make a verdict on it, waiting for the 63e to upload the video to see if it was OA.
GG, 63e Please upload that video as I'd like to appeal for that OA

Zen will be uploading soon.

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1157 on: August 28, 2017, 05:04:08 pm »
Its not about being bothered, its about having the time to do it. Try to remember that most of the ref's are from 18e and 17e. So if we are busy, who else does it?
thats what you get for getting lazy na refs

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #1158 on: August 28, 2017, 05:41:50 pm »

How the fact most referees are from the 17e and the 18e is relevant to the situation? Unless you have a EIC match at the same time which obviously can happen or IRL priorities, you effectively aren't busy, you make the choice to do something else instead of being a referee.

That's not the first time I'm taking a match because no one else can and the regiments have litteraly kept asking to everyone and you won't have me believe that its because 'all the other referees' are busy. Some are, and some others can't be arsed, simple.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 05:44:03 pm by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: August 28, 2017, 05:48:50 pm »
Well at the same time you could argue that you chose to be a referee so deal with it.

Simple

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: August 28, 2017, 05:50:41 pm »
Well at the same time you could argue that you chose to be a referee so deal with it.

Simple

Which is exactly my point? (Since you didn't quote anyone I assume you answering to me).

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: August 28, 2017, 05:54:50 pm »

How the fact most referees are from the 17e and the 18e is relevant to the situation? Unless you have a EIC match at the same time which obviously can happen or IRL priorities, you effectively aren't busy, you make the choice to do something else instead of being a referee.

That's not the first time I'm taking a match because no one else can and the regiments have litteraly kept asking to everyone and you won't have me believe that its because 'all the other referees' are busy. Some are, and some others can't be arsed, simple.
Its incredibly relevant. Yesterday for example 17e, 18e and 63e had EIC matches.

That's 8 of 11 available referee's. Before you, Etherton and Munj, Me, Wuesten and Midnight were doing all the reffing. If there are people online that are free to ref but don't, thats another story but until you bring me evidence of people actively refusing to ref because they "can't be bothered" then please do not post snarky comments like that. Its helpful to nobody but yourself.

Offline ~Midnight~

• Board Moderator
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #1162 on: August 28, 2017, 05:57:14 pm »

Its incredibly relevant. Yesterday for example 17e, 18e and 63e had EIC matches.

That's 8 of 11 available referee's. Before you, Etherton and Munj, Me, Wuesten and Midnight were doing all the reffing. If there are people online that are free to ref but don't, thats another story but until you bring me evidence of people actively refusing to ref because they "can't be bothered" then please do not post snarky comments like that. Its helpful to nobody but yourself.
I think I made Price's head explode yesterday when I kept asking him to ref. At one point he said "Midnight I've had enough of your attitude today" and I said "Good so can I go Ref?"

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: August 28, 2017, 06:04:11 pm »

I think I made Price's head explode yesterday when I kept asking him to ref. At one point he said "Midnight I've had enough of your attitude today" and I said "Good so can I go Ref?"
You left early to go ref anyway you useless turd

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: August 28, 2017, 06:17:51 pm »
Instead of taking any comments personally like you always seem to do then try to look deeper in it and look for constructive criticism instead of stopping at the stuff you like and refusing to see the rest.

Firstly my comment was not in regards of the situation which happened yesterday (which is completly different to the one happening now) but since you're the one bringing it to the table lets talk about it. If all your referees are players partaking into the tournament (which is the case) and that none of them are available when big matches happen then we do indeed have a problem and could please explain me what you've done to solve it in an efficient way?

The last time we talked about referees, you kept on complaining that 'too many referees' had been added by Pieter without your consent however you seem to completly neglect the fact that there is effectively not enough referees and that a good idea would be (maybe in future?) to have potential referees not partaking into the league and therefore with more free time especially at the moment all the other referees would be playing their matches. You ackwoledge that, this last bit, no matter how 'snarky' it might sounds to you, was a suggestion?

Having a match like the 17e vs the 96y left without a referee was going to be a problem, everyone knew that and those issues happened. Having people recording the event is a good back-up solution but it ain't sufficent.

On my actual comment, its been now several times I'm taking matches that nobody wants to take. I'm not saying that I'm the only one doing it, far from it, most of the referees are doing a perfectly fine job however I've seen others playing games when I was refereeing said matches and for those being on Mount&Blade Warband, there was not a EIC match to be played which concerned them which means that they could have perfectly been able to take that match yet they decided, for whatever reason not to. I'm not going to call out those people as it it is yours and Pieter jobs to realise if some of the people you've picked up for the job aren't assuming their fonctions, not mine.

I have events myself every single time I'm taking a match, on NW with the 17e or other mods, some of them being actually way more interesting and enjoyable than a EIC match but when I accepted to step-up as a referee, I also understood that people would need me and that it would eventually means prioritizing EIC over more entertaining stuff. My comment was only aimed at reminding that to some other people which seem not to understand such concept very well. If you don't like my tone, I couldn't care less, I'm being frank and honest, not disrespectful. I don't like your way to deal with critism either but that won't prevent me from raising any issue I find problematic when it comes to run the EIC as smoothly as possible.

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #1165 on: August 28, 2017, 06:20:49 pm »
Brackets have not been updated in a while.

Offline Jammo

• First Lieutenant
  • 91st Lt Col | 17e Maj | Power Ranger | FFE |
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: August 28, 2017, 06:36:22 pm »
All I'm going to say in defense of my inactivity of reffing is that all our steams are on the front page and not once have I been contacted asking to ref somebody. I've also posted that I'd take the match more than once on this very thread and people have straight up ignored it so it's not always these "can't be bothered refs". If people that are begging for referees can't even take the initiative to click on the 1st page and add them then tbh they don't deserve one.

Thought I'd give my defense as someone who has not reffed a lot in this EIC.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: August 28, 2017, 06:39:54 pm »
I guess it has two go both ways. Yes, regimental leaders should contact referees themselves if nobody seems willing to take their match but referees should also have the reflex not to wait for someone to contact them.

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: August 28, 2017, 06:43:58 pm »
Brackets have not been updated in a while.
They are done on a Monday instead of Friday now to make it a little easier. Will do it this evening.

All I'm going to say in defense of my inactivity of reffing is that all our steams are on the front page and not once have I been contacted asking to ref somebody. I've also posted that I'd take the match more than once on this very thread and people have straight up ignored it so it's not always these "can't be bothered refs". If people that are begging for referees can't even take the initiative to click on the 1st page and add them then tbh they don't deserve one.

Thought I'd give my defense as someone who has not reffed a lot in this EIC.
Exactly. This was something I was going to try to explain but you have done it for me. I have twice been contacted to reff since EIC started.

People posting info for their matches and not contacting any referee's is unacceptable. There is also a steam group for a reason.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: August 28, 2017, 06:50:46 pm »
Yeah I guess its always better to keep blaming others rather than looking at what you're doing wrong. Its a problem that some regimental leaders don't have the reflex to contact referees indeed and it should be fixed but the issues I have posted are also a problem and so far I also see you calling one behaviour unacceptable while effectively, those issues are on both sides.

I've stated my points more than clearly by now, I don't think repeating them over and over will make them any more relevant so I will stop.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 06:52:44 pm by Tardet »