Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 64793 times)

Offline Andee

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #420 on: April 27, 2016, 10:47:36 pm »
Rip Nexus Mods
xD

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #421 on: May 04, 2016, 06:35:18 pm »
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Suns

« Reply #422 on: May 05, 2016, 06:02:24 am »

Going to give me another 10-20 hours on Fallout 4

Offline TheRealHunter

• Major General
  • Property of Chriseh
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Harris
« Reply #423 on: May 05, 2016, 12:52:04 pm »
Idk i hace none of the DLCs yet, should i get the season pass?

Offline Ser Thomas

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 06, 2016, 03:29:01 am »
Idk i hace none of the DLCs yet, should i get the season pass?
no.

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 06, 2016, 06:47:16 am »
Honestly the season pass was probably worth it when it was only 30 bucks. Now it's 50 bucks with promises of more DLC after this.

To size it up:
Automatron is short story-wise but a nice addition if you like building robots, and seeing the Commonwealth filled with random encounters or the Mechanist's robots. Apart from some missed opportunities with the DLC. It's solid.

Wasteland Workshop is purely settlement building add-on. Charging five bucks for this seemed a bit bull with the mindset that these additions should of been in the game from the start. you really get that feeling from this add-on. Like the traps and such.

Far Harbor, as much as I love Fallout series I just do not see how this DLC can be worth the 25 bucks price tag from what I've seen thus far.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas DLC like Point Lookout and Old World Blues were at most 10 bucks. (least on Steam IIRC).

So far, in my opinion the smaller-sized DLC idea does not seem to be working as well as the DLC format we have come to expect from Fallout 3 and New Vegas.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 06:54:31 am by usnavy30 »
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it

Offline Butts

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 15, 2016, 10:23:28 am »
I stopped playing this game

Offline Andee

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 15, 2016, 10:28:45 am »
Finished the game way back and didn't have a reason to keep playing. The world is nice, but once you seen it once you've seen it all. The side quests are mostly the same. Either the routine fetch or "go kill these guys" quest.
xD

Offline Butts

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 15, 2016, 06:22:13 pm »
^same

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #429 on: May 15, 2016, 08:51:10 pm »

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 26, 2016, 10:45:20 am »
What the heck is that and why did you post it in the Fallout 4 thread?  :o

On the topic at hand, Far Harbor is pretty good for a DLC. These large expansions kind of add-ons work better than the smaller ones I would say. Honestly I do not want to hear about another wasteland workshop kind DLC planned. Now it is a matter of weighing the game against DLC, upcoming addons and the mods people make.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 26, 2016, 09:11:59 pm »
Honestly I do not want to hear about another wasteland workshop kind DLC planned.

There's actually a minimum of two more wasteland workshops planned.

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 26, 2016, 11:17:02 pm »
Honestly I do not want to hear about another wasteland workshop kind DLC planned.

There's actually a minimum of two more wasteland workshops planned.
Dammit, is it confirmed though? I have heard rumors so far.

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 15, 2016, 05:52:51 pm »
Might as well bump this one more time. Nuka-World DLC Official trailer is out, the sixth, and final DLC for Fallout 4. Fo4 DLC plan ending with a bang.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 15, 2016, 10:57:23 pm »
I guess I would play it if the season pass included it, but according to Steam, it doesn't.

I don't know, to me Fallout 4 was a disappointing game and total money grabber that dramatically lowered the standards of DLC value from Fallout 3, and even from Fallout: New Vegas. It felt like 30% Dawnguard, 10% Dragonborn, and 60% Hearthfire. For fuck's sake, it felt like there was more attention to the shitty DLCs than the base game. I'm sure I'll get around to playing more, and will potentially beat the main storyline (the combination of knowing what happens + having the stupidest fucking plot fork in history really killed it for me then and there), and the Far Harbor storyline I'm sure (because it was at least cool on the surface), and I'll get around to experimenting with the two workshops that made me lose all hope in Fallout 4 DLC (damned Season Pass scam... and where the fuck was the raider settlements I heard about?), but I'm really just hoping some great ass user created mods come out that have some Fallout 3/Oblivion/Morrowind feels.

Fallout 3 must have been a miracle for Bethesda and ZeniMax, because after Ken Rolston retired, their games just got shittier and shittier in my unfortunately dead-honest opinion. I'm doing a replay of vanilla Oblivion, and everything about it is making me immediately fall back in love with it. Morrowind and Oblivion felt like paper-and-pencil adventure games magically imported into a computer, from the display, the environment, the lore, the design, and everything else. All I remember from Fallout: New Vegas is robotic fisting and slot machines, and all I remember from Skyrim is vampires and poltergeist Daedra (the stupidest kind of Daedra (when exactly did Molag Bal turn from the twisted Daedric hate-lover of Vivec and the destroyer of anuses and worlds into a spooky ghost that throws pottery and coffee tables around???)), and that's no way to remember the successors to some of my favorite games of all time.

I fucking hate Todd Howard. Every time I see his face now I want to vomit. Fuck that man, and fuck all the new-age employees at Bethesda who are like "yaayyy this is my dream job herpaderp how do i mak a gam?".

Never putting another dollar towards a Bethesda product that doesn't actually look and sound really, really good. By the way, last time I said that, people asked "but didn't you like Dishonored?" to which I'll always answer "nah. About a third in I asked myself 'why am I playing this game?' and stopped playing."

All their games are just memes now.