Author Topic: Is It Ok To Still Eat Meat?  (Read 2472 times)

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
  • Side: Union
Is It Ok To Still Eat Meat?
« on: February 21, 2020, 12:15:44 pm »
I have recently finished watching Earthlings and Dominion, both of which I struggled to trudge through, and they horrified me to my very core. The documentaries focus on animal agriculture across many countries in an attempt to showcase the injustices done to animals globally. If you play close attention to what happens throughout, it is difficult to turn away when the truth rears its ugly head. I could barely hold back tears as the footage showed cows, pigs, chickens, horses, sheep, and even camels (among numerous other species) be treated appallingly before being mercilessly slaughtered. Piglets were bashed against the wall and stacked a meter high, as their mothers watched, unable to move as their pens were too small. Chicks were put into groups of thousands, where they were all later grinded together in a petrifying display. Many of these workers showed little to no empathy for the animals that they killed, with some giggling and taking out their rage on the innocent animals. Along with a flurry of another emotions, perhaps the strongest thing I felt after their conclusions was deep disappointment. How can we let these moral atrocities continue?

As it stands, at least 200 million animals are killed every day for numerous purposes. That is 75 billion per year alone; an unimaginable number when put into a closer perspective. 97% of the products that contain animals come from factory farms. That being said, very few of them get to live out their lives, which is the least we could do. Many our slaughtered within their first year. These animals are bred and raised for the sole purpose of human consumption. There is also scientific evidence pointing towards all of these species having the capacity to feel pain and suffering. How much of this is necessary? How many tons of food that come from animals go to waste every year? Billions born, year after year, that do nothing but suffer horribly before serving our dietary pleasures. Unlike our pets, no major consideration is given for sentient experiences. They are the most disregarded beings in existence. I can now see why vegans draw comparisons to the Holocaust, as these animals are not treated with any compassion whatsoever, instead being disregarded as nothing more than hamburgers and eggs. They think and feel the same way as our beloved dogs and cats, and yet their toil is not counted amongst the majority of us. It's simply a passing thought, as I do not believe we can withstand the full magnitude of the events that take place every day.

As it stands, there is not much we can do on a national level, only an individual one. The dairy and meat industries, alongside numerous others, make too much profit for economies to consider moving away from them. The animal suffering will never be considered a top priority so long as we view them as nothing more than a resource. Enclosed, beaten, impregnated, and finally killed. What right do we have to inflict pain on such a gigantic scale? Prior to the 20th century, meat consumption was mostly done for survival; I don't if that can be said for now. Our pleasures are built on the backs of suffering that cannot be understated, and I'm not too sure how much longer we can collectively ignore this problem. If we can become so separated from our evolutionary counterparts in a way that inflicts pain on a catastrophic level, how far can we go before we finally draw the line?

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Is It Ok To Still Eat Meat?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 12:27:07 pm »
but meeat taste good :D

Wursti

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 12:30:41 pm »
its not ok to not eat meat

Offline Cr3A

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 01:13:40 pm »
ye don't eat meat for a few months and monitor how shit you feel

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 02:24:50 pm »
Animals bred to feed us simply are resources, deal with it.
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 02:47:43 pm »
had a similar experience watching food inc a couple years back, really brutal stuff. Been slowly cutting back on animal products ever since.

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2020, 03:09:39 pm »
another long text i wont read
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2020, 03:48:58 pm »
Support your local farmers if you want to eat meat!! Chances are the animals from local, smaller farms are well taken care of. Sadly I don’t think it’s possible for everyone to do that but on an individual level buying dairy and meat products locally is much better than buying the big brands.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2020, 03:54:04 pm »
Any need some meat? Come to the south we got plenty of it.

Offline Fungus

• Major
  • The original shrigma male
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jr Pet Detective Fungus
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2020, 04:16:27 pm »
Eating meat is pretty homoerotic
Listen to me big fat red haired spastic, you don't have half of my intelectual capacity, you are a fucking brain less animal, i think your mother throwed you on a wall when you were a baby and this is why you have the same brain as a monkey,
You understand nothing, this is why you are working at 20, because your brain did not allowed you to go to school to grab a decent degree, being toxic on a video game is not the same as being retarded, you should try to do some maths exercices because remember you can't even count to 10 if you remember one of the recent tournament, so now go threat your gambling addiction before your mom kick you out of her house.
And you should also go in an asylum, you get triggered by a fucking game and go in depression, deleting everyone on Steam and setting your profile as private, you cunt.

|Viper|

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2020, 04:19:30 pm »
Any need some meat? Come to the south we got plenty of it.
Hit me with that gay shit

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2020, 04:56:23 pm »
Tbf i saw one of those videos where some pigs were being suffocated and they were screaming and shit. Was horrible to watch.

But uh, meat tastes good so I'm gonna keep eating it.

Offline Phil The Thril

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2020, 02:23:48 pm »
How can we let these moral atrocities continue?

Stop believing in morality
Nice Guy. Tries Hard. Loves The Game.

Offline MightyPaiN

• Colonel
  • ⚔ 17e ⚔ TBE ☆ Јебем вам матер ☆
    • View Profile
  • Nick: mightypain
  • Side: Union
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2020, 07:32:17 pm »

:) :)

Offline Fwuffy