Author Topic: Hussars Cup EU (Started)  (Read 16318 times)

Offline nytek

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Hussars Cup (starts week 35) [One slot remaining]
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2018, 02:18:28 pm »
Thread updated with info. Note that the bracket image is NOT drawn yet and is still to be randomized. I just provided an image to show people how it will work.
Proud member of the 8th Hussars. UI/UX design freelancer. I love gaming and coding.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
Re: Hussars Cup (EU)
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2018, 09:13:41 pm »
Hey Nytek! Many thanks for taking the time to host a tournament, I am not really part of the cavalry community but I do look forward to see how it plays out.

Spoiler
Update: Since we now have 8 regiments we will change the number of participants to 12. We have four slots left available. This means that we will have to do two groups with 6 participants in each. Six teams will be seeded as tier 1 and the other six as tier 2. We will then divide the participants so that there is three of each. The teams in the group will have to go head to head against each other. You're guaranteed at least 5 games, after that the best two teams in the group will go through to the semi-finals. This will, however, take a couple of weeks as most regiments would be unwilling to do more than one 1vs1 per week. We might have to include one week's break as well. I hope that everyone is willing to agree to this. My plan at first was to make a swift tournament but having gauged the comments in here it looks like most of you would have as many teams participating as possible. If you do not agree with this then let me know!

So you put three good regs and three medium regs in one group?
Yes. I know that this might not be what everyone wants but I think it will lead to the best competition. If a medium regiment is to win the thing then they need to beat the best anyway. That is my thinking behind it.

Idm cuz if you put all medium reg into one group and alle good ones into a group then the final will be not that exciting
[close]

I was just wondering if this was still a thing? Aka, do you still plan to spread teams in each part of the bracket depending on their skill/reputation, making two 'even' groups in the brackets. Looking at the brackets you put as an exemple, teams seem to be spread completly randomly but then again, you said it was an exemple so I am wondering if you changed your mind or if you still think its a good idea? (Because lets be frank, if you still think it is, I do believe it might be worth adressing to you why it really isn't).

Also, looking at your idea which is to host a 'fast-paced' tournament due to popular demand, did you consider the idea of adding a loser brackets? I am not completly sure yet how you can work it out without lenghtening the tournament too much and still giving enough time to the teams in the loser brackets to play their matches ; but with only twelve teams partaking into this tournament, it would give the opportunity to every teams to play a minimum of two matches and with it, adding the possibility of not being completly out due to a bad start, and with not so many 'extra' matches added.

Just an idea, obviously some people might be hostile to it for obvious reasons but I just came across your thread and assumed it was worth adding it as a suggestion.

Last but not least, I had the chance to catch one of the match of the last CNWL, live-streaming it on IVe Corps' youtube channel with Syrcrim and Nerza and it was a really enjoyable experience. September is still far way but if you'd like to have a similar coverage being done on your tournament when it goes live (in french), feel free to contact us. Once more, best of luck for your project!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 09:15:36 pm by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline DragonKing

• Major
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [DCL]Cpt_DragonKing
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2018, 10:36:34 pm »
Next time, you will allow cuirassers i hope ;)
Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline nytek

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Hussars Cup (EU)
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2018, 12:42:12 pm »
Hey Nytek! Many thanks for taking the time to host a tournament, I am not really part of the cavalry community but I do look forward to see how it plays out.

Spoiler
Update: Since we now have 8 regiments we will change the number of participants to 12. We have four slots left available. This means that we will have to do two groups with 6 participants in each. Six teams will be seeded as tier 1 and the other six as tier 2. We will then divide the participants so that there is three of each. The teams in the group will have to go head to head against each other. You're guaranteed at least 5 games, after that the best two teams in the group will go through to the semi-finals. This will, however, take a couple of weeks as most regiments would be unwilling to do more than one 1vs1 per week. We might have to include one week's break as well. I hope that everyone is willing to agree to this. My plan at first was to make a swift tournament but having gauged the comments in here it looks like most of you would have as many teams participating as possible. If you do not agree with this then let me know!

So you put three good regs and three medium regs in one group?
Yes. I know that this might not be what everyone wants but I think it will lead to the best competition. If a medium regiment is to win the thing then they need to beat the best anyway. That is my thinking behind it.

Idm cuz if you put all medium reg into one group and alle good ones into a group then the final will be not that exciting
[close]

I was just wondering if this was still a thing? Aka, do you still plan to spread teams in each part of the bracket depending on their skill/reputation, making two 'even' groups in the brackets. Looking at the brackets you put as an exemple, teams seem to be spread completly randomly but then again, you said it was an exemple so I am wondering if you changed your mind or if you still think its a good idea? (Because lets be frank, if you still think it is, I do believe it might be worth adressing to you why it really isn't).

Also, looking at your idea which is to host a 'fast-paced' tournament due to popular demand, did you consider the idea of adding a loser brackets? I am not completly sure yet how you can work it out without lenghtening the tournament too much and still giving enough time to the teams in the loser brackets to play their matches ; but with only twelve teams partaking into this tournament, it would give the opportunity to every teams to play a minimum of two matches and with it, adding the possibility of not being completly out due to a bad start, and with not so many 'extra' matches added.

Just an idea, obviously some people might be hostile to it for obvious reasons but I just came across your thread and assumed it was worth adding it as a suggestion.

Last but not least, I had the chance to catch one of the match of the last CNWL, live-streaming it on IVe Corps' youtube channel with Syrcrim and Nerza and it was a really enjoyable experience. September is still far way but if you'd like to have a similar coverage being done on your tournament when it goes live (in french), feel free to contact us. Once more, best of luck for your project!

Hey Tardet! My intention is indeed, to base the randomized draws around a seeding system. I will divide 6 teams into tier 2 and 6 teams into tier 1. Then the draws will be based around that to ensure that we get a competitive tournament. The top 4 in the CNWL will automatically go through to the quarter-finals. Your idea is a very good one as that would allow the new regiments a chance to get more competitive games and training. I don't see any reasons as to why any regiment would reject this opportunity. I will ask regiments around and see how they feel about it. I don't want to insult any regiment and therefore, I will ask every regiment involved in the first round about how they feel about this. But speaking for myself, I would be more than happy to give regiments this opportunity. This is a fantastic suggestion and I appreciate this very much. I think however that it should only include the 4 losing teams in the first round. They would go directly to a semi-final in a second bracket. Ofcourse, any video's or coverage of this tournament is greatly appreciated! I would be more than happy to place links to videos in the thread and share it with the rest of the community. If anyone else wants to record this, feel free to do so. It is greatly appreciated!
Proud member of the 8th Hussars. UI/UX design freelancer. I love gaming and coding.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2018, 05:59:27 pm »
Glad you like the suggestion! As for streaming it, as I said, september is still a bit far away but once we approach the starting date, Syrcrim and I will probably have a better idea of wherever or not we would be available for it. Definetly hope we can work out something ;)
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline nytek

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2018, 05:55:08 pm »
Brackets released

The teams who lose round 1 will go directly to a (second knockout elimination) where the 4 teams who lost will play in another bracket. Which will start at the semifinals. So there will be a Bracket (1), the one linked and a bracket (2) for those who lose first round as Tardet suggested.

Bracket for the losing teams in the first round
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 06:10:34 pm by nytek »

Offline nytek

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2018, 09:13:00 am »
I am going to be away for the weekend and I'll be back on Monday. If I am not answering in this thread then you know why ^^ I'll try to go on, during some point of the weekend.

Offline ForTheEpicness I.

• Second Lieutenant
  • Former 2nd iC of 2e (Stephan got kicked btw)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Beaufort
  • Side: Union
« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2018, 11:11:06 am »
5te PB doesn't exist anymore.

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #83 on: August 07, 2018, 11:24:40 am »
11th‘s gonna take their spot, I guess
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline ForTheEpicness I.

• Second Lieutenant
  • Former 2nd iC of 2e (Stephan got kicked btw)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Beaufort
  • Side: Union
« Reply #84 on: August 07, 2018, 11:49:57 am »
11th‘s gonna take their spot, I guess

Honestly doubting they can bring 12 members without the rest of 5tePB. (+ Lightning signed them up who isn't in the 11th)

Offline nytek

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2018, 04:53:01 pm »
I can confirm that the 5tePB will not attend. I have been really busy with some work and that's why I haven't updated the thread yet! But I'll make the change on the thread. I am also working on getting 2 more regiments to attend!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 04:54:41 pm by nytek »

Offline nytek

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Hussars Cup (starts week 35) [STILL OPEN]
« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2018, 12:08:15 pm »
Update - tournament starts in a week!

Since no additional teams have signed up. There is a deadline to sign up today. If there is no replacement for 5tePB, then Nr5 will go through via walkover. I recommend the following teams to make contact with each other and decide day: Nr4 - 2e Hussards, 2Lr - 59th Cavalry. I know that some people think this is unfair. But I let the randomization do all the work. It might not be fair, but neither is life.

Offline nytek

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2018, 12:24:18 pm »
Also, I am in need of more referee's as we only have 3.

Offline Lorucas

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Vencer o Morir | Πρώτο και έκτο
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th King's Royal Hussars
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2018, 12:53:41 pm »
- Nickname: Lorucas.
- Why you want to become an admin: My boi Nytek needs help and im coming for the bannercall.
- Previous experience: Admin in Cav Gf and Cav Gf Eu (not the KGL one).
- Steamprofile: Me

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2018, 01:12:26 pm »
- Nickname: Dokletian
- Why you want to become an admin: Helping this whole tournament to be awesome :)
- Previous experience: CNWL Referee multiple times, I was/am admin on countless server and events. Don‘t wanna list everything here.
- Steamprofile: [Nr.6] Dokletian

What map are we gonna use for the tournament?
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players