Poll

Which 2 days should linebattles/sieges be held on?

Monday
15 (11.8%)
Tuesday
11 (8.7%)
Wednesday
18 (14.2%)
Thursday
12 (9.4%)
Friday
24 (18.9%)
Saturday
29 (22.8%)
Sunday
18 (14.2%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: The Grand Campaign - First Edition (NEW POLL)  (Read 12891 times)

Offline Hawkes

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The Grand Campaign - First Edition (NEW POLL)
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2013, 11:48:33 pm »
Update: 37th have taken the artillery slot. Can't edit on phone.

Offline William Trumper-Jones

• First Sergeant
  • Commanding Officer, 82nd Regiment.
    • View Profile
    • 82nd's Regiment Website
  • Nick: 82nd_Lt-Col_Murphy
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2013, 11:34:09 pm »
Steam Name: [82nd] Murphy
Regiment Name: 82nd 'Prince of Wales Volunteers' Regiment of Foot
Amount of players: 35 - 45
Troop type: Line (and lights if possible.)
Team (R or B): B
Do you understand the rules: Yes.
Are you prepared to last the duration of the campaign: Yes.
Queries: Not at the moment.

Offline Hawkes

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2013, 11:46:01 pm »
Steam Name: [82nd] Murphy
Regiment Name: 82nd 'Prince of Wales Volunteers' Regiment of Foot
Amount of players: 35 - 45
Troop type: Line (and lights if possible.)
Team (R or B): B
Do you understand the rules: Yes.
Are you prepared to last the duration of the campaign: Yes.
Queries: Not at the moment.

This application is now pending. I will have to speak to 2nd CSG hussars about possibly merging into the 2nd CSG line to form a 40 man line, and then move over Stunned Lime's line infantry to give you 45 slots on red team.

Update: Stunned Lime has been kind enough to allow his regiment to move over if the hussars accept; for future notice, Stunned Lime's regiment get priority over future situations like this.

Please nobody else apply now, until we have sorted out this pending application. If this application is accepted, the campaign will begin most likely next week.

Offline CHARLES111MAC

• Second Lieutenant
  • The fighting Pug !!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Charles_MacDonald
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2013, 12:18:36 am »
Couldn't you squeeze a line regiment of 15-20 men

“The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no ears or eyes”  Adolf Hitler

Offline Hawkes

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2013, 12:20:44 am »

Afraid not. This is only if the 82nd do manage to gain their 45 men slot. It's a first come first serve basis - there will be another campaign most likely, with possibly more teams after the current campaign.

These teams have been designed for roughly 100 vs. 100 gameplay and so we can't really bring along another regiment. However - I may allow 1-2 backup regiments/reserve, just incase we get some no-shows.

Offline Thomaas

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • UK-Thomas
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16e_Ligne_Sgt_Thomas
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2013, 01:10:38 am »

Unlucky Charles

Offline Hawkes

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2013, 12:34:58 am »
We have now sorted the teams. A starting date will be posted shortly, along with lb rules, and event times + map. We advise all regimental leaders revise the strategic rules!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 12:41:08 am by Hawkes »

Offline Kolakhan

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2013, 04:47:29 pm »
What a innovative idea!  May I suggest something for the future as I see this as something that would attract many more teams.  Perhaps a European Campaign involving all the great powers France, Prussia, Russia, UK and Austria giving the opportunity to have 5 -100 man teams.  A large map of the vast area involved and each team getting a move, resolve battles, move again, etc, etc.  This wouldn't be so much based on moves and battles per week because how many battles that were created and then resolved would then determine when the next strategic move would be made.  I would perhaps set the grand strategic goal as the first team to conquer a set number of territories would be declared the winner and the initial map would be set up none historically to divide the territories equally to start.  While I wouldn't allow 2-1 battles I would certainly encourage "back door" diplomacy between groups to give some real cloak and dagger flavor to the game such as "I won't attack you here" if you won't attack me there" or let's gang up on "X" individually of course.  You could even have some strategic rules mixed in such as supply chains or perhaps allow for the accumulation strategic "build points" letting fortifications be built in territories of choice setting up siege battles.

You could also use general % parameters for troop types as guidelines but let each side set up their own armies for each battle within those guidelines.  For example all armies had to be within say 60% line inf, 10% arty, 15% cav, and 15% skirmishers.  This would be in number of men.  As long as your battlefield ratio was within those guidelines how you structured your units could be up to each army and what you brought to a battle would never be exactly identical to the other side.  I would put one caveat' in there that if you could go over the line inf % to make a "full size army" for a battle but never exceed the "special types".  Aren't you just a little tired of "cookie cutter" exactly equal types battles?  Let's take this idea and really step out of the box!  Things like cav types and how many guns per arty man would be worked out, thats in the details right now we are talking concept.  Depending on how well your team(country) is organized you could have your own private forums to discuss all your strategic moves.  There are dozens of internet free forums out there, many of you already have them as teams.  you could open up separate private threads to your fellow teams in your coalition.  Plot your moves and diplomatic undertakings.  The only limitation here is your imagination.  I once was a "game master" for a Mechwarrior league and we did this with a map that had over 200 planets using the old Mecwarrior2 game platform.  Played it for over 3 years.  It can be done.  Would love to help set this up.  I am on Steam.  Kolakhan

Offline Hawkes

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2013, 05:21:23 pm »
What a innovative idea!  May I suggest something for the future as I see this as something that would attract many more teams.  Perhaps a European Campaign involving all the great powers France, Prussia, Russia, UK and Austria giving the opportunity to have 5 -100 man teams.  A large map of the vast area involved and each team getting a move, resolve battles, move again, etc, etc.  This wouldn't be so much based on moves and battles per week because how many battles that were created and then resolved would then determine when the next strategic move would be made.  I would perhaps set the grand strategic goal as the first team to conquer a set number of territories would be declared the winner and the initial map would be set up none historically to divide the territories equally to start.  While I wouldn't allow 2-1 battles I would certainly encourage "back door" diplomacy between groups to give some real cloak and dagger flavor to the game such as "I won't attack you here" if you won't attack me there" or let's gang up on "X" individually of course.  You could even have some strategic rules mixed in such as supply chains or perhaps allow for the accumulation strategic "build points" letting fortifications be built in territories of choice setting up siege battles.

You could also use general % parameters for troop types as guidelines but let each side set up their own armies for each battle within those guidelines.  For example all armies had to be within say 60% line inf, 10% arty, 15% cav, and 15% skirmishers.  This would be in number of men.  As long as your battlefield ratio was within those guidelines how you structured your units could be up to each army and what you brought to a battle would never be exactly identical to the other side.  I would put one caveat' in there that if you could go over the line inf % to make a "full size army" for a battle but never exceed the "special types".  Aren't you just a little tired of "cookie cutter" exactly equal types battles?  Let's take this idea and really step out of the box!  Things like cav types and how many guns per arty man would be worked out, thats in the details right now we are talking concept.  Depending on how well your team(country) is organized you could have your own private forums to discuss all your strategic moves.  There are dozens of internet free forums out there, many of you already have them as teams.  you could open up separate private threads to your fellow teams in your coalition.  Plot your moves and diplomatic undertakings.  The only limitation here is your imagination.  I once was a "game master" for a Mechwarrior league and we did this with a map that had over 200 planets using the old Mecwarrior2 game platform.  Played it for over 3 years.  It can be done.  Would love to help set this up.  I am on Steam.  Kolakhan

This campaign derives from this previous project - it's simplified so it can be used for a more practical bit of gameplay ingame; if you do want to help out, just give me a PM on how you'd like to get stuck in. :)

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,247577.0.html

Offline Kolakhan

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2013, 09:17:01 pm »
Will do.

Offline Hawkes

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2013, 05:06:58 pm »
Can all regimental leaders paricipating please state that they are ready to begin anytime?

We want to know if regimental leaders are actually checking up on the event, for future preference.

Offline SaddamAZR

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2013, 05:57:55 pm »
Yep, 4pp is ready to start the campaign.

Offline The Unnamed Spartan

• Second Lieutenant
  • Facing tempests of dust I'll fight until the end.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 66th_Pte_Unnamed_Spartan
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2013, 06:58:53 pm »
We are ready
Now there is silence

Offline Porkins

• First Lieutenant
  • Porkins
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Porkins
  • Side: Union
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2013, 08:01:32 pm »
2ndCSG Hussars are ready.

Offline The Unnamed Spartan

• Second Lieutenant
  • Facing tempests of dust I'll fight until the end.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 66th_Pte_Unnamed_Spartan
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2013, 09:22:21 pm »
2ndCSG Hussars are ready.
God, not these guys ...
Spoiler
;)
[close]
Now there is silence