Author Topic: 33rd Public Siege Server [33rd_NW_Siege] - Soon..  (Read 247343 times)

Offline Sir Hal

• Sergeant Major
  • HONI SOIT QUI MAL Y PENSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hal, Fire and Brimstone
  • Side: Union
Nickname: Sir Hal

Steam name: 8e Sir Hal

Why?: I have seen occasion's on the 33rd Seige when there are no admins on and people get away with anything, i've had the miss-fortune of this happening to me all to often. It would also give me the oppurtunity to increase my experience as an admin and would also give you the chance to have another active admin to help keep the 33rd Seige troll free.

How active on the server: I'm very active on NW, as CdB of the 8e i haft to be and i am often on NW with not much to do outside of events and trainings so i could be on the server very often, an hour or so per day perhaps more depending upon my regimental requirments although i could probably be on the server more than that.

Previous administration experience: I administrate the IIIe Corpes Server and have admined the 2ndCSG Server as well.

Who can vouch for you?: 17e_LtCol_Posh

It's quite impossible to keep the server troll free when theres 160 + players on and your the only admin online ;) But good luck if you get accepted!

Thanks mate!

Offline Stevebot

• First Sergeant
  • Master of the NZ 250 ping to every server
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SteveBot
  • Side: Neutral
Reported a guy for trolling the door to the fort 6 times as attackers, admin stealth kicked me for kicking the guy off the door. Admin instant banned me upon rejoining and calling him an asshole.

Pretty consistently unhelpful mods on the server who only issue harsh bans for people criticizing the mods, I see people every single day who troll for 3 hours and get a temp ban then come back when no mods are around. You should be issuing perma-bans on idiots who are clearly trolling, as in making towers of planks to waste BP, destroying plank bridges or kicking players off cliffs.

Maps are so terrible I ONLY play Arty on attacking team because defenders will always lose on a majority of maps and plank/terrain exploitation is the only hope defenders have on most maps. I wish the old NW server was still online so I could stop playing the bot server and the Persistent World and Native mods.

I won't deny that some admins will punish you for insulting them, which I personally disagree with, but each to his own. You have to understand that admins in-game can only witness things they're next to anyway, and people in chat will accuse other of trolling over tiny things. I've had people asking me to perma ban a sapper for "wasting build points" when in reality he just didn't like the defences. So you can't always go off what you see in chat

If your version of events is true, it looks like the admin investigated your claims but only saw you teamhitting, and acted accordingly. You probably gave the impression you were a troll when you came back and instantly called someone an asshole in chat.

And about the temp ban, you can see the rules admins have to follow on the front page of this thread. A slay comes first, then a kick, then a temp ban, then a perma ban. Only the server owners can skip that order. So when you see someone get tamp banned, its not because we don't think they're not deserving of a perma, but that we have to follow due process.
"Kiss my ass and my anus, 'cause it's finally famous"- Nicki Minaj

Offline Hendrik

• Second Lieutenant
  • Good old times in Mount'n Musket <3
    • View Profile
I found a glitch on custom map 1:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu6J8dQ1m4A&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
Insulting admins usually does get you banned or kicked, sadly I must say.

However if you are racist or try to resort to perhaps personal insults then what do you expect. (I don't know what happens in a lot of these circumstances, but i've banned people for insulting me if they go 'nig***' or something, like morons).
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 04:17:35 am by El_Presidente »

Offline Robinhood

• Captain
  • "We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches
    • View Profile
    • Imperium Aquilarum
  • Nick: 33rd_Sjt_RobinHood
  • Side: Union
Look from admins pov, you kicked someone, then got kicked off the server, then rejoined and insulted, him, you looked like a troll obviously.

Plus, admins are donating their time to help the people on the server, insulting them isn't going to help your cause at all.  I have never banned someone for insulting me, however I have been pushed almost to that point buy people who just argue and insult me for the sake of it.

Offline Stevebot

• First Sergeant
  • Master of the NZ 250 ping to every server
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SteveBot
I definitely people should be free to say what they want about the admins, one of the things I hate about some servers is the way admins have these precious ego's, and ban anyone who remotely offends them. Last night I actually said in chat that I never take action against anyone for insulting me, and had a funny conversation where people would say "SteveBot, you're a terrible admin and your Mum is a whore" and I'd respond with something like "I deny that my Mum is a whore thank you very much". Tbh I think humor is the best way to manage things like that, and really helps create a much more friendly server.
"Kiss my ass and my anus, 'cause it's finally famous"- Nicki Minaj

Offline Hali

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hali
I only will start kicking players for insulting me once they have taken it to far imo. Usually these are the people who are making insensitive jokes before hand about race, class or colour, and i don't have time for people like that. Nor do i have time for players claiming i'm a tyrant when i'm trying to help make the server a more pleasant place to play in.

This is a game after all, i don't understand why such jokes or insults are required...
Takashi - Pomf Pomf (Rest of Light Company start to sing)....Me - ......What da f....

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
Spoiler
Lovely server, with that amount of people. I can only say you guys should really consider looking at the balance/gameplay of some of the maps. They are quite horrible.

He didn't mention any maps and his opinion can go away anyway because Funkiller never said anything good about any of my maps so yea...

No but srsly, tell me which maps so it actually makes sence posting negative stuff...
[close]

I have no idea what you call all your maps. But I'm sure of one. = D-day that map is just horrible, any
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 10:14:17 am by Gokiller »

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
Spoiler
Lovely server, with that amount of people. I can only say you guys should really consider looking at the balance/gameplay of some of the maps. They are quite horrible.

He didn't mention any maps and his opinion can go away anyway because Funkiller never said anything good about any of my maps so yea...

No but srsly, tell me which maps so it actually makes sence posting negative stuff...
[close]

I have no idea what you call all your maps. But I'm sure of one. = D-day that map is just horrible, any

Well that is perfect then :). St3fan has PC problems, but once they are solved he can edit the server again and D-Day will be removed. And it should have been removed like 2 months ago already ;)
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
Omg the siblings are fighting again.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
You also might want to consider either re-developing this map.

Spoiler
[close]

Last night when there were 160 players on, it was one big mess. Because there seem to be that one way from the left for the attackers, the defenders only have to mass camp those doors. This map is really hard for the defenders. If not barely impossible. It's only good for small amount of people (max 80 FE) apparently there is also an opening (door) in one of these rooms, where the defending team can spawn (randomly) but the attackers team can't get to. Not sure if it's because it's the end of the map, or a barrier.

Presidente: Say that one more time and well.... I know where to find you ;)

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
Yes sir, sorry sir  :'(

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
    • View Profile
You also might want to consider either re-developing this map.

Spoiler
[close]

Last night when there were 160 players on, it was one big mess. Because there seem to be that one way from the left for the attackers, the defenders only have to mass camp those doors. This map is really hard for the defenders. If not barely impossible. It's only good for small amount of people (max 80 FE) apparently there is also an opening (door) in one of these rooms, where the defending team can spawn (randomly) but the attackers team can't get to. Not sure if it's because it's the end of the map, or a barrier.[/b]

Presidente: Say that one more time and well.... I know where to find you ;)

Also quite funny, because the map is being changed atm. but the replacing map is still WIP.

Edit: Has the server already been updated with the update of the Alamo and ofcourse D-Day? Jesus I want it out so bad
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 01:39:05 pm by Dekkers »
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Hannes

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Ingame name that got banned: Sir-Hannes-von-Luebeck
Administrator who banned you (if known) : I didn't remember
Reason for ban (if known): I was trolling morta
Apologies/Notice: Sorry that I sat on the morta. It just made fun to sit on the morta :( I know that I made a mistake and I want to apologize. It never will happen again.

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Btw, this map made by Blitz with the Italian Style villa ish thingy. It really needs some fixing ;), I just played on it and I found like 3 to 4 ways to get in without effort.