Author Topic: The Star Wars Thread  (Read 107874 times)

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The Star Wars Thread
« Reply #225 on: December 17, 2015, 12:03:46 pm »
We don't want your negativity around here.

No criticism allowed!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 12:05:50 pm by Furrnox »

Offline MR_Cheath

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1eMar_pA_Cheath
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #226 on: December 17, 2015, 01:03:24 pm »
Spoiler
m-8! Most of the plot didn't make sense, everything was conveniently set up. For example Han screwing everything that happened in the original trilogy, he abandons the rebellion for no reason the same does Luke.

The new deathstar or whatever was just there so they could recreate the ending from a new hope.

No one gave a shit that Han got killed, but I guess he had to get out of the way because Rey was supposed to take his place.

And lastly I read a review of the movie that stated that Finn was as cool as Han Solo..... anyone who agrees?

[close]

Offline Kaasovic

• Donator
  • * and Obelix
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Anonymous
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #227 on: December 17, 2015, 01:57:39 pm »
Spoiler
rip
[close]
Developer of NordInvasion. Hi mum.

Offline Iron William

• Donator
  • 68th_NY_Maj_IronWilliam
    • View Profile
  • Nick: William/ Iron Will
  • Side: Union
« Reply #228 on: December 17, 2015, 02:25:10 pm »
Spoiler
rip
[close]

noooooooooo chewiiiiii
Iron Brigade for the Glory   and   Honor of the Union !!!

Offline Sinjide

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Arthur MacFarlan
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #229 on: December 18, 2015, 12:20:52 am »
Spoiler
"Let's build another Death Star ! More powerful, more scary, but we'll let the same weak spot, that they can destroy it again !"
[close]

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #230 on: December 18, 2015, 12:37:40 am »
Spoiler
m-8! Most of the plot didn't make sense, everything was conveniently set up. For example Han screwing everything that happened in the original trilogy, he abandons the rebellion for no reason the same does Luke.

The new deathstar or whatever was just there so they could recreate the ending from a new hope.

No one gave a shit that Han got killed, but I guess he had to get out of the way because Rey was supposed to take his place.

And lastly I read a review of the movie that stated that Finn was as cool as Han Solo..... anyone who agrees?

[close]

Yes, the movie was complete bullshit. I hate it. It is way worse than the 3 "first" Episodes of Star Wars.
Atleast these had a more or less proper story and proper character development.

A lot of the action in this new Star Wars movie just made no sense and half of the movie was just taken from previous movies. It started alright, but after roughly 30 minutes
Spoiler
or something like that. You know, as soon as they escape with the millennium falcon and get captured by Han, the movie turns into garbage
[close]
that was over and the movie turned into complete bullshit.

Spoiler
The new villain just feels so silly. You know, Darth Vader in the original trilogy had some mystery around him. You didn't really know who he is, and why he is evil and always wears a mask... The new villain is completely explained/revelaed in the first few minutes, has no charisma (I actually like Darth Vader as a character) and just feels unbelievable. There is no proper background story for him. Darth Vader had one.
In the beginning he seems to be super good at using the force, stopping blaster shots in the air etc. but the longer the movie lasts, the worse his powers get. How the fuck can he be defeated by someone who just got into contact with the force?
And the father/son plot is not only stolen from the previous movies, which makes it incredibly silly and boring, it is also flat as shit. There is literally 0 reason to care for either Han, Leia or "Ben". Espceially for Ben...
The only character that made sense and that I cared for are R2D2 and Luke. (Probably because they only had like half a minute of screen time each)

Another thing that confused me is why all previous Jedis, including Luke had to train for years to master the power of the force, while this new girl seems to be able to do everything by her own. Even after Lukes training, in Episode 6 he still seems to be new with the force. You can clearly see the difference in his training and abilities compared to earlier Jedis. And I liked that part. It showed that the "Age of the Jedi Order" was over and that no one will ever reach the skill of the previous Jedis (as seen in Episode 1-3) again.

And one thing that pisses me off in ALL movies nowadays, is that the villains always have be Nazis. Come on, why does that have to be? The Empire was not that Nazi. Yes, it was evil and enslaved people and did not do much good, but it felt like a believable structure that could form after a series of bad political decisions. In the beginning of Episode 4, there is a Senate and it is hinted that even Darth Vader can not do as he wishes. His officers complain to him that boarding Princess Leias ship is not a legal action.
Leia actually threatens Vader by announcing her capture and the boarding to the Senate to which the Emperor later responds by dissolving the Senate and thereby granting him and Vader absolute power.
Which makes sense, because that was the entire reason he build the Deathstar in the first place, right? To grant him absolute power over the Galaxy. He would not have been able to dissolve the Senate, if there would not have been a Deathstar. They would have all joined the Rebellion and the Empire would not have lasted for long.

In Episode 7, the "First Order" can just do whatever they wish. Why? How? How did they manage to form up and build this giant base?
I also did not understand what this "Resistance" and the Republic are. If there is a Republic, shouldn't the Republic be the one fighting against the "First Order"?
And how did this stupid Deathstar3.0 kill all of the Republic? It merely destroyed one Star System, maybe 6 planets or so. In earlier Episodes we learn that the Republic and the Empire are huge, that they span over thousands, if not millions of Star systems...
Or is the Empire not completely defeated and the Republic is just a small group of Planets struggling to fight against the remaining parts of the Empire?
In that case, the complete destruction of the Republic made sense. But then again, without the Deathstar, the Rebellion i.e. the Republic would be 1000 times larger, right?

If the First Order is a new thing that formed, where did they get the resources and support from? There is no explanation to that. Even in Episode1, there is an explanation for the Seperatist Army.
The First Order is just something to drive the Plot. There is no background story behind it, it simply exists because they were in need of a villain.
[close]

I would give it a whole 2/10. Even fucking Transformers 1-3 was better than this. And I hate transformers.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #231 on: December 18, 2015, 12:39:25 am »
i actually enjoyed the prequel films...
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 18, 2015, 12:47:58 am »
i actually enjoyed the prequel films...

Same. I enjoy the Episode 4-6 more, but I also like 1-3.
They have a (actually quite genius) story, they explain why Darth Vader is bad and how the Empire formed.
Sure people hate Jar Jar, but tbh, i never really cared for him. It certainly did not destroy the movie for me.

But I absolutely hate the new Star Wars movie...

« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 12:51:24 am by ††Olafson†† »

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 18, 2015, 01:45:12 am »
Phantom Menace was meh and Revenge of the sith was pretty good

Attack of the Clones was a sin, 1/10

Clone Wars series tells the story much much better tbh
Why am I still here

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 18, 2015, 01:50:05 am »
Yes, personally I do not like Attack of the Clones to much.
Phantom Menace was good, Episode 3 wasn't bad either. I love the Spacebattle in the beginning.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 18, 2015, 02:00:38 am »
I actually liked clone wars (besides Anakins actor of course)
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)

Lawbringer

« Reply #236 on: December 18, 2015, 02:08:59 am »
I get to see it tonight ^_^ my dad got advanced tickets for his birthday

Proof attached xd

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 18, 2015, 02:20:54 am »

Proof attached xd
wanna hit me up with one of those tickets?

Lawbringer

« Reply #238 on: December 18, 2015, 02:23:12 am »

Proof attached xd

Need a plane ticket too :(

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 18, 2015, 02:26:17 am »

Proof attached xd

Need a plane ticket too :(
nope. im gonna drive there. You really think i could afford a plane ticket?