Author Topic: The Star Wars Thread  (Read 107817 times)

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: The Star Wars Thread
« Reply #270 on: December 19, 2015, 04:29:45 pm »
The movie was fucking great. Cried like a baby when
Spoiler
Han died. He was my fucking childhood hero.
[close]
:'(

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
« Reply #271 on: December 19, 2015, 07:27:27 pm »

Well that explains a bit and makes the movie a bit better.
At least now the First Order actually makes sense, since it seems to be a larger collection of star systems, and not just one Star Destroyer and a huge base.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #272 on: December 19, 2015, 10:44:43 pm »
How could you possibly even have believed that? LOL

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #273 on: December 20, 2015, 03:53:13 am »
Spoiler
Well.. I mean, why the heck did they kill off that person. Made no sense to me. I thought he had so much more to contribute.
[close]
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 20, 2015, 01:19:17 pm »
Spoiler
Well.. I mean, why the heck did they kill off that person. Made no sense to me. I thought he had so much more to contribute.
[close]

money and fan service, he'll be dead irl by the time Star Wars 29 is out. Disney is going to stretch this out son.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 20, 2015, 01:47:11 pm »
That is actually a part I liked.
Because killing main characters is always good.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 20, 2015, 02:51:48 pm »
That is actually a part I liked.
Because killing main characters is always good.

Yep same, although it broke my heart as he was my all time favorite character from any movie or game. I still loved the movie and that scene really seemed to pull me fully into the new trilogy and had me itching to see what comes next!

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 20, 2015, 03:45:53 pm »
I hope for the next movie, they recreate something like the Space Battle in Episode3. It was one of my most favorite scenes in Star Wars.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 20, 2015, 03:53:42 pm »
I hope for the next movie, they recreate something like the Space Battle in Episode3. It was one of my most favorite scenes in Star Wars.

Yea i really would like to see some space combat as this film had little to none. Would be quite epic!

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 20, 2015, 04:07:37 pm »

Thought you weren't going to watch the next ones

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
« Reply #280 on: December 20, 2015, 05:48:30 pm »
But the point is that Ben is incredibly powerful in the beginning of the movie and in the end he can't do fucking anything. He stops a blastershot in the air, coming from the side.
And then later, chewie can just shoot him?
And that other idiot, Fin is able to defeat him with the lightsabre? That guy has been training for like 20-30 years, why the fuck is he so bad at this.
From what i've read, the reason that Ben is shit sometimes is because he is having an inner conflict between the light and dark force aspects, he had also just killed his father so as was explained, he probably had a lot of emotional toil to deal with. Keep in mind, he is no sith lord.
And how can Rey/Ray/Bitch/Whatever be so proficient with the force? She actually didn't even believe that Jedi existed until she met Han. And then she gets captured and she knows that Jedis can play mindtricks with other people? HOW DID SHE KNOW THAT? AND WHY DID SHE NOT NEED ANY TRAINING?
This was one of my few critiques of the movie, however i believe it wasn't a big deal in my opinion. We do not know who she is yet or why she is able to use the force so well but that is likely going to be explained in the next movie. As for knowing about mind tricks, people know that jedis are able to use mind tricks. I hate to reference Phantom Menace but that blue fly guy knew about Jedi mind tricks so i don't see how other people wouldn't. They probably heard stories of the jedi and their abilities. I'm sure all of this will be further explained in the next movies, again, we don't know who she is yet.
It also says they consist of military leaders who where part of the galactic empire.
That still does not explain how they emerged so long after the Empire was defeated and how they managed to get the technology and resources needed to build such a huge base.
And given that the First order is so popular, I mean, apparently everyone knows about it, why does the Republic not send its own army to defeat it? Or knew about that base before it was finished in construction? I don't think that it is possible to keep such a huge thing in secret? The Republic could have easily defeated it before they even got that powerfull.
JJ Abrams explains that the First Order was trying to not only emulate the Galactic Empire but also to try and surpass it. With all fascist societies, it's about supremacy. Also, if we look at the logistics, i would imagine that even though Starkiller base is much larger, that is because it is an actual planet. I'd imagine that the construction of the deathstar would take roughly the same time as the construction of star killer base because they are just drilling giant holes into the planet's core and lining it with metal or whatever it is. For an advanced sci-fi space civilization that has been continuously advancing in technology, this isn't that far fetched i don't think. Much of starkiller base is still, ya know, snow and shit, they aren't using the entire planet. As for defeating them before becoming too powerful, as the video explains, Republic and New Order signed a treaty and the Republic reduced it's military 80% so to not become a repeat of the previous republic.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 20, 2015, 11:32:26 pm »
Just got out of the movie. It was good except people were taking flash photos during the movie. Fucking Christ.

Also, y'all sure complain about some petty shit. Dumb nuts.

Offline Salcos

• First Lieutenant
  • Deus Vult, Romans 12:11, Κύριε Ελέησον
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Salcos
« Reply #282 on: December 21, 2015, 02:58:07 am »
Spoiler
don't click on it, spoiler
Spoiler
Are you sure?
Spoiler
Jar Jar dies
[close]
[close]
last chance
[close]
I hate it when people pass me a cup by holding on to the rim of it...

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 084ever!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #283 on: December 23, 2015, 02:01:42 am »
don't click if you dont want your childhood ruined
cinderella dropped her glass slipper
[close]
click here to join the 84th