Author Topic: Connection to server is lost issue  (Read 12143 times)

Offline Josh-

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 17e_SoP_SexyJosh
  • Side: Confederacy
Connection to server is lost issue
« on: January 21, 2013, 10:48:55 am »
So, i will be casually playing on a server, like EU1, and all of a sudden i would be back on the character select page with message " Lost connection to server".

I have tried editing Rgl_Config by changing the max number of connections to a lower number, like 5, and i changed use_secure_conection to 0 aswell, but none of these have worked.

So, does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it?  :)

Offline sally100

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: go to hell i`m not in the mood
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Connection to server is lost issue
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 02:04:52 pm »
let me answer this

a few weeks ago i had to stay for over a week in different hotels.. each one obviously had different internet connections/ips or speed

anyway, on some networks i could connect... on some.. whenever there was a new round spawn i would get a freeze and then it would disconnect
on some.. i couldnt even connect to a server i would get the error message the person above me put up

this is on a laptop which can run the game perfectly.. and a fresh install of windows so nothing to do with my laptop

i also edited rgl files many times.. wouldnt make any difference

i am convinced upon seeing how many people have this problem that it is to do with the ROUTER settings... they need to be configured a certain way to be able to take the strain of joining servers with 100 plus players...  or just in general being able to find the server lists.. because on some networks it wouldnt even be able to find more than 1 or 2 servers at all on the list

so yes i am definatly sure it is to do with configuring the router ... how i do not know but for some reason many routers and networks dont like NW or Warband....    and i think it is more on the side of the developers to fix this

hope i was helpful

Offline Josh-

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 02:44:18 pm »
Hi, thanks for the reply  ;D

I suppose it could possibly be my internet connection, it's just that i dont lose connection on Warband or With Fire and Sword, it's just on Napoleonic wars.  :'(

Offline sally100

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 05:45:08 pm »
Hi, thanks for the reply  ;D

I suppose it could possibly be my internet connection, it's just that i dont lose connection on Warband or With Fire and Sword, it's just on Napoleonic wars.  :'(

i know its just NW mainly

do a google search for napoleanic war connection to server is lost

thousands of results on different forums of people with that problem

they are ALWAYS told to `change secure connection to 0`  which most times doesnt help LOL

Offline Josh-

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 05:55:35 pm »
I have been researching this issue over the internet, but nothing has really worked for me, i have the steam version of the game, and i even tried the retail copy of the game over the steam version but the issue still persists.

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 05:55:51 pm »
Because NW servers are more loaded, you won't have this problem so much on less full servers, like 40 players or less, also check for low ping times when joining.

This problem is indeed with some home network configurations and mostly happens with people using WIFI, try to plug in your computer into lan and usually all problems are gone right there and then.

Offline sally100

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 08:49:41 pm »
Because NW servers are more loaded, you won't have this problem so much on less full servers, like 40 players or less, also check for low ping times when joining.

This problem is indeed with some home network configurations and mostly happens with people using WIFI, try to plug in your computer into lan and usually all problems are gone right there and then.

Yep, the fact that i had different experiences on different networks all but backs up the problem being with network as appose to simply editing a rgl file

Offline sally100

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 08:52:11 pm »
I have been researching this issue over the internet, but nothing has really worked for me, i have the steam version of the game, and i even tried the retail copy of the game over the steam version but the issue still persists.

Yes Josh as we are saying in the thread, the ongoing problem is more to do with router.. have a bash trying a different channel or enable upnp and a few other gaming tweaks (google router gaming tweaks), they help a router have a more stable connection for gaming

If all fails, ethernet cable should do the trick

Good luck  :D

Offline Josh-

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 09:25:55 pm »
Thanks for the reply everyone.  :)

I am not sure if i have fixed my problem but ever since i enabled load textures on demand i have not lost connection, i have just come out of a linebattle and i didn't lose connection through the whole game.

Offline sally100

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 10:37:01 pm »
Thanks for the reply everyone.  :)

I am not sure if i have fixed my problem but ever since i enabled load textures on demand i have not lost connection, i have just come out of a linebattle and i didn't lose connection through the whole game.

Ah that sounds more like a pc memory / ram /graphics issue than a internet connection issue - glad ya fixed it

Offline Sanderos25

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CPL Batavii
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 04:43:07 pm »
Same problem here now, although I've played M&B: Warband fine for years including MM and NW, and all of the sudden, out of the blue, i have this issue... any ideas yet?

I tried:
- Port forwarding for Warband
- Internet Radio on while playing the game
- checking for double rgl_config.txt
- Secure connection is 0
- max connections doesn't work
- Verifying game cache through steam
- Deleting and reinstalling Warband
- Reinstalling Steam

Sidenote; I noticed the same as Umbra on the taleworlds forum

His post
Quote from: Umbra
WOW!  I honestly thought I was the only one with this problem.  I started getting this problem several months ago.  I have been thinking it was my cable internet all this time. 

A couple things: 

1. The reason I thought it was my connection is because my cable modem is sitting right there on my desk.   When I get disconnected from a Warband server, I see a couple of the lights ("online" and "link" lights) on the modem go out for maybe 4 or 5 seconds then come back on and my internet connection returns.   The power light and downstream lights stay on.  I don't know how the game could cause this...maybe there's something inherent in the game connection that causes a lot of line "noise" and just causes the modem to crash?  Perhaps a "Steam" thing?  I have no clue.

2. Until recently, I haven't been playing any other online games.  When I started playing another game roughly 2 weeks ago, I noticed I wasn't disconnecting.   Having that happen plus reading all these comments leads me to believe there is something goofy with Warband. 
[close]

My internet dies for 3 seconds or so whenever this occurs, and with a speedcheck done it does not seem to be my internet, and the router has no mentioned problems and is designed for my provider (KPN) by Logitech to ensure optimal prestations for gaming.. However I agree this looks like a router problem, but I've had this router for half a year and in that time it worked better then the old one.. I am going to try to fool around with the settings for that, this sounds starts to sounds like the NAT problem the Playstation 3 experiences.

Speedtest Results
Download speed 91.1 Mbit/s
Upload speed 73.1 Mbit/s
Ping 17ms
(while 3 other computers are being used)
[close]
"Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied." - Otto von Bismarck

Offline Creed

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Nr57_Fus_Creed
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 05:35:13 pm »
i am also experiencing this problem. i have played NW without any problems until now. i have reset my router and tried playing in offline mode to no success. it cant be my internet connect because my browser is the same as usual and the ping has not doubled or anything

Edit: i have also been in the server with 150+ people on with no problems
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 05:41:49 pm by Creed »

Offline Josh-

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 07:22:41 pm »
It would seem my problem has come back too, when i enabled load textures on demand, that worked for like 1 week or so, but now my problem is back and i lose connection like every 15-30 mins now.

Offline freddiebox

• Private
  • I26_Lt_Rehnskiöld
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2014, 01:31:36 am »
I experience this too. The problem is that when I join a server, play for anywhere between five to 30 minutes and out of the blue I get kicked with the following message: "Connection to server is lost". It doesn't matter how big or small server is. And because it happens to more than me there must be something wrong on FSE's side and not ours. And since the Napoleonic Wars has worked for years until only a few weeks back also proves that there is nothing wrong with our networks.

Screenshot:
http://i.imgsafe.org/327afcc.jpg

What I have tried to do to fix this problem:
  • Enable/Disable Load Textures on Demand.
  • Enable Force Single Threading.
  • Delete all rgl_config.cfg files on my computer.
  • Edit the use_secure_connection line to 0.
  • Decrease graphics settings.
  • A full clean-install of the game including the use of system cleaners and manually deleting any remaining files and folders.
  • A full hard-reset of my Wireless Router to default settings.
  • Switching between channels in my router.
  • Making sure mb_warband.exe is allowed both private and public in my Firewall.
  • Port Forwarding Mount & Blade Warband and Napoleonic Wars.
  • Added mb_warband.exe as a exception in my Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware software.
  • Contacted Taleworlds and FSE to no avail; "Sorry for the inconvenience, we can't help you. Your router is broken."

Results from Speedtest.net:
Ping: 5 ms
Download Speed: 46.69 Mbps
Upload Speed: 11.40 Mbps

« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 04:52:25 pm by freddiebox »
Signerat,
Fänrik Frederik Rehnskiöld
Värmlands Fältjägarregemente

Offline freddiebox

• Private
  • I26_Lt_Rehnskiöld
    • View Profile