Author Topic: Reenactment Pictures.  (Read 103280 times)

Offline Cara

• French Language Moderator
  • Language Moderator
  • Former IVe_AdC
    • View Profile
    • TFD
  • Side: Union
Re: Reenactment Pictures.
« Reply #840 on: August 17, 2016, 05:52:51 pm »
and a 7-year-wars-line

Oh god  :P There you see why Reenactment-Lines in pre-1813 events often look ridiculous   :-X

What ? Have you seen actual reenactments ?...

Offline Vir An

• Second Lieutenant
  • DI_1°Rgt_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DI_VirAn
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #841 on: October 31, 2016, 08:00:16 pm »
Who was at Jena?

Here is some pictures :)

Spoiler

[close]

Offline Wolff

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: October 31, 2016, 09:13:17 pm »
I ve been there but sadly your pictures are not shown to me

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #843 on: October 31, 2016, 10:29:58 pm »
So, since the reenactment season is pretty much over for this year (I am not going to Austerlitz), here are some pictures from some of this years events in order.

1st Drill event in January, with our old equipment...

[close]

Another Drill event in Gravelines, it was the worst shit ever, not ever going there again... But hey, first time we used our new habit-veste, trousers and proper shako covers

Finally leaving this shitty event...

[close]

Civil War event in Walldürn in early spring. Great weather and great event. Excuse our Paki gear tho.. Were getting it changed.

Our camp, cooking breakfast (i.e. warming up the remains from dinner) and rolling cartridges.

I know the skirmish drill is wrong, we found out after the event... We are doing it correctly now. It was our first CW event anyway...

[close]

Verdun. Wow. It was so crap. We left after 10 hours. Apparently we weren't allowed to make a fire (EVEN THOUGH THEY ASKED US HOW MUCH FIREWOOD WE NEED WTF?), so we couldn't cook any food for our self... We made a fire anyway and a french dude showed up and started insulting us and demanded to take the fire down... Then it started raining all night, I woke up with a 2cm deep puddle on my blanket... We left shortly afterwards, not to spoil all the food we brought that we now could not eat.
Packing up for Verdun.

At Verdun, shortly before we had to take down our fire...

[close]

Bourtange. It was a one day event for us, because we had to attend a Wedding on Saturday... Still was fun

We ran over to the prussians that immediately integrated us into their lines... Shooting at french is fun!

[close]

Medingschanze. WW1 event in Germany. It was super fun and we had a small skirmish with the numerically superior Germans. 50 vs 4 is not fair!

[close]

Minden. Pretty boring event, we mostly sat around and played games...
[close]

Next up is Wavre. I guess it was an okay event, Wavre never is really great, but its not super shit either, so we had some fun. The field was super muddy and our shoes got stuck in the mud, so we decided to go barefoot.

[close]

Civil War Event in Venlo/Limburg. It was really fun. We had the ability to dig and construct our own trench, which was super great, we set up camp in the woods behind it, overall we had a very good time.

Beginning of a trench

Counter charging dem Rebs

Preparing for the Rebel Attack

Exchanging coffee for bread

Captured Rebels

Getting mowed down by a Confederate volley

Instructing the new recruit

Vince, the sniper

Food time

[close]

Neuf Brisach. Was alright, the best thing was the Drill with the 22e Demi Brigade.

[close]

Kasteel Rozendaal (Or something like that) A one day event, with a small skirmish.

[close]

Torgau. WW1 Event. It was weirdly organized, but the location was great. We had a small skirmish which was fun.

Waiting for the Germans behind a ditch

Tea time!

And more food time

[close]

Jena. A really great event, probably one of the best this year. On saturday we grouped up with the 22e and moved out to find some Saxons that were apparently hiding in Cospeda. We did not find them, but had a great time nonetheless. Because we moved out so early, we had to wait 4 hours for the remaining French troops to arrive, which we used wisely by drinking beer and eating bread, sausages and bacon. For some reason our battalion commander decided to split us up, and we were put into the voltigeur company, while the 22e was in the first line company. Moving as voltigeurs with this kind of drill was our first time, but it was fun.
Leaving the camp in the early morning.

Just before we got some free coffee in one of the villages!

We and the voltigeur company in skirmish order.

Charging the Prussians and Saxons in closed order.

[close]

Last event this year, Archeon. We only took part on Sunday, it was quite fun, the battle was kinda stupid, but hey, we got to shoot guns, do some drill and hunt chicken, so what else do you want!

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: November 01, 2016, 08:56:03 am »
Great pictures!! Also good too see a smiling Duuring and all smiling :P !! Been having a bit of forced retirement from the hobby myself jealous of you guys and what we will never have here in Australia..but once again, looked like fun and great impressions chaps!!! :)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 09:16:44 am by zac »

Offline Cara

• Language Moderator
  • Former IVe_AdC
    • View Profile
    • TFD
« Reply #845 on: November 01, 2016, 11:10:13 am »
Glad you still had fun in the voltigeurs company ! I love the last two pictures, where do they come from ?

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: November 01, 2016, 11:56:49 am »
No idea, Avout found them, I didn't ask. Where are you located on them? Are you on them? :P

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: November 01, 2016, 02:06:54 pm »

Our camp at Jena.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 02:08:43 pm by Olafson »

Offline Cara

• Language Moderator
  • Former IVe_AdC
    • View Profile
    • TFD
« Reply #848 on: November 01, 2016, 04:09:54 pm »
Yeah i'm on it, right behind the lieutenant during the charge  :D My habit-veste is being modified so I wore my capote.

Our camp, me making cartdriges for the new ones
Spoiler
[close]

Maybe you are on this one taken from the bataillon ?

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: November 01, 2016, 08:47:50 pm »
I knew it! I somehow knew that you are the dude in the greatcoat :P

Yeah that is us (tho missing 2), running. I believe I saw this before, but in a video. I am the guy in the center, without the bayonet. My bayonet lug was broken off, so I couldn't fix it. Sad times. The tall guy to the right is Admiral.

Offline Cara

• Language Moderator
  • Former IVe_AdC
    • View Profile
    • TFD
« Reply #850 on: November 01, 2016, 10:05:32 pm »
I knew it! I somehow knew that you are the dude in the greatcoat :P

Yeah that is us (tho missing 2), running. I believe I saw this before, but in a video. I am the guy in the center, without the bayonet. My bayonet lug was broken off, so I couldn't fix it. Sad times. The tall guy to the right is Admiral.

Haha what does that mean  ;D

Nice, I found it in an album one of our guys in the line put on facebook. Great running hehe

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: November 01, 2016, 10:20:54 pm »
Not the last time we ran that day... :P 3 of us (me included) deserted after the battle was over. We basically turned around and ran away. That was fun. The captain saw it and was kinda pissed, then told my brother to catch us. My brother said yes, ran after us and deserted too. Hahaha

Offline Cara

• Language Moderator
  • Former IVe_AdC
    • View Profile
    • TFD
« Reply #852 on: November 01, 2016, 10:30:03 pm »
Oh my god really  ;D ;D

I'm proud seems you learnt fast how to be a voltigeur haha

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: November 01, 2016, 11:36:09 pm »
Not the last time we ran that day... :P 3 of us (me included) deserted after the battle was over. We basically turned around and ran away. That was fun. The captain saw it and was kinda pissed, then told my brother to catch us. My brother said yes, ran after us and deserted too. Hahaha

Give me a uniform and a horse (going to bring my own sabre) so I can show you guys how fast you are going to run as soon as I'm after you to do test cutting on dirty deserters muhahaha

:-*  ;)
Dat kid who put up a global banlist back in Betty's times.
Former Regiments: 7te Kurmarkische Landwehr, 6te Ulanen, kk Kürassierregiment Nr.4, kk Bombardier-Regiment Nr.3, kk AR Nr.2, GGR Nr.4, Artillerie im Kö.Preuß.IR Nr.33.
>>Scenes<<

Offline Cara

• Language Moderator
  • Former IVe_AdC
    • View Profile
    • TFD
« Reply #854 on: November 02, 2016, 08:45:42 am »

Give me a uniform and a horse (going to bring my own sabre) so I can show you guys how fast you are going to run as soon as I'm after you to do test cutting on dirty deserters muhahaha

:-*  ;)

Lel we would have shot your fat ass don't worry  :P