Author Topic: Issue with posting  (Read 10651 times)

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Issue with posting
« on: October 12, 2016, 05:17:17 pm »
I've notice that whenever I'm typing something with some BB Code in the text that all of a sudden the message body or the text is no longer there and does not show up on my preview screen nor does the forum detect any text of any kind. Not sure what the issue is, but wanted it to be noted.

Offline Fungus

• Major
  • The original shrigma male
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jr Pet Detective Fungus
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Issue with posting
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 05:19:18 pm »
It would appear quite a few of us are experiencing this issue.
Listen to me big fat red haired spastic, you don't have half of my intelectual capacity, you are a fucking brain less animal, i think your mother throwed you on a wall when you were a baby and this is why you have the same brain as a monkey,
You understand nothing, this is why you are working at 20, because your brain did not allowed you to go to school to grab a decent degree, being toxic on a video game is not the same as being retarded, you should try to do some maths exercices because remember you can't even count to 10 if you remember one of the recent tournament, so now go threat your gambling addiction before your mom kick you out of her house.
And you should also go in an asylum, you get triggered by a fucking game and go in depression, deleting everyone on Steam and setting your profile as private, you cunt.

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 05:27:31 pm »
I did some experimenting, the issue seems to revolve around spoilers I believe and when you use specific BB codes within a set of spoilers? I tried adding Font Faces and Font Coloring inside of a set of spoilers and that seemed to trigger the glitch. Not sure if that is the specific cause. Anyone else have an issue with this specifically?

Offline Rival

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 05:33:13 pm »
Actually its worse, when you copy tables from one thread to another, it'll just disappear and I think one of the ways around that is RE-writing the code :(
Working on headers in NW is like working on formula 1 2016 engines for 2017.

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 06:27:33 pm »
If you add any text besides what you pasted in and than click post/preview does anything show up then?
Yes, I tried that yesterday when I was testing the problem for Duuring. Let's say I also typed up the Summary under the Update, you know "Corsican fighting Austria with Britain, woo scary, Russia doing stuff, It's a European War wooooo". The Summary would show up once I hit Preview and Post, however the Spoiler and everything inside it would simply disappear. And if after posting I quoted the post to see if the BB code was still there, just invisible, the BB code would disappear after posting as well.

I tried it with test posts on the OOC thread and the same problem occurred during my test PM's and even in my PM to Duuring about the issue.  :-\

The issue is being resolved by Duuring and the devs, however I just wanted to bring attention to the problem in case any of you all experience it or figure out a way to work around or even fix it.

Major Edit: So I sent BBJ a portion of the update (without detailed information regarding battles/major events of course) upon his request to look into the issue. One of the Battle spoilers in the update that I scrolled up to hide in my screenshots was a naval battle. In the text I sent to BBJ, the battle name and some words were typed. These words were formatted in the usual way I normally type: Font Times New roman, Font size 12, center, etc. He pressed Preview and got the same error that I got. However, upon deleting all of the bb code in the naval battle event spoiler, the message returned to normal and he could preview it no problem. The event obv was just normal standard fse text however it was visible.

We can now reasonably conclude, thanks to BabyJ, that the problem lies somewhere between FSE's BB code and FSE's spoilers. Perhaps some of the BB code bugs out when in spoilers or there is a conflict when BB code is inserted inside a spoiler which is already inside the main spoiler. We still don't know for sure, however it should help in figuring out what exactly the problem is. Thanks to BBJ for figuring out that crucial piece.
Dat kid who put up a global banlist back in Betty's times.
Former Regiments: 7te Kurmarkische Landwehr, 6te Ulanen, kk Kürassierregiment Nr.4, kk Bombardier-Regiment Nr.3, kk AR Nr.2, GGR Nr.4, Artillerie im Kö.Preuß.IR Nr.33.
>>Scenes<<

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 06:49:46 pm »
That didn't actually solve anything ^
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 08:59:35 pm »
We are aware of the problem and are trying to figure it out. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Offline Rival

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 12:28:30 am »
Hopefully its a simple fix :(
Working on headers in NW is like working on formula 1 2016 engines for 2017.

Offline Sergeievich

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2016, 08:13:37 pm »
Any progress on this issue?

Offline Rhen

• Colonel
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2016, 12:31:13 am »

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 084ever!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2016, 06:57:16 pm »

For me, editing the OPs still gives me a empty body message error.
click here to join the 84th

Offline Modernassassin

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [79th]Col_Modernassassin
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2016, 05:29:26 am »

For me, editing the OPs still gives me a empty body message error.

Same!

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 084ever!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2016, 12:54:42 am »
any progress?
click here to join the 84th

Offline Volk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2016, 01:56:35 am »

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2016, 05:02:14 am »
Think Duuring is waiting for the actual FSE staff to actually find the issue themselves, Duuring can only do so much on his end. At this rate we're expecting an update from the same guys who give BCoF updates.... so.... be prepared to wait five years.