Author Topic: Gaming PC Builds  (Read 76732 times)

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Gaming PC Builds
« Reply #390 on: March 12, 2019, 04:38:50 pm »
GPU is never really a problem to buy secondhand. Generally if they work when they are purchased, then as long as they are not kept in AWFULL conditions, then they will work 5 years down the line.

So yes, go for it.

Don't go for a 1080 if you can buy a 1070ti as there is basically no difference after the smallest of overclocks.
and for OC'ing I just use MSI afterburner?
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #391 on: March 12, 2019, 04:40:41 pm »
GPU is never really a problem to buy secondhand. Generally if they work when they are purchased, then as long as they are not kept in AWFULL conditions, then they will work 5 years down the line.

So yes, go for it.

Don't go for a 1080 if you can buy a 1070ti as there is basically no difference after the smallest of overclocks.
and for OC'ing I just use MSI afterburner?
That or EVGA Precision X1. I use the EVGA one as its abit nicer to use tbh.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
[close]

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #393 on: March 12, 2019, 05:42:05 pm »
Sounds good. I think I might purchase this https://www.ebay.com/itm/EVGA-GeForce-GTX-1070-TI-SC-Gaming-Black-Edition-8GB-GDDR5-Graphic-Card/283411321921?epid=15027050080&hash=item41fca19441%3Ag%3AriIAAOSwgPVchFTX&LH_BIN=1

I honestly think you should wait man, word around town is that GPU prices are dropping steadily. Also i do not feel like a 1060 to a 1070ti is worth the upgrade. Why not go much bigger or at least do the next gen cards because you get the future RTX features and gddr6 etc.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 12, 2019, 07:40:22 pm »
Sounds good. I think I might purchase this https://www.ebay.com/itm/EVGA-GeForce-GTX-1070-TI-SC-Gaming-Black-Edition-8GB-GDDR5-Graphic-Card/283411321921?epid=15027050080&hash=item41fca19441%3Ag%3AriIAAOSwgPVchFTX&LH_BIN=1

I honestly think you should wait man, word around town is that GPU prices are dropping steadily. Also i do not feel like a 1060 to a 1070ti is worth the upgrade. Why not go much bigger or at least do the next gen cards because you get the future RTX features and gddr6 etc.
Yeah, after consulting my spiritual leader he said I should I just go big or go home. I'll probably just save my next few paychecks and aim for a high tier XX80 card.
Spoiler
[close]

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 12, 2019, 07:46:18 pm »
I mean depends what kind of person you are. Didn't need to upgrade my GTX 980 but I did anyway kek

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #396 on: March 16, 2019, 01:06:26 am »
I managed to sell my i5 4670k and GTX 760 surprisingly easily, considering their age. 45 and 35 pounds respectively. Considering how cheap current gen stuff is I didn't think anyone would go for them. I'll sell the old DDR3 RAM off soon and I guess I'll try to sell the motherboard. Just have to figure out the best way to get rid of my old case.

Anyone got thoughts on NVMe vs Sata? For gaming I feel like it's not at all worth the extra cost from what I've seen of loading times.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 16, 2019, 01:50:36 am »
I managed to sell my i5 4670k and GTX 760 surprisingly easily, considering their age. 45 and 35 pounds respectively. Considering how cheap current gen stuff is I didn't think anyone would go for them. I'll sell the old DDR3 RAM off soon and I guess I'll try to sell the motherboard. Just have to figure out the best way to get rid of my old case.

Anyone got thoughts on NVMe vs Sata? For gaming I feel like it's not at all worth the extra cost from what I've seen of loading times.

I have both and i think NVMe feels much faster. Here are the numbers on both of mine.

Gigabyte 256gb NVMe

ADATA Ultimate 512gb Sata

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #398 on: March 16, 2019, 09:56:17 pm »
Also remember that a lot of modern game stream data from harddrives, so having a NVME SSD will help with that.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 17, 2019, 06:57:59 pm »
Amazing prices right now with the release of the gtx 1660 non ti.

Which should i buy?

Sapphire NITRO+ RX 590 8gb: $219
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202327&Description=rx%20590&cm_re=rx_590-_-14-202-327-_-Product

EVGA XC Ultra GTX 1660 6gb: $229
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487439&Description=Gtx%2b1660&cm_re=Gtx%2b1660-_-14-487-439-_-Product

Pretty sure i will go with the EVGA 1660 but idk for sure.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 07:45:12 pm by Marceaux »

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #400 on: March 18, 2019, 05:05:24 pm »
why tho
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 18, 2019, 05:32:22 pm »
why tho

Because i need a gpu fam, and i am trying to keep it around $200 max. I would just go with Vega 56 if the prices would come down some more. But we will see. It seems all prices are going to continue to drop now, so maybe ill wait. Its to hard to decide! :'(

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 18, 2019, 06:15:57 pm »
You would do better to go for a RX-590 than a GTX 1660.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #403 on: March 19, 2019, 01:19:18 pm »
Surely you could get a 2nd hand 1070 or 1070ti for cheaper? 2nd hand prices have fallen a fair bit recently, I'd say it's worth having a look.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 19, 2019, 01:25:35 pm »
Personally unless you are going for a brand new card, I wouldn't ever buy a GFX card new. Literally no reason to.