Author Topic: Seventh Election (March-April term) - Candidates and discussion  (Read 19498 times)

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Seventh Election (March-April term) - Candidates and discussion
« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2017, 08:23:02 pm »
Ummmm........can we agree that Karth's "vote" and "support" mean the square root of fuck all. Odds are that he's doing it to deliberately remove credibility for Orcaryo.

after this pot I wish I voted for Orcaryo instead :(
It's okay BabyJ. Your theoretical vote will count in all our hearts.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 08:24:36 pm by Bravescot »

Offline Orcaryo

• By far the worst in melee
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 07, 2017, 08:24:50 pm »
Orcaryo, do you really want karth of all people supporting you? Is that what you think the community wants?

I have no problems with the 63e, a lot of them are cool dude but we have all heard the fucking horror stories of 'X' nco talked to 'X' person so they were kicked out of the reg. Not to mention how he completely ignored the desire of the community for NANWL to go to Amit and made his own thread on taleworlds for it.

I can understand why people are voting for Orcaryo and things are starting to make a bit of sense (seeing as all of these folks tend to dislike me) but my question Orc and i mean this seriously, do you want the support of Karth and to an extension squirts who follows him?
I mean, I've never had a problem with either of them personally, the only time I've ever opposed Karth was when the whole NANWL thing came up, and that was indirect, I never called him out on anything and vice versa. Squirts is the same thing, except I've never had any kind of personal problems with him.

I can guess that Squirts voted for me because of him liking my duel tournies, and Karth I assumed voted for me because we are both NA GFing admins and the fact that I never publicly denounced him, unlike many people on these forums.

I don't see a reason to denounce him, its a game, and people should stop treating this like it's life. Besides, I would compare this to the KKK endorsing Trump(not calling Karth or the 63e the KKK), but just a group that a good portion of people tend to dislike voting for a candidate.

Hopefully this answered your question, feel free to ask me anything else.

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2017, 08:37:05 pm »
Just to clarify, i didnt mean to write that as an attack on orcaryo so please dont take it that way. I just wanted to know if orc was okay with Karth's support (voting is a form of support).

It is well known my position on karth so no one should really be surprised by my comment.

Also babyjesus, im genuinely curious what part of that you disagree with. I'm not trying to make Orc look like a baddie just because karth voted for him, i just wanted to know if Orc was fine with him voting for him.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 08:43:05 pm by Gluk the Walrus »

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2017, 08:41:44 pm »
Orcaryo, do you really want karth of all people supporting you? Is that what you think the community wants?

I have no problems with the 63e, a lot of them are cool dude but we have all heard the fucking horror stories of 'X' nco talked to 'X' person so they were kicked out of the reg. Not to mention how he completely ignored the desire of the community for NANWL to go to Amit and made his own thread on taleworlds for it.

I can understand why people are voting for Orcaryo and things are starting to make a bit of sense (seeing as all of these folks tend to dislike me) but my question Orc and i mean this seriously, do you want the support of Karth and to an extension squirts who follows him?
I mean, I've never had a problem with either of them personally, the only time I've ever opposed Karth was when the whole NANWL thing came up, and that was indirect, I never called him out on anything and vice versa. Squirts is the same thing, except I've never had any kind of personal problems with him.

I can guess that Squirts voted for me because of him liking my duel tournies, and Karth I assumed voted for me because we are both NA GFing admins and the fact that I never publicly denounced him, unlike many people on these forums.

I don't see a reason to denounce him, its a game, and people should stop treating this like it's life. Besides, I would compare this to the KKK endorsing Trump(not calling Karth or the 63e the KKK), but just a group that a good portion of people tend to dislike voting for a candidate.

Hopefully this answered your question, feel free to ask me anything else.
Deus Vult.

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2017, 09:00:40 pm »
I think it's a good thing that Karth and Squirts support Orcaryo- seeing as I'm not a fan of them both, and vice versa, having a mutual neutral friend like Orcaryo as community rep seems like a healthy thing.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 07, 2017, 09:25:31 pm »
I voted orcaryo cause he's down to earth, no bs, and yes while his tournaments are quite enjoyable, it's not a reason I submitted my vote. Orcaryo just does his job at being there when he's approached. Which is a good quality of someone who dedicates time to the forum community. Plus, just because certain individuals vote for a rep, doesn't mean he's just like his constituents. You just practically tried to call Orcaryo a 63e Supporter in hopes to smear the guy cause a few 63e members voted for him lol. If I voted for you then I guess no one should vote for you based on that logic.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 09:27:35 pm by GeneralSquirts »

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #126 on: March 07, 2017, 09:33:27 pm »
I voted orcaryo cause he's down to earth, no bs. Orcaryo just does his job at being there when he's approached. Which is a good quality of someone who dedicates time to the forum community.

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 07, 2017, 11:56:06 pm »
I voted orcaryo cause he's down to earth, no bs, and yes while his tournaments are quite enjoyable, it's not a reason I submitted my vote. Orcaryo just does his job at being there when he's approached. Which is a good quality of someone who dedicates time to the forum community. Plus, just because certain individuals vote for a rep, doesn't mean he's just like his constituents. You just practically tried to call Orcaryo a 63e Supporter in hopes to smear the guy cause a few 63e members voted for him lol. If I voted for you then I guess no one should vote for you based on that logic.
That's not at all what i was saying and i literally just made a post correcting my position so people don't think that that is what i'm insinuating.

Just to clarify, i didnt mean to write that as an attack on orcaryo so please dont take it that way. I just wanted to know if orc was okay with Karth's support (voting is a form of support)...

I'm not trying to make Orc look like a baddie just because karth voted for him, i just wanted to know if Orc was fine with him voting for him.

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
Re: Seventh Election (March-April term) - Candidates and discussio
« Reply #128 on: March 08, 2017, 12:01:36 am »
How else does "Orcaryo, do you really want karth of all people supporting you? Is that what you think the community wants?" come off as? The last bit literally is "hey look, he's doing something the community doesn't want and has 63e people supporting him, we dont want this guys"

I'm gonna stand up for orcaryo cause he's not that low to go to a point that literally does not effect the election at all. You are virtually bringing up one voter out of larger pool just because you have personal bias against them  Again, why I voted for Orcaryo, he's not like you and brings up personal bias here as a CR candidate, he remains neutral and most importantly is there when possible. So ties back to him being pretty down to earth and overall a good candidate in comparison.

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: Seventh Election (March-April term) - Candidates and discussio
« Reply #129 on: March 08, 2017, 01:52:41 am »
How else does "Orcaryo, do you really want karth of all people supporting you? Is that what you think the community wants?" come off as? The last bit literally is "hey look, he's doing something the community doesn't want and has 63e people supporting him, we dont want this guys"

I'm gonna stand up for orcaryo cause he's not that low to go to a point that literally does not effect the election at all. You are virtually bringing up one voter out of larger pool just because you have personal bias against them  Again, why I voted for Orcaryo, he's not like you and brings up personal bias here as a CR candidate, he remains neutral and most importantly is there when possible. So ties back to him being pretty down to earth and overall a good candidate in comparison.
If you look squirts, i said something about that as well...

Edit: removed the first part as it made the rest of the post seem antagonistic towards Orc. My apologies.
I did this before you made this post. I also made the original post literally 5 minutes after i woke up and i got pissed when i saw Karth making a post here. Yes i have personal bias against Karth, this is well known. However karth is not a typical player on NW, he is not a typical reg leader or event host. We all know Karth's position in this community is unique. You just don't see it the way I do because you're a high ranking member of the 63e and was actually intended on being Karth's mod for Karth's NANWL on taleworlds.

That single act solidified that Karth does not give a flying fuck about this community. Disagree with me if you want but that's how I see it. This is why i am deeply concerned with Karth voting here, this is why I question whether Orcaryo wants his vote. When i wrote the original post, the way in which I wrote it made it seem as though I was trying to paint Orcaryo as being supportive of Karth's actions when obviously I know that that isn't true. This is why i corrected my post, this is why i made another post clarifying that.

Squirts, do you understand why people are upset with Karth over NANWL?

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 08, 2017, 01:58:52 am »
Of course, sorry if I got worked up. Took it as a attempt to rip orcaryom As for the NANWL comments, agree with you on the fundamentals of it.

Offline SaintG

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: El Sainto
« Reply #131 on: March 08, 2017, 05:38:46 am »
hey gluk  :)
<23:23:18> "Midnight" pokes you: where did ur n***a ass go

Offline Amit_

• Captain
  • 22nd "Cheshire" Regiment
    • View Profile
    • Reddit Rescue Force
  • Nick: [22nd]Maj_Amit
« Reply #132 on: March 08, 2017, 07:34:48 am »
Perhaps we should return to the function of the community representative and not focus so much on who votes for who. Ideally, everyone will vote for the person they feel will be able to fulfill the role most appropriately. There are some in the community, such as Karth, that many people do not hold in high regard, but those people are still members and will vote accordingly.

Going back to the points I made a few days ago (which everyone seemed to pass over for my comments on NANWL), is the term community representative really the correct term to use? Is that what people really want? Or do they want a community coordinator? A coordinator being someone who organizes public events and activities for the community as well as acting as an intermediary between regiments and forum staff. Because from what I've observed since the start of the position being created is that there is a lot of emphasis on CR's to do a lot more than the title suggests and do it without consistent support. As an example, the NA1 Revival was an admirable effort by numerous people, but it wasn't sustainable.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 07:39:08 am by Amit_ »
Who the fug am I? Read up here.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #133 on: March 08, 2017, 07:59:20 am »
Think I need to have a chat with the newly elected CR.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 08, 2017, 08:24:43 am »
Think I need to have a chat with the newly elected CR.
Well, riddlez is still CR, unless you are going to wait another day or so for the NA election to wrap up.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.