Author Topic: 15th Election (April-June term) - Candidates and discussion  (Read 9689 times)

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
15th Election (April-June term) - Candidates and discussion
« on: March 21, 2019, 07:21:09 pm »
Shadow can at any time change this.  I will give this till 12 am central US on the 26th before i lock in who can run and put up the thread for people to vote in.

if i see a troll app, i wont add it.   You must answer all of the questions in the app.  Consider this your warning.   I'll try and update the op daily, other mods can update it as well. check the stickied threads if you  need help.

EU:

Blaze
Name: Blaze
EU or NA?: EU
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes
Why should you become CR?: Well, there are a number of reasons on why I want to become a Community Representative.

My first point, which is also my biggest point is to ensure that the members of the forum are getting what they want and that their suggestions and concerns are being acknowledged and are being dealt with, I feel like this is something which really does need some attention, because on multiple occasions I have had various conversations with members from the community regarding great suggestions that they had and how they were not being heard, I want to be the voice for the people I want their messages to be heard by the staff team of this forum.

How would I achieve this? I would become that “Middle-Man” between members of the community and the higher up staff members who make decisions here on the FSE Forums, I would ensure that everything gets passed onto them whether the idea is out of this world! Or a very good idea, I would not be biased to anyone / any side of the community, I would voice both the competitive side and the general side of the community to ensure that everyone gets heard.

My second reason is that I wish to try and gain a new influx of people by trying to create new fun, unique things (new sub-boards and such) that will intrigue old and possibly new members of the community to get engaged with.
Another thing I’d like to achieve is to reduce the amount of toxicity on the forum, in general the community is great but individuals/groups of people are creating scenes and drama which shouldn't tear the community apart which is something I think should be looked into and regarded, which is something I promise to do.

How would I achieve this? I would look into implementing new sub-boards and things of a sort in order to catch more people's attention, one main idea I had was a Give-Away sub-board, now to some this could sound lame however I personally have never seen it done a forums before this board would allow members of the community would be able to do giveaways however to avoid people making multiple accounts and such, certain restrictions would be put into place, for example, you must reach a certain rank or number of hours in order to see the forum. (Of-course this is just an idea.)
I would also assist the current moderation team in enforcing the forums rules, to try and cut down on toxicity and such.

My third reason for me wanting to become a Community Representative is that I have been playing the game for 5 years, I have been on FSE lurking for around 3 years (I had an account beforehand but lost the details) in my time of being here, I have met some wonderful people who have made my experience of this game amazing, some other people who haven't had the best experiences with me, but I say let bygones be bygones I wish to become more engaged with this community and I wish to be a person where people can come to me, to get their opinions expressed and have a very high chance of a definite answer back because I feel that the members of the forum should be heard and that both sides of the forum staff and members should be more engaged into one another.

How would I achieve this? Well, the main way I would achieve this, I would encourage members of the community that want to have their opinions voices or even just want to have a general chat that my forum pms, my steam, and discord are always open for anyone to pop me a message, I love communicating with the community and engaging with them as much as possible making not only their experience but my experience better and creating that better more positive atmosphere.

My fourth and last point, for me wanting to become CR is to again as said above tackle problems on the forums, such as the dying and or dead sub-boards, that either need reviving or revamping in order to gain the community's attention again.

How would I achieve this? The first thing I would do to achieve this is I would do extensive research into the current sub-boards of the forum and see the levels of activity in a certain period of months, after that I would place my suggestions forward to the staff team whether the board wasn’t worth keeping, or whether it was, if the case is that it was worth to keep it I would try and brainstorm ideas as well as take ideas from the community in order to revamp it.
[close]

Chicken
Name: Chicken

EU or NA?: EU

Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes

Why should you become CR?:
I really just had a heartbeat I have to give it a shot. I obviously have a slightly idea of what I'm up to, the backing to apply for CR and confidence on myself.

I've been into the commmunity since 2013 and the golden days of the 33rd siege, and although I didnt engage into the forums until a year after I know well about those times and learnt a great deal. Ever since I have been into various sections of the community taking different roles and now I hope, as CR, I can bring these together and expand the renoun of this position; to introduce people into the forum ecosystem by seeing a known face taking these responsabilities and becoming anyone's ear to listen to their issues and spokesman to solve them. As an old community member, as an usual NCO in 1st league regiments, as Spain's historical NWWC team captain and second only to Tenford (rip), tournament organiser and overseer, and a K-KA pleb my election will bring awareness about this role and potentially motivate others to apply for future candidacies.
In regards to transparency and forum influence one of my priorities would be to have a more sensible approach to enforce punishments on rulebreaking. Often times spam and offensive language are dealt in great diaparity, regardless of their context. Too many times I've seen friends immediately muted for either quoting/doubleposting or using "racial slurs" within inoffensive jokes and in the other hand come across the wost of the offenses and ugliest of insults to be barely *snipped*. I will watch over user reports and threads and contextualise each case, reccomending an even non-biased course of action. My goal on this is to have more people enjoying their time in the forums and put an end to spoiled children insulting one another over a videogame.

Secondly, I'll be encouraging the new tournament organisers to take a new approach on their respective competitions. I have organised tournaments myself and seen the old ones, those competitions were grand events full of expectation and each with a unique personality. At some point during the rise of the new generation of french players (FrenchTouch) new players started arranging their own competitions in a faster pace, overruning the system. At this day tournaments are completely streamlined, regular events where its about the usual few people playing each other again and again. I know about a couple very old sagas about to make a comeback this year, making a display of the old system. As a community representative I will be in contact with all these organisers, old and new, and advise them on how to make their events unique: Have a new generation of referees able to assist and resolve situations, have forum art makers and bb coders involved in aswell as map makers and, ultimately, establish a calendar with all ongoing competitions of atleast the three months ahead. This last measurement would be a place for all competitions to be displayed and community members to planify for upcoming events and forsee a lack or repetition of certain modalities. Events should never overlap one another, and a global awareness will definitively be positive. This would also establish a direct communication between organisers and community representatives where there was none before. Dates could be requested to be changed and improvements on competitions, encouraged. What I hope to see is an increase of people jumping into these competitions with a much clearer list of priorities, incentivating old and new teams and players alike.
I have no plans for the casual event scene, although I would seek contact with linebattle organisers to know their concerns. I am open for anyone to reach out to me. I've spent years in the casual scene collecting experience and I'm in a position, as an experienced player and CR, to suggest, manage, assist and resolve any issues, concerns, ideas, quarrels and other technical issues. I honestly would like to see more competitive players having casual fun and inexperienced players, eager to learn more about the game or improve, try their luck in a few competitive events. We'll see if I can make ends meet.

To close this up, I'm making a call of confidence on my skills to earn your vote and on how will I handle this role. As a longstanding player, I have a wide perspective on how to tackle new issues and a vast list of contacts I can rely on to help the community out for good. As an adult, I'm a good listener and have the needed temperament. As an event organiser, I know the ins-and-outs of administration, thread-making and subforums. As a spanish player in the international scene, I know what it is to be underrepresented, about the national scenes unique nature and their potential to contribute to the global pool. As part of a minority group I can tell well racist and homophobic attitudes and put them down right in the spot, but specially I'm someone users can rely on to understand them and help out, be it forum-wise or personal, directly or anonimally, being in reach in FSE , steam and teamspeak, from my pc or my phone.

Please raise your hands if you have any questions. I hope this is readable and makes sense.
Thank you for your time :)
[close]

NA:

Forgotfulking
Name: Lady Moraine
EU or NA?: NA
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes.
Why should you become CR?: The state of competitive and the state of casual have started to deteriorate with the last CR election.

First let's start with the start with the state of competitive, while the 4v4 league is going well and has competitive players in it it has almost entirely killed regimental 1v1s and gfs similar to how WPC did. While I understand why the NA community has two stacked regiments with little to no competition, 42nd and LG. Despite their being the 93rd and the 65th the LG is still to stacked to allow for anymore competitive play in NW. If I was to be elected not only would I help moderate and organize more regimental competitive play. but perhaps start another season of NWGL.

Secondly the state of casual, this is something CR reps have ignored time and time again. I've represented both competitive and casual community and we see that for both my Thursday and Sunday events that have both casual and competitive regiments in attendance. I would keep with this trend of trying to get competitive regiments more into casual and casual into competitive vice versa. Events wise Mondays, Tuesdays,Thursdays,Fridays Saturdays and Sundays are all going strong and still hosting. Wednesday though has been a dead day before even the last CR election. I believe we should work to revive Wednesdays so that we can full 7 days a week for NW events. Meanwhile 2ndHan host the most popular event at the moment the Saturday event which has over 300 players every week a very impressive attendance.

In conclusion, I believe I would make a good CR rep by supporting both the competitive and casual community on the forums and off. I believe if I was elected we could revive both regimental events and raise casual events attendance and standard of administration of said events.
[close]

Windflower
Name: Windflower

I felt good about my last term, a real sense of some accomplishment within the scene and I only want to do more and more and more for the benefit of the community. I feel like I have more to do especially since the 4v4 league has occupied much of my recent time. I think the community was overall satisfied with my recent term which is good and I plan to inject the community with as much life as I can. I also feel like I have the most experience with this position and I have only found ways to better the role and make use of it. Though the casual side of the community may have been a bit neglected by me for this recent term hopefully I can put my efforts towards that more strongly this next term as I won't be so preoccupied with running the 4v4 league.

My competency as an administrator and moderator alone lead me to believe I am the best candidate for this role. Also a critique for myself might be that I'm not as active as I should be due to school and working closing shifts. School is pretty coming to a close and I know that I'm going to be online a lot more to deal with the player base and whatever may be going on. The community has been a lot more involved with these recent CR terms which is really good for the role itself and has brought the role to something more community based rather than the sole-CR based.

While the casual community may have been neglected a little they seem to putting along without too much distress. It's also important to remember that the competitive community makes up probably like 90-95% of FSE (which is where the CR's strengths lie.). Without the competitive community there basically is no community which would render the CR role a whole lot more useless. It is kind of important to elect a fitting person into the role of CR because it can actually impact the community more than you think. Other than that, I'm planning to keep doing what I'm doing.
[close]
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 03:13:12 pm by Noorwegian »
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: 15th Election (April-June term) - Candidates and discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 07:52:23 pm »
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes.
Why should you become CR?: The state of competitive and the state of casual have started to deteriorate with the last CR election.

First let's start with the start with the state of competitive, while the 4v4 league is going well and has competitive players in it it has almost entirely killed regimental 1v1s and gfs similar to how WPC did. While I understand why the NA community has two stacked regiments with little to no competition, 42nd and LG. Despite their being the 93rd and the 65th the LG is still to stacked to allow for anymore competitive play in NW. If I was to be elected not only would I help moderate and organize more regimental competitive play. but perhaps start another season of NWGL.

Secondly the state of casual, this is something CR reps have ignored time and time again. I've represented both competitive and casual community and we see that for both my Thursday and Sunday events that have both casual and competitive regiments in attendance. I would keep with this trend of trying to get competitive regiments more into casual and casual into competitive vice versa. Events wise Mondays, Tuesdays,Thursdays,Fridays Saturdays and Sundays are all going strong and still hosting. Wednesday though has been a dead day before even the last CR election. I believe we should work to revive Wednesdays so that we can full 7 days a week for NW events. Meanwhile 2ndHan host the most popular event at the moment the Saturday event which has over 300 players every week a very impressive attendance.

In conclusion, I believe I would make a good CR rep by supporting both the competitive and casual community on the forums and off. I believe if I was elected we could revive both regimental events and raise casual events attendance and standard of administration of said events.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 08:00:11 pm by Forgotfulking »

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 08:26:19 pm »

-rep wasn’t even active enough to be a captain in the 4v4 league
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 09:36:26 pm »
wind +rep

but perhaps start another season of NWGL.

not necessary
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 09:38:33 pm by Risk_ »

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 09:57:54 pm »
Name: Windflower

I felt good about my last term, a real sense of some accomplishment within the scene and I only want to do more and more and more for the benefit of the community. I feel like I have more to do especially since the 4v4 league has occupied much of my recent time. I think the community was overall satisfied with my recent term which is good and I plan to inject the community with as much life as I can. I also feel like I have the most experience with this position and I have only found ways to better the role and make use of it. Though the casual side of the community may have been a bit neglected by me for this recent term hopefully I can put my efforts towards that more strongly this next term as I won't be so preoccupied with running the 4v4 league.

My competency as an administrator and moderator alone lead me to believe I am the best candidate for this role. Also a critique for myself might be that I'm not as active as I should be due to school and working closing shifts. School is pretty coming to a close and I know that I'm going to be online a lot more to deal with the player base and whatever may be going on. The community has been a lot more involved with these recent CR terms which is really good for the role itself and has brought the role to something more community based rather than the sole-CR based.

While the casual community may have been neglected a little they seem to putting along without too much distress. It's also important to remember that the competitive community makes up probably like 90-95% of FSE (which is where the CR's strengths lie.). Without the competitive community there basically is no community which would render the CR role a whole lot more useless. It is kind of important to elect a fitting person into the role of CR because it can actually impact the community more than you think. Other than that, I'm planning to keep doing what I'm doing.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 10:09:50 pm by Windflower »

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2019, 10:05:47 pm »

I hope this doesn't greatly offend you but I feel like your incompetencies as an organizer were showed during the duration of the NWGL which was terribly messy and quite inactive. Though you do have a strong footing in the casual community I don't believe that the role of CR is even necessary for that strong of a focus. I mean what more can you do with the casual community which you're not already doing and which you need the role of CR for? I feel like also since your most recent personal issues while unfortunate have left you out of the light of the comp scene (as well as the heavily organizing focused team captain role in NWDL) it has also shed a bad light on you and made people distrust your character even more.

not necessary
Not necessary for a reason  ;)

ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Norwegian13

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2019, 10:30:30 pm »

Sounds like you both are concerned with the state of the casual community; and feel they are not getting as much attention as the competitive community. Windflower points out that the competitive community makes up about 90-95 % of the FSE forums. Could it be an idea to encourage the casual community to get a more visible presence on the forums? That should help their case, as we'd get a wider array of different opinions, ensure that the casual community has a clear voice and presence, as well as breathe more life into the FSE forums. It's always good to see more active members on here.

Good luck to all candidates!

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2019, 10:51:36 pm »

I hope this doesn't greatly offend you but I feel like your incompetencies as an organizer were showed during the duration of the NWGL which was terribly messy and quite inactive. Though you do have a strong footing in the casual community I don't believe that the role of CR is even necessary for that strong of a focus. I mean what more can you do with the casual community which you're not already doing and which you need the role of CR for? I feel like also since your most recent personal issues while unfortunate have left you out of the light of the comp scene (as well as the heavily organizing focused team captain role in NWDL) it has also shed a bad light on you and made people distrust your character even more.

not necessary
Not necessary for a reason  ;)
In that regard what do you need CR for? In regard to my character you're talking to the person who helped rid the community of a trolly mismanaged gf server. I'm also the one to do any type of 1v1 league or regimental competition for competitive since WPC started to its end. It's result had the LG and 42nd and a bunch of other regiments starting doing 1v1s and gfs again.  Taking shots at NWGL for its poorly managed surface was to be expected but then again I was running it all alone with little to go off of. I at least did something while you were still afk and no where to be seen. I actually made a choice to choose action instead of waiting for someone else to create something. I'm not going to slander you at all so if you want to keep shooting shots go ahead.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 11:00:16 pm by Forgotfulking »

Offline Ginga Josh

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2019, 10:57:36 pm »
TBH the casual events need more attention. with Wednesday being dead and Tuesday and Thursday being close to being dead we need all the help we can get.

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2019, 10:59:35 pm »
TBH the casual events need more attention. with Wednesday being dead and Tuesday and Thursday being close to being dead we need all the help we can get.
That's clearly the focus of my application. Most CR reps have been more competitive  focused and paid no attention to casual.

Offline Ginga Josh

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2019, 11:06:06 pm »
Another big thing that I need help with is getting event admins to stop taking bribes from certain regiments for Perm spec. slots. It is unfair for this corrupt practice to continue as It prevents other regiments for having a fair chance to have a spec.

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2019, 11:07:41 pm »
Another big thing that I need help with is getting event admins to stop taking bribes from certain regiments for Perm spec. slots. It is unfair for this corrupt practice to continue as It prevents other regiments for having a fair chance to have a spec.
I agree, this practice needs to stopped and the regiments who are doing it need to be stopped.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2019, 11:10:44 pm »
Could it be an idea to encourage the casual community to get a more visible presence on the forums? That should help their case, as we'd get a wider array of different opinions, ensure that the casual community has a clear voice and presence, as well as breathe more life into the FSE forums. It's always good to see more active members on here.
This is something I've contemplated in the past but have had trouble coming to the conclusion of this myself and this would be an issue that would be nice to get input from the community. Casual players don't really have any reason to post here or put time into making a commitment to post on FSE. Other than Events and maybe the odd regimental thread it would be hard to get casuals onto FSE and being engaged in such a demographic that is 90-95% competitive players.

This is a prevalent issue within the casual community, thank you for bringing your concerns to the forum here so that they may be addressed, it is not too common from that side of the community so it's appreciated.

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2019, 11:14:53 pm »
Could it be an idea to encourage the casual community to get a more visible presence on the forums? That should help their case, as we'd get a wider array of different opinions, ensure that the casual community has a clear voice and presence, as well as breathe more life into the FSE forums. It's always good to see more active members on here.
This is something I've contemplated in the past but have had trouble coming to the conclusion of this myself and this would be an issue that would be nice to get input from the community. Casual players don't really have any reason to post here or put time into making a commitment to post on FSE. Other than Events and maybe the odd regimental thread it would be hard to get casuals onto FSE and being engaged in such a demographic that is 90-95% competitive players.

This is a prevalent issue within the casual community, thank you for bringing your concerns to the forum here so that they may be addressed, it is not too common from that side of the community so it's appreciated.
Windflower is out of touch with the casual community. He does not attend events or administrate them. I do all of them, the fact that you say this a prevalent issue in the community is not true at all for this has only just recently started to become a problem within the community.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 11:17:52 pm by Forgotfulking »