Author Topic: How to Improve Recruiting for Your Regiment  (Read 150942 times)

AeroNinja

Re: How to Improve Recruiting for Your Regiment
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2014, 06:13:09 pm »
What?
he just posts his sig in every comment dunno why tho

Offline Althalus

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Althalus
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2014, 10:47:27 pm »
"More to come in the future"

- August 2013

Offline Isolation

• Corporal
  • Major General of the Army of Cumberland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: AC_MajGen_George
  • Side: Union
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2014, 10:30:48 pm »
Nice Guide

Offline bdd458

• Second Lieutenant
  • I write words on the internet.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_KF_Mks_Gen_Illuminati
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2015, 10:12:01 pm »
The 8th has been promising Free Healthcare and Cookies, plus hookers and blow on Thursday nights.

hasn't failed us yet  8)
The 8th is not dead! Proud Colonel of the WWI and Blood and Iron/Verdun regiment 84th Infantrie d'regiment [both are recruiting. Add calicoyoda on Steam if you want to join either]

Offline Miller

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2015, 02:19:33 pm »
It would be better if instead of so many small inexperienced and disorganized units poping up under brand new commanders, these same commanders formed platoons or companies within large and successful regiments so that the new leaders had mentors and role models to live up to and learn from. This would also help maintain certain standards of professionalism that this community desperately needs, as well as diminish the frequency of small 8 man lines snake-ing around the map like skirmishers or some damn thing. All the same, I advise all prospective officers to have served at a ranker level for at least a year or two in a respectable unit before considering forming a new unit of their own.

Offline Michael Fish

• Major
  • Ubique
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stRHA_Col_Fish
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2015, 01:23:38 pm »
It would be better if instead of so many small inexperienced and disorganized units poping up under brand new commanders, these same commanders formed platoons or companies within large and successful regiments so that the new leaders had mentors and role models to live up to and learn from. This would also help maintain certain standards of professionalism that this community desperately needs, as well as diminish the frequency of small 8 man lines snake-ing around the map like skirmishers or some damn thing. All the same, I advise all prospective officers to have served at a ranker level for at least a year or two in a respectable unit before considering forming a new unit of their own.
While i totally agree with you on this (the BC it's self is currently offering this) as an event hoster i have to say that those little 8 man lines are lifesavers sometimes, without them balance is often really awkward!

Offline Josh Faraday

• Colonel
  • Desires Stroh 80.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Arminius
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2015, 01:33:40 am »
Well Good Luck with trying this .
Arminius/Dennis Bergkamp/Tristan Bouvier/J.P. ...

All my life I’ve been fearful of defeat. But now that it has come it’s not near as terrible as I’d expected. The sun still shines, water still tastes good…glory is all well and good but life is enough, nay?

Offline Louisss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2015, 09:24:31 pm »
never recruit its bad for your health adiós  ;)

Offline |Heinrich|

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • ex - 92nd Colonel 2015-2017 Versions
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2015, 03:21:41 pm »
Cancer no more NWL regs then ;[

Offline Cpt.Griffin

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2015, 01:36:40 am »
One method I oft use to gain new recruits is rather than recruit them on the spot and directly; invite them to trial with your regiment as an unsigned mercenary. This way they can see what your regiment has to offer before officially joining, and it also gives you a chance to see if they're right for your regiment, and visa-versa.

I've used this and often I've found that someone I was intending to recruit was not appropriately suited to my regiment, so I declined them from joining because of their behaviour / attitude towards the game.

One good egg is worth three rotten ones, I always say.

Offline Warder

• First Lieutenant
  • 17e_SoD_EdmondDantes
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2015, 04:14:10 pm »
Hello. As I consider myself as a experienced guy, and was an officer in few regiments, also col, I think I might give you few decent advices.
1. Choose the fuckin best name. THIS IS YOUR BUSINESS CARD. First thing, potential cadet see is your name.  Do not seek for never used one, or even worse don't even try to seek for some "interesting, unknown regiment". Name should be glorious!
92nd name is great because of Waterloo movie. That scene made this name better than 42nd. Despite fact that 42nd and 3rdFG were a bit better regiments, imao.

It's easier to recruit when you're 2nd Coldstream than 2nd Zulu infantry.  That should be so obvious, but it's not. That's why some too much creative people all the time seek for some regiments I never heard about them. Cuz then my reaction is like : https://youtu.be/tbrETiALUIQ?t=48s

2. Merits. Good NCO is recruiting NCO. If you're Colonel, you should asap introduce merits system. 100 merits = lvl up. One invited guy= 20 points. Don't worry about amount of Cpls. You'll still have much more rankers.

3. Videos. Recruiting on the servers. Etc... It might help. But if your regiment will be fuckin 0, and your only goal would to be command, train formations and get rekt, so you should asap disband it, and do not waste time of some people anymore. Aim high! Discipline is vital, and winning is sense of this game.
Create great teamspeak 3 community, and great team in game. Regiment where everyone would like to be. Then, recruits will come to you.

4. If your regiment is shit... Disband it, do not ask some guys to join it cuz you'll waste their time. Pro tip.   
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 04:17:33 pm by Warder »

Offline Matmannen

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Matmannen
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2015, 01:03:43 pm »
Maing recruitment videos in a creative way? You mean like dis?

[YOUTUBE]8TlOeRg3T50[/YOUTUBE]

Offline Stark99

• Major
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/groups/allagainst63econspiracy#
  • Nick: [3DM] Stark [79th]
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2016, 12:05:46 am »
Furrnox you need to update this
Stark. For being a supporter of the IRA I will not permit you to take part in any forum games I GM.
DOWN WITH DUURING

Offline LiquidSkorpion

• Donator
  • Closet Canadian
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4thKGA for life
« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2016, 03:50:05 am »
never recruit its bad for your health adiós  ;)

Offline Wolfe Grant

• Volunteer
  • Co-Founder of Nr31, CC & Track Runner
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wolfe
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2016, 06:00:23 am »
This is a very impressive guide, I give appreciatat ion to the author and the one who brough it over here -Wolfe Grant.