Author Topic: How to Improve Recruiting for Your Regiment  (Read 151816 times)

Offline Ody

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • MoskovGren Ody on steam
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MoskovGren_Kpt_~Odysseus~
  • Side: Neutral
Re: How to Improve Recruiting for Your Regiment
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2014, 07:19:47 pm »
It's the truth.
Were you the leader of the 15th Vistula?
Yes, I was. We had about 20-25 active members. I have a couple screenshots of it as well. The name was unique. There was nobody in NW who ever had a name like that. However, the 88y is clearly thought of because of how close it was to 77y. There is a difference.

40th is 2 numbers away from the 42nd, why would anyone want to join black watch wannabes.
#Rekt

Offline Jorvasker

• Donator
  • 33rd_Fus_Jorvasker
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jorvasker
  • Side: Union
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2014, 07:20:56 pm »
Recruiting on servers would be a lot easier if every server didnt have a rule against recruiting
Your regiment's names is the 88y. I don't think people would want to join you in the first place.
get rekt m8

Regiment History:
Filthy Casual Publorde from May 2011 - Mid July 2012 / Early Services from July - November 2012, including 33rd, 63e, 1stCI / 1stFKI - November 2012 - April 2013 / Break from April 2013 - July 2013, with a short return to 63e from June until July / 1stEPI - July 2013 - January 2016 (Retired from game)

Offline Locust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2014, 07:27:46 pm »
British names are different considering there are alot less "good" names left. I took the 40th name because of their history at Waterloo along with the name itself. "40th" roles off the tongue nicely if I do say so myself. However, there are considerably less Russian regiment out there. So if someone takes the name "88y" it clearly tells me that they did not attempt to make themselves unique because of how close it is to "77y". Literally there are dozens of other Russian names out there to take.

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2014, 07:43:30 pm »
Ah, British names are different, I would disagree, as you are simply basing your judgement on the name of the regiment and literally nothing else, you have no idea what the history of the 88y is, or why the leader chose that name. you ASSUME that he wanted to be like the 77y, just as easily as I may assume that you are trying to be like the 42nd. You don't know the person, and you don't know their regiment, so lay off. And even if you did, there is no reason to be a huge cock for no reason. Internet elitism isn't very cute.
Pointy stick champion

Offline Ody

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2014, 08:28:17 pm »
British names are different considering there are alot less "good" names left. I took the 40th name because of their history at Waterloo along with the name itself. "40th" roles off the tongue nicely if I do say so myself. However, there are considerably less Russian regiment out there. So if someone takes the name "88y" it clearly tells me that they did not attempt to make themselves unique because of how close it is to "77y". Literally there are dozens of other Russian names out there to take.
Also Locust, I disagree, you may not know very well how the Imperial Russian Military worked back in the day, but almost all Infantry, Calvary and Artillery regiments were not numbered. So him picking a number in the counting system does not hint in any way he is affiliated with copying the 77y. He could have picked 44y, it does't make it anymore right, the regiments were separated by their provisions and battalions.

Offline Locust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2014, 08:38:11 pm »
Yeah, that's a perfectly valid point Ody. But I still believe this guy is a 77y fan boy for taking a name so similar to 77y. Anyway, its clear this is going to become a bitch fight and I don't feel like getting warned by the Moderators-again. So lets agree to disagree.

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2014, 08:40:17 pm »
I'm not arguing your point. I don't give a shit about that, I care about how you are making it.
Pointy stick champion

Offline Munch

• Second Lieutenant
  • Retired Officer
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2014, 05:23:04 pm »
God damn, your having a shit talking spree on a forum post about how to improve recruiting. Here's a plan, quit saying every other insult or mindset you have whether or not it's because you think a guys with the regiment named 88y or 42nd are people trying to be fan boys. If you just let it be what it is at face value which is a regiment with a name and a plan maybe that will help your recruitment automatically. HOLY SHIT, it's amazing isn't it? Just knowing if you stopped putting in your 2 cents everywhere makes a difference. Now lets stop this senseless argument or point validation about who's being a fan boy and who's just being a dick. Respect everyone and their decisions on their regiment, it's not yours anyways so stop caring so much.

Offline PurplePanda

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Old Gen boy, led a few bad regiments.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Purpie
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2014, 06:35:39 am »
God damn, your having a shit talking spree on a forum post about how to improve recruiting. Here's a plan, quit saying every other insult or mindset you have whether or not it's because you think a guys with the regiment named 88y or 42nd are people trying to be fan boys. If you just let it be what it is at face value which is a regiment with a name and a plan maybe that will help your recruitment automatically. HOLY SHIT, it's amazing isn't it? Just knowing if you stopped putting in your 2 cents everywhere makes a difference. Now lets stop this senseless argument or point validation about who's being a fan boy and who's just being a dick. Respect everyone and their decisions on their regiment, it's not yours anyways so stop caring so much.
cool.

Offline Saga

• Major General
  • Patiently waiting for BCOF since 2012.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2014, 04:57:54 pm »
Recruiting on servers would be a lot easier if every server didnt have a rule against recruiting
At the end of the day... go get your own server!

Offline Dukers38

• Corporal
  • I enjoy dank memes
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [45e]Cpl_Dukers
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2014, 06:42:10 am »
Thanks for this is really helps!!!

Offline PurplePanda

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Old Gen boy, led a few bad regiments.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Purpie
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2014, 09:57:22 am »

This is really helps.

I think I am done, going to take a bleach bath.

Offline Ody

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2014, 07:27:34 pm »

This is really helps.

I think I am done, going to take a bleach bath.
You going to go bleaching by yourself or with the 30th?

Offline GloryCharge

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [26e]Col-Snow
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2014, 11:29:45 am »
Nice Post I think this will help a lot of people I know it gave me some new ideas. :)
26e "Destruction for Unity"

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2014, 10:41:21 pm »
What?