Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars 1.103 Frigates  (Read 2181 times)

Offline MacJoker

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Napoleonic Wars 1.103 Frigates
« on: July 24, 2013, 06:25:14 pm »
Hi there.

I really hope one of you FS guys will read this and of course think about it.

Since you guys announced that you will implement Frigates into the game, I just started to freak out.
It was the only real thing that made me wait for the patch for that time. In any other case I'd been really frustrated, like I saw on many other guys and regiments that waited for it.

But now, that I finally got the chance to check out the Firgate, I got shocked. I literally got shocked. I saw a fucking Frigate, with a fucking 22 cannon gun-deck that got equipped with 4(!) ~24-pounder cannons. I really like the game's historicall accuracy but this is just a bad joke. A sith-rate ship-of-the-line, was never equipped with 24 pounders. They had normally 6 to 8 pounders but never higher than 9! 24-pounders were the armament of higher rating Frigates like 1st to 3rd rate ships-of-the-line.
Besides this I also hoped to the some carronades on the ship, but there aren't any. Why? Those guns are the secondary armament of ships of that time.

I now ask you to change that thing, what I only can relate as a bad joke or you explain me, why you did this and why a Frigate would only have 4 cannons and not the ammount of cannons it can handle.

The announcement of that patch really made me hope of NW getting more awesome then any other game, but since I saw that, I really kinda lost hope.

Best regards,
Sgt.MacJoker, 75th Stirlingshire Regiment of Foot

Offline Althalus

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Althalus
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars 1.103 Frigates
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 06:38:10 pm »
The answer to why they did this is quite simple:

They don't want to work on NW any more. Their focus has switched to BCoF, so they took shortcuts when making this.
Understandable, really.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 06:24:57 am »
People wanted ships, now they got ships. Don't even bother to look at historically accurately. Not everything is possible.

Offline regwilliam

• Donator
  • add regwilliam to join 1stNJ
    • View Profile
  • Nick: William
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 07:20:55 am »
hmm though it was a video game where it was ment for fun if we want to get into detal about how can the ships move with just a rudder or no wind a rigging contral its a game dude trying to make every thing real would people crazy

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 07:28:58 am »
There's something pretty vital that you seem to be misapprehending...

Spoiler
****ING BOATS! (AND BAVARIANS AND BRITISH HUSSARS!)
[close]

:P
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline dooomninja

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1brig_95th_Maj_dooomninja
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 10:20:17 am »
Frigates can hold 30+ guns if you add them in map making... also the size of the cannons is scalable
ಠ_ರೃ Quite!
2 most satisfying shots- a rider off a moving horse and officers who think they are safe :b

Offline Pinball Wizard

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 05:52:28 pm »
Its just a game, build yourself a time machine if you want perfect accuracy.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 06:43:37 pm »
12 pounder cannons and carronades do not fit into the cannonports, thats why we had to scale them. Only 4 cannons, because everything else would be OP and lagg out the server. Also, aiming the cannon is almost impossible on most spots. Thanks!