Author Topic: Subforum dividing regiments by nation.  (Read 2437 times)

Offline Joseph Graham

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Subforum dividing regiments by nation.
« on: June 12, 2013, 01:18:27 am »
I'm not really sure if this is the right place to put this, however it struck me as a sensible and legitimate idea; the creation of subforums within the regiment section categorising regiments based on the nation they represent, with a layout that generally goes like so;

UK
France
Prussia
Austria
Russia
Other (Sweden, Italy, Spain, etc)

It's just a suggestion, but it'd make tracking down and finding the ideal regiment more practical, as well as making it easier to manage the boards.

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
Re: Subforum dividing regiments by nation.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 01:28:04 am »
Might be good for making people create regiments of less popular factions like Russia or Austria, because they don't have to bump as often to be high in the forum pages. Depends on how much they care about forum ranking.
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline Emperor Napoleon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1erMar/IrishNap
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 10:25:20 pm »
The Regiment list is for that, and if one was looking for a regiment of preference, they simple must go to the Regiment List and scroll through the sections.

Offline Windbusche

• Donator
  • American Vocabulary Trooper
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Windbusche
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 02:28:20 am »
The Regiment list is for that, and if one was looking for a regiment of preference, they simple must go to the Regiment List and scroll through the sections.
This.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 07:39:46 am »

Regiment list isn't really updated with the most active regiments.

I'm sorry but I doubt a new recruit is going to want to join a five man regiment with no known members. First regiment I picked I made sure it was big so that way I could get into the community.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Emperor Napoleon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 02:03:17 pm »

Regiment list isn't really updated with the most active regiments.

I'm sorry but I doubt a new recruit is going to want to join a five man regiment with no known members. First regiment I picked I made sure it was big so that way I could get into the community.
Have you noticed that non-active regiments always have an open thread? If you divide the forum into sections, there will still be in-active regiment threads there. No need for sub boards

Offline Chosen1

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Chosen1
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013, 07:45:23 pm »
I think it would be better to divide the forum into EU and NA regiments, instead.
9-11 Coaster.

Find out what it's like to spin, glide, skim and fly like a giant airplane when you experience "United Airlines Flight 175"® – the only flying roller coaster of its kind in the world. Riders are taunted by a head-first, face-down inverted crash into the twin towers… and that's just the beginning. Experience the full force and power of riding down the twin towers, all on one of the deadliest tracks in the world.

Offline Emperor Napoleon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2013, 08:16:17 pm »
I suppose thats ok, but yet again, thats what the regiment list is for.