Author Topic: Suggestions for NW  (Read 1704 times)

Offline sapped

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Suggestions for NW
« on: May 15, 2013, 05:00:39 am »
Hey there FSE,

I never had the chance to thank u guys properly for Napoleonic Wars, this is the MOST
fun multiplayer experience I've ever had, for any game! And it's all thanks to u guys'
dedication and hard work.

Truth be told, I had been a fan of MM since 1st public release, been hooked to its
addicting line battle and organized regimental play ever since, but it was shameful
that we never got enough players down here in Australia. With the release of NW, all
of those had changed, not only had we gotten a wealth of new players to M&B, the
population of Oceanic servers peaked more than ever. We now have large scale line
battles every weekend, and it's all thanks to u guys!

To be honest, I have always wanted to give you guys some suggestions regarding the game,
but was held back by constant studies and examinations. But with holidays arrived, I
can finally do so!

The main suggestion I want to give out is regarding the Commander Mode. You guys have
really innovated with this one, not only are players able to use their tactical thinking
and cooperation skills to win the battles, pings and personal skills aren't the only
thing affecting victory now, strategy also plays an important part! It also successfully
portrays the large scale battles during the era, which couldn't be shown better any other
way.

However it feels as if u guys aren't going far enough with it, what I meant is that
commander mode is only restricted to the battles mode atm, which itself is perfectly
fine, but it wouldn't hurt to have more varieties.

At the moment commander mode only appeals to the slower kind of gameplay, where each
round can take a long time especially when both teams are infantry focused, shooting
muskets at each other indefinitely on hills until someone make a move, which can get
stale. Late joiners usually need to wait for a very long time sometime up to an hour
before playing, this can drive off some people from playing and enjoying the mode.

It wouldn't hurt to have more varieties to commander mode, such as the Commander Conquest
gamemode. It is more strategic due to its objective based nature, squads needs to be
active and move out to capture points instead of just sitting and firing from hills.
Which tests teamwork and cooperations more, with things like gathering to assault heavily
fortified positions, reinforcing friendlies at points or defending locations together.
It also features respawn which appeals to the faster type of gameplay, and respawned
squads act as reinforcements to keep the action flowing.

Other game modes would work perfectly fine too, such as Squad CTF which also tests team
cooperation (only humans can capture flag), Squad TDM and Squad DM for mindless fast
paced action and fun, and Squad Duel for commanders to test out their squad against
others. I strongly feels that all Native modes should have a Commander mode counterpart,
in order to have the max amount of flexibility and fun for the community.

It would be great if u guys can implement bot support to Commander Mode as well, to make
this mode more streamlined and complete. With the number of bots in each team being the
number of commanders, and the number of bots per squad option controlling the squad size.
I mean, the AI is certainly there, when human commander leaves a game, his bot squad will
all charge ahead at the enemy.

This would be a godsend for people who enjoy bot battles such as myself. Who like to
occasionly set up large and fun bot match, or join one of the many bot battle servers.
Since commander mode allows for more organized bot squads, more organized pathfindings
and such which is always more preferable than normal MP bots.

Anyways, thank u guys so much for this awesome multiplayer experience, I never had so much
fun in such a long time. Hope u guys can consider what I've said and tell me what u think,
I would be really happy to discuss with u guys further to improve the experience of the NW
community.

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Suggestions for NW
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 06:48:34 am »
I agree with alot of this,,your Aussie :) , what regiment u in??  but i do think most of these will be addressed in BCoF not in NW sadly...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 06:53:34 am by zac »

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 06:48:43 am »
-oops-

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 12:37:41 pm »
Well since BCoF will have no AI and therefore no commander battles, I don't think it will.

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
  • Side: Union
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 04:33:42 pm »
BCoF no AI, why!?!?

Steam Profile Signature
[close]