Author Topic: [RGL9] General Discussions  (Read 51316 times)

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: [RGL8] General Discussions
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2021, 11:42:36 pm »
btw I'm seeing a little confusion from people, you don't need to update your rosters until the day of your first match so that gives you plenty of time.

But if you knew RGL was coming you should have done this anyway you dummies.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2021, 12:06:58 am »
yeah idiots!
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline HuntehPetros

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 25y Hunteh/55th Hunteh
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2021, 12:54:35 am »
I'd like to make a case for the 55th potentially being dropped down to League 2.

Had this been 2 months ago I'd have slapped myself in the face for saying this but right now I believe our roster just isn't competitive enough to take on the titans that make up League 1. The split with the 55th/65th thing really, really hurt us badly. Our last real match against a league 1 reg that I can remember was against the 13e. 15-0. for them. Hell we struggled against the 5e (Though that was in part due to our less than optimal roster and a bit of nonseriousness, but still). Now, I admit I don't know exactly how to fix this issue. And it does seem a bit unfair to take a similar regiment from League 2 like the 45e and the 33rd and throw them into League 1 in our stead so that we can have a good and fun tournament. But at this moment, it seems we're just going to compete to stay off the bottom of the league and I don't know if anyone can really enjoy that.

I'm heavily of the opinion that whatever happens, whether we're placed into league 1 or 2, we will still play and keep our dignity rather than drop out like pussies because we can't handle adversity. But I'm also heavily hoping for a league change so that we might actually be competitive rather than be an easy stopgap match for most of the league.

apologies for having to lay this on you, and thank you for the consideration.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2021, 04:26:10 am »
I'd like to make a case for the 55th potentially being dropped down to League 2.

Had this been 2 months ago I'd have slapped myself in the face for saying this but right now I believe our roster just isn't competitive enough to take on the titans that make up League 1. The split with the 55th/65th thing really, really hurt us badly. Our last real match against a league 1 reg that I can remember was against the 13e. 15-0. for them. Hell we struggled against the 5e (Though that was in part due to our less than optimal roster and a bit of nonseriousness, but still). Now, I admit I don't know exactly how to fix this issue. And it does seem a bit unfair to take a similar regiment from League 2 like the 45e and the 33rd and throw them into League 1 in our stead so that we can have a good and fun tournament. But at this moment, it seems we're just going to compete to stay off the bottom of the league and I don't know if anyone can really enjoy that.

I'm heavily of the opinion that whatever happens, whether we're placed into league 1 or 2, we will still play and keep our dignity rather than drop out like pussies because we can't handle adversity. But I'm also heavily hoping for a league change so that we might actually be competitive rather than be an easy stopgap match for most of the league.

apologies for having to lay this on you, and thank you for the consideration.
+1

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2021, 09:58:01 am »
Also hasn't 33rd won league 2 like for the last 3 years, if they're the same strength would kind of make sense to promote them up

Offline Alf

• Major
  • 15th carry
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2021, 10:39:26 am »
I was thinking of suggesting the same thing but didn’t want to seem disrespectful, like we have the 55th in our first week honestly it’s in our interests they stay in league 1 for us to warm up on but their roster was totally gutted to a degree that they have maybe a few more good players than most league 2 regs but nowhere near the depth to beat any of the league 1 regs playing a first XV
Nothing seemed out of place except the washing machine in the bar when the pink horses galloped across the sea.

Let your intentions be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you range, fall like a thunderbolt - Zeyden cringelord

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2021, 12:03:30 pm »
I was thinking of suggesting the same thing but didn’t want to seem disrespectful, like we have the 55th in our first week honestly it’s in our interests they stay in league 1 for us to warm up on but their roster was totally gutted to a degree that they have maybe a few more good players than most league 2 regs but nowhere near the depth to beat any of the league 1 regs playing a first XV
Did you seriously just use XV instead of 15 xDDDD

Sorry irrelevant post

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2021, 12:06:13 pm »
I actually do agree.

I had a discussion with Coco and like I said to him until a leadership member of the 55th requests it I can't just move them around. Obviously 55th's skill after the split was kinda unknown to me but they earned that 1st league spot so it should be up to them if they want to fight to keep it. Hope we can all agree with that! But I spoke to Rayleigh on steam already.

I will speak to 1 or 2 of the 2nd league regs and see about a switch between them and 55th. Obviously they will need to agree to do it but I am sure one of them will want to give it a crack.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2021, 12:28:31 pm »

Sorry irrelevant post

Hey don't be so mean, he works on canary wharf earning half a mil a year, he is automatically allowed !

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2021, 12:33:03 pm »

Sorry irrelevant post

Hey don't be so mean, he works on canary wharf earning half a mil a year, he is automatically allowed !
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Alf

• Major
  • 15th carry
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2021, 01:16:52 pm »
I’m on my phone its faster than switching to numbers… also I don’t work in Canary Wharf I’m not a peasant
Nothing seemed out of place except the washing machine in the bar when the pink horses galloped across the sea.

Let your intentions be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you range, fall like a thunderbolt - Zeyden cringelord

Giorno

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2021, 01:23:11 pm »
If 55th was dropped to league 2 (without switching a reg), it'd leave 6 teams in league 1 and 8 in league 2.
So there wouldn't be 2 regs across league 1 and 2 who have a week of no match.
I don't know if that's something desirable but looks like it'd work.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2021, 01:34:49 pm »
I’m on my phone its faster than switching to numbers… also I don’t work in Canary Wharf I’m not a peasant

Offline Alf

• Major
  • 15th carry
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2021, 01:38:57 pm »
Bloody hell did another guy on here reject you or something? Got tired of harassing Blitz? Your craving for attention is pretty pathetic I’ll be honest, but yes well done, I was walking and typing and I had to put my phone away at the end of the message, you’re so smart Fietta maybe eventually someone will care about you when you’re not busy sucking off people in the 45th

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2021, 01:40:46 pm »
Bloody hell did another guy on here reject you or something? Got tired of harassing Blitz? Your craving for attention is pretty pathetic I’ll be honest, but yes well done, I was walking and typing and I had to put my phone away at the end of the message, you’re so smart Fietta maybe eventually someone will care about you when you’re not busy sucking off people in the 45th

I hope you're enjoying those poosy cocks in your mouth

« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 01:42:47 pm by Fietta »