Author Topic: Shelby's Iron Army[CSA&USA][NA]{Join us we welcome all!}  (Read 2170 times)

Offline WolfTheGamerKing

• Corporal
  • HUZZAH BOYS SIA IS BACK IN TOWN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [SIA]HQ_BG.Wolf
  • Side: Neutral
Shelby's Iron Army[CSA&USA][NA]{Join us we welcome all!}
« on: September 11, 2021, 08:25:36 pm »
Our History
Hello everyone, for those may or may not know me my name is WolfTheGamerKing. For those that do know me I went by the name [SIA]5thBUF_Col_Wolf during the days in NaS. I spent a few years away from regiments and only came back to lead full regiment in a CO position last year in WoR however the game was hitting its last years to my personal opinion and I thought "Know what I missed the days with the SIA, all the fun and inter regimental training and events with one event with a massive major line lead by Von!" well here we are today is the day. Original this Army was created in NaS by Von and Copot who sadly had a falling out when Copot took over for Von. When this Army started off was a small Virginian Regiment, then slowly grew in size when Ceanos, Colonel of the 17th Alabama joined them and few other regiments to form a small brigade under the name Shelby's Iron Brigade. Then more and more regiments joined up soon form an entire brigade and do to my personal guess they decided to change it into an army forming two Confederate Brigades, however one later became a Union Brigade for the SIA. Then Union regiments started to flood in for the SIA and at this time Von was using his old server for the Virginian regiment he started and upgraded it for the SIA to use in NaS. Despite being NA focused Army we still had some Regiments have companies for EU games however that was of their Independent choice and the regimental leader's decision. I might've not gotten the history right but I know the general gist of it by Ceanos the man I respect as a regimental leader and a brigade commander as he did so much for the SIA and NaS community as whole and hoping to do the something similar to BCOF! Original SIA when it was called SIB:

Command Staff:
Brigadier General WolfTheGamerKing(Wolf)
Chief of Staff None
Staff Major None
Staff Captain None

Confederate Brigade:Von Darabos{Total Numbers:15}Lead by: N/A
Regiments:

11th North Carolina Infantry Regiment(4)Lead by:11thNC_Sgt.Buckets
11th Infantry Regiment was organized at Camp Mangum, near Raleigh, North Carolina, in March, 1862. The nucleus of this unit was made up of men who saw prior service in the 1st (Bethel) North Carolina Regiment. Its members were from the counties of Mecklenburg, Burke, Bertie, Chowan, Orange, Lincoln, and Buncombe. Assigned to the Department of North Carolina, it fought at White Hall, then moved to Virginia. Here the unit was placed in General Pettigrew's, Kirkland's, and MacRae's Brigade, Army of Northern Virginia. It fought on many battlefields from Gettysburg to Cold Harbor, endured the hardships of the Petersburg trenches, and saw action around Appomattox. It lost over half of the 617 at Gettysburg, reported 15 casualties at Bristoe, and surrendered 8 officers and 74 men. The field officers were Colonels Collett Leventhorpe and William J. Martin, Lieutenant Colonels Francis W. Bird and William A. Owens, and Major Egbert A. Ross.

17th Alabama(11)Lead by: 17thAL_Cpt."Beau" Bowdoin
17th Infantry Regiment was organized at Montgomery, Alabama, in August, 1861, with men from Coosa, Lowndes, Montgomery, Pike, Randolph, Monroe, Butler, and Russell counties. With 900 men the unit moved to Pensacola, then in March, 1862, it was sent to West Tennessee and assigned to J.K. Jackson's Brigade. After fighting at Shiloh and Farmington, the 17th was ordered to Mobile. Here it served under the Generals Slaughter and Cantey, and various companies were trained as heavy artillerists. Early in 1864 it joined the Army of Tennessee, still serving under General Cantey, and was active in the Atlanta Campaign, Hood's expedition into Tennessee, and the Battle of Bentonville. The regiment reported 125 casualties at Shiloh and 130 at Peach Tree Creek. It lost two-thirds of its force at Franklin and a number were captured at Nashville. Very few surrendered in April, 1865. The field officers were Colonels J.P. Jones, Virgil S. Murphey, and Thomas H. Watts; Lieutenant Colonels Robert C. Fariss, Edward P. Holcombe, and John Ryan; and Majors Thomas J. Burnett and S.A. Moreno.

More will be added to Von Darabos Brigade

Union Brigade:Devil{Total Numbers:N/A}Lead by: N/A
Regiments:

75th New York Infantry Regiment(N/A)Lead by:N/A
This regiment, Col. John A. Dodge, was organized at Auburn, received its numerical designation November 14, 1861; and was mustered in the service of the United States (nine companies), at Auburn, for three years, November 26, 1861. The men were recruited principally in the counties of Cayuga and Seneca. Company K joined the regiment June 24, 1862, having left the State June 13, 1862. In April, 1864, a new Company K was again organized to take the place of the one consolidated with the other companies April 10, 1864. The men entitled to be discharged at the expiration of the term of service were, November 19, 1864, ordered to Auburn, and there honorably discharged December 7, 1864; the regiment was continued in service, but consolidated, November 19, 1864, into a battalion of five companies, A, B, C, D and E; the men of Company H being transferred to Company A; those of I to Company B; of K to Company C; of G to Company D; and those of F to Company E. In April, 1865, the 31st Independent Company of Infantry joined the battalion as its Company F.

116th New York Infantry Regiment(N/A)Lead by:N/A
July 14, 1862, Col. Edward P. Chapin received authority to recruit this regiment in Erie county; it was organized at Buffalo and there mustered in the service of the United States for three years from August 20 to September 5, 1862. The men not to be mustered out with the regiment were transferred, June 3, 1865, to the 90th Infantry.
The companies were recruited principally: A at Angola, Brant, Evans, Hamburgh and Buffalo; B at Newstead, Aurora, Lancaster, Clarence, Elma and Alden; C at Buffalo, Am-herst, Alden and Sardinia; D at Buffalo, Aurora, Golden, Eden and West Seneca; E at Buffalo and Amherst; F at Concord, Collins, Boston, Sardinia and Ashford; G at Buffalo; H at Aurora, Buffalo, Clarence, Hamburgh, Eden, Amherst and West Seneca; I at Buffalo, Holland, Elma, Lancaster, Marilla, Sardinia and Wales; and K at Hamburgh, Brant, Eden, Evans and Marilla.

More will be added to Devil's Brigade

JOIN US! EVERYONE IS WELCOMED!
Add me on discord: WolfTheGamerKing#7079
Don't forget to join our discord: https://discord.gg/aqWtTWk883
Enjoy some music as well:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 09:38:22 pm by WolfTheGamerKing »

Offline WolfTheGamerKing

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: Shelby's Iron Army[CSA&USA][NA]{Join us we welcome all!}
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 08:44:41 pm »
Dont feel shy people, and do not worry about the WIP regiments I will fill them in when I can next saturday!

Skaen

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 08:45:24 pm »
Good luck. :)

Offline Grimmy

• First Lieutenant
  • 42ndPVI "Bucktails"
    • View Profile
  • Nick: UB_42ndPA_1stLt_Grimmy
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 08:48:01 pm »
good luck

Offline WolfTheGamerKing

• Corporal
    • View Profile

Offline Hess

• Captain
  • 83rdPA, 4eme, 8e, 2ndNYSM
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hess
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2021, 09:09:19 pm »
Holy shit, this is coming back?!?!

Nice to see some old NaS veterans come back.

Cheers from the 83rdPA aka the 2ndNYSM.

Offline WolfTheGamerKing

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2021, 11:46:24 pm »
Holy shit, this is coming back?!?!

Nice to see some old NaS veterans come back.

Cheers from the 83rdPA aka the 2ndNYSM.
YEP!
Here is a song quote!

"Back in black, I hit the sack"

Offline WolfTheGamerKing

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2021, 03:11:28 am »
I have made some changes! Note that SIA is still growing and there will be many more to come so stay tune and check the forums!

Offline Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 20th Maine Commander
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2021, 06:11:17 pm »
GL, but honoring Von?

Offline Ben H. Phillips

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2021, 06:24:26 pm »
Good Luck

Offline WolfTheGamerKing

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2021, 06:35:13 pm »
GL, but honoring Von?
Von is a great commander of SIA of course ima make a brigade to honor him :P

Good Luck

YOU TOO!

Offline KillerShark

• First Lieutenant
  • THE KillerShark
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2021, 09:06:50 pm »
Good luck from the 39thNY!
Former: 29th CSjt, 12th Cpl, Nr37 Kpl, 21eme SoD, 18th LtCol, 1stMN/64th SgtMaj, 23rdPA SgtMaj, 45e CplFo, 78th ESO, 29th Capt, 57th Kgm, LG Fus, 71st Cpl, 34e SoD, 2ndQF LCpl, LG Uffz, Nr4 Gmnr, 98e SoD, 75e Fus, 18e FusV, 47th Grd, and 21st Pte.

Self Proclaimed best movement key player NA

Offline Sup

• First Sergeant
  • Capitan of the South Carolina Zouave Volunteers
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [1ere]FusV_Sup | [SCZV]Cpt_Sup
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2021, 09:08:07 pm »
Good luck!

Offline WolfTheGamerKing

• Corporal