Author Topic: EU Hall of Fame  (Read 35833 times)

Offline AlekoTheGreek

• Donator
  • Alex, born in the year of the false spring
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16th AlekoTheGreek
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Hall of Fame - Posted!!
« Reply #450 on: February 22, 2022, 10:55:23 am »
Amazing work! So much history in one post.
BTW. Shouldn't Bever get a mention at top competitive hosts?

Offline Saitama

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • older than Glennofnw
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady_Boy
« Reply #451 on: February 22, 2022, 11:02:46 am »
Thank you for mentioning us in the oldest regiments category, but there is a little mistake: The III. KBR has been founded on January 25th 2012 for Mount and Musket by Loren and Carban, so it is 10 years old:)
Oh and: If you only take living regiments into account, you sadly have to take the 18tes out, they stopped playing NW about 5-6 months ago:(

If you would also like to change our Banner, this would be awesome:

However, the Hall of Fame is a great piece of work!
If we consider dead regs or the ones who moved to Bannerlord as well, then 2ndHess would be fairly old as well! Found in Dec 2012. There were some huge ass shenanigans before that as well, including the 15thyr ppl like Falk, but I'm too newgen to really have witnessed any of that. The standalone 2ndHess would have been 9+ years in 2022.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #452 on: February 22, 2022, 11:17:42 am »
Feel like we were done a little dirty but we are on here so I guess we should take the W anyway?

No mention of the most memed NW video, disgraceful!
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline CrumpetAwesome

• Major General
  • Ex-Col, proudly lead the 4e
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #453 on: February 22, 2022, 11:22:55 am »
Sheesh alot of memories here

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 22, 2022, 11:24:56 am »
should probably be a mention somewhere for you picking the 18e name for me xD

Can you believe that was 2013? 9 years Crumpit

Offline Aztir

• Donator
  • Age of Napoleon Team lead
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 22, 2022, 11:25:11 am »

HES ALIVE!!!!!!

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #456 on: February 22, 2022, 11:46:10 am »
Amazing work! So much history in one post.
BTW. Shouldn't Bever get a mention at top competitive hosts?
Both DasBrot and Bever made the NWL but DasBrot ended up hosting it longer and with only 10 slots in each category you can't have two inventors of the same league really.

Thank you for mentioning us in the oldest regiments category, but there is a little mistake: The III. KBR has been founded on January 25th 2012 for Mount and Musket by Loren and Carban, so it is 10 years old:)
Oh and: If you only take living regiments into account, you sadly have to take the 18tes out, they stopped playing NW about 5-6 months ago:(

If you would also like to change our Banner, this would be awesome:

However, the Hall of Fame is a great piece of work!
If we consider dead regs or the ones who moved to Bannerlord as well, then 2ndHess would be fairly old as well! Found in Dec 2012. There were some huge ass shenanigans before that as well, including the 15thyr ppl like Falk, but I'm too newgen to really have witnessed any of that. The standalone 2ndHess would have been 9+ years in 2022.
I'd need to know specifics of when they formed/disbanded as it's their entire active playtime combined that matters not just if they have existed 9 years.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #457 on: February 22, 2022, 11:53:41 am »
Cool read, nicely done

Offline Zebaad

• First Lieutenant
  • alea iacta est
    • View Profile
    • Bastion Maps
  • Nick: 47th_Cpt_Zebaad_Peritz
« Reply #458 on: February 22, 2022, 11:56:11 am »
Nicely done Herishey!!
Appreciate the mentions too after all these years <3

Offline CrumpetAwesome

• Major General
  • Ex-Col, proudly lead the 4e
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 22, 2022, 12:12:17 pm »

Where is my bonus?
It was a damn long time ago. I've been doing arma 3 instead for 4 of those years now.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 22, 2022, 12:20:38 pm »

Where is my bonus?
It was a damn long time ago. I've been doing arma 3 instead for 4 of those years now.
We did ARMA for a while but Bula who did our missions etc. Felt the need to put 25GB of British hats and Berets so we had to put a stop to his rampage

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 22, 2022, 02:06:58 pm »
Good read -not that I read all of it- funny to see both myself and my brother on it. Surprised anyone even remembers my first attempt at a Colloseum, hehe.

Maybe nice to add that I was actually the scene editor behind the very first custom maps on the 33rd NW siege server, which ended up becoming the most popular server after the 84e hegemony came to an end after a good long run.

Actually looked for some of the maps I did and found some on youtube (be it later than I created them). You might recognize some:
Some of my first siege scenes on youtube

[close]

I still have some screenshots even, for those that dig the memories:
33rd NW siege maps created in 2013
[close]

I am not going to pretend they were the cleanest scenes from a pure scene creator perspective, but I did try to create scenes that were 100% original :D
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 22, 2022, 02:09:17 pm »
Yeah I'll add that in, thanks.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 22, 2022, 02:23:31 pm »
But for real, how many hours went into this?  ??? Actually amazed at the detail and accuracy of atleast the 'old days' (2011 - 2014)
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 22, 2022, 02:27:21 pm »
Hard to say to be honest as I did most the 'research' in 1-3 hour periods months ago and then wrote up all the descriptions also months ago. It just took a while for me to get motivated to finish the thread and find someone to give it a good design (thanks again to NightWing). Probably in total on my side it was around 15-20 hours but hard to say. Then whatever NightWing took to make the thread design and whatever Knightmare took to make the headers.