Author Topic: 8th Virginia Volunteer Regiment [Est. 2015]  (Read 2648 times)

Offline Grimmy

• First Lieutenant
  • 42ndPVI "Bucktails"
    • View Profile
  • Nick: UB_42ndPA_1stLt_Grimmy
  • Side: Union
Re: 8th Virginia Volunteer Regiment [Est. 2015]
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2021, 12:34:58 pm »
the DA strikes again

2nd Division which included the 8th Virginia, the 5th Georgia and a few others seperated from the Dixieland Army,
happened about 2-3 years ago from now due to some unfortunate disputes regarding command, rules and regiments.
I don't think a reunion would come any time soon. It was pretty much permanent.

Offline Phil The Thril

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Nice Guy. Tries Hard. Loves The Game.

Offline MrMan04

• Private
  • Former Commander of the 8thVA and 2nd Division, DA
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2021, 04:38:58 am »
the DA strikes again

2nd Division which included the 8th Virginia, the 5th Georgia and a few others seperated from the Dixieland Army,
happened about 2-3 years ago from now due to some unfortunate disputes regarding command, rules and regiments.
I don't think a reunion would come any time soon. It was pretty much permanent.

I have no bad blood with any of the guys I played with in the DA. I worked with them for years. The 2ndDiv was simply a way to cut the red tape we always had a distaste for. I would have no problem working with any of those folks again, in a system similar, but revamped. I especially would have no issue working with Irish. We worked together well for years until the end, and would have no issue with working with or under him again.

Offline Colonel Francis

• Second Lieutenant
  • 5th Georgia Best Georgia
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
  • Nick: Francis
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2021, 07:49:36 am »
MrMan of course is right. Myself, or the people with the Confederate States Army never had any personal issues with the Dixieland Army. In fact, I am very grateful for the Dixieland Army. Just a difference in opinion. That's just it. Museal, Hawk, and Jannik did a great job with the Dixieland Army over the course of several years.

Offline Grimmy

• First Lieutenant
  • 42ndPVI "Bucktails"
    • View Profile
  • Nick: UB_42ndPA_1stLt_Grimmy
  • Side: Union
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2021, 11:33:44 am »
I have no bad blood with any of the guys I played with in the DA. I worked with them for years. The 2ndDiv was simply a way to cut the red tape we always had a distaste for. I would have no problem working with any of those folks again, in a system similar, but revamped. I especially would have no issue working with Irish. We worked together well for years until the end, and would have no issue with working with or under him again.
MrMan of course is right. Myself, or the people with the Confederate States Army never had any personal issues with the Dixieland Army. In fact, I am very grateful for the Dixieland Army. Just a difference in opinion. That's just it. Museal, Hawk, and Jannik did a great job with the Dixieland Army over the course of several years.

Thank you for shedding some light on the matter, I was under the impression that there was some bad blood between 2nd Division and some of the EIB regiments.
It was a very complicated debacle all things considered, but I'm happy you don't hold any grudges against the Dixieland Army or it's leaders.
If anything I'm still happy I got to be part of both the DA and the CSA while they were still a thing.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 11:40:52 am by GrimTheAngel »