Author Topic: USMC (NW - 1stRM) [NA]  (Read 641 times)

Offline RagingMozart

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: NW: 1stFG || BCoF: 83rdPA
  • Side: Union
USMC (NW - 1stRM) [NA]
« on: December 22, 2020, 04:45:57 am »

*Actively Recruiting New Members*

History of the United States Marine Corps During the Civil War:
Formed on November 10th, 1775, the Marine Corps has been a driving force for the United States Military, spending most of it's early service on blockade guard duty, shore guard duty, maintaining the United States Navy's port security, and landings and security in foreign and domestic territory where the United States had interest. During the civil war, the United States Marine Corps did much of the same, with one of it's most memorable moments being the assault and capture of New Orleans from the Confederate States of America. During the First Battle of Bull Run, there was a Marine detachment of 348 men that helped protect a battery of Union Artillery. The Marines were credited with brave action throughout the battle but ultimately were forced to retreat, along with the rest of the Union Army. Marines were instrumental in the success of the Anaconda Plan, which was a plan to split the Confederate States of America in half in order to starve them of supplies. During this time, Marines were mainly used to man guns and provide fire support aboard ironclads and other ships while assaulting Confederate positions in harbors and on rivers. During the battle of Drewry's Bluff, Corporal John F. Mackie was aboard a U.S. Navy ship, when guns were knocked out of action and multiple casualties were sustained. During the heavy gunfire from the shores, Cpl. Mackie reinstated the gun into an active state, and aided wounded men, all while returning fire to the Confederate forces. For this, he was the first Marine to be awarded the Medal of Honor. Towards the end of the war, the Marines and U.S. Navy were instrumental in the attack on the last active port for the Confederacy, located near Fort Fisher. Although this was just a diversion for the Union Army, it was still a valiant action of the Marines, with constant waves of men being thrown at the Confederacy, which was instrumental in it's capture. The Confederacy then surrendered at the Appomatox Court House three months later.

We are looking for veteran members of the Mount & Blade: Napoleonic Wars scene and the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord scene to join our ranks in the fight against the Confederate States of America. We are also open to new joins who are just discovering this game, that are looking for a fun and active group to partake in large line battles with. We strive to be a serious regiment on the battlefield, but a fun, close-knit community outside of that as well. We are open to recruits from any region and any age. There is no trolling that will be allowed, and no discrimination or ostracization of other players in the group. If there are any questions on who to join or anything about the group in general, feel free to message me on steam and I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. We look forward to seeing everyone on the field of battle. Semper Fidelis!

About the Leader:
Hello there, I'm RagingMozart.  I currently lead an NW regiment (1st Battalion, Royal Marines), and have been playing Mount and Blade for about 5 years now.  I'm currently a Midshipman at the US Naval Academy and enjoy modern history, mathematics, and strategy games.  My community philosophy is that regiment members should only attend events if they feel like it, so if you're looking for a regiment that doesn't require mandatory attendance or isn't super competitive, feel free to contact me!  My steam username link is in the description below.

My Steam Profile:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Keverclin/

Header credits to sirbeef: https://steamcommunity.com/id/sirbeef/  He was kind enough to let me literally copy and paste his awesome header.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 09:52:51 am by Keverclin159 »

Offline RagingMozart

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: NW: 1stFG || BCoF: 83rdPA
Re: USMC (NW - 1stRM)
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 04:46:59 am »
Reserving the name since it seems like all other USMC regs are dead for NaS.  Copied over from the BCoF forum.  Create the thread just for the next NaS event.  Contact me if interested in joining.

Offline Kubus

• Major
  • I'm probably most annoying kid on this forum
    • View Profile
    • GO CRAZY
  • Nick: 45thN_Kgm_JanMoody55FanBoy
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 09:15:34 am »
Indeed! Best of Luck guys!
Ban kubitch of nw warband because is childish moron unhappy antisocial person, have at 2023 meeting with lawyer about him.  kubus mental disease

Offline Grimmy

• First Lieutenant
  • 42ndPVI "Bucktails"
    • View Profile
  • Nick: UB_42ndPA_1stLt_Grimmy
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2020, 12:52:03 pm »
good luck

Offline Patriots90

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile