Author Topic: Sword and musket  (Read 7862 times)

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doctor Noob/2LBI_CSgt_Noob
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Sword and musket
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2020, 05:40:47 pm »
Every year, we loose more and more players we have few new players coming in compared to people leaving. Its clear we need to move to something new but at the same time I don't want to move to something garbage and I would rather die on NW before we do that because It can spilit regiments apart if they don't Iike the game or do.

Offline General Shepherd

• Retired General #AbimYok
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Former-82nd Regiment Leader S&M Creative Producer
    • View Profile
    • 82nd Regiment
  • Nick: General Shepherd
  • Side: Union
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2020, 07:50:03 pm »
For gods sake, gentlemen, please don't. If you had seen our previous name preferences, you would have made a bad comment on this project.

At first, its name was "1789: Revolution", after just "Revolution",  then we changed it. We exchanged a few ideas and brainstormed, and it turned out Sword & Musket. I don't understand why the acronym is S&M so badly. :)

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2020, 07:55:29 pm »
For gods sake, gentlemen, please don't. If you had seen our previous name preferences, you would have made a bad comment on this project.

At first, its name was "1789: Revolution", after just "Revolution",  then we changed it. We exchanged a few ideas and brainstormed, and it turned out Sword & Musket. I don't understand why the acronym is S&M so badly. :)
Spoiler
sadomasochism
[ sey-doh-mas-uh-kiz-uhm,]

SEE SYNONYMS FOR sadomasochism
noun
interaction, especially sexual activity, in which one person enjoys inflicting physical or mental suffering on another person, who derives pleasure from experiencing pain.
gratification, especially sexual, gained through inflicting or receiving pain; sadism and masochism combined. Abbreviation: S&M, S and M
[close]

its a pretty world renown acronym thats why lol

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline General Shepherd

• Retired General #AbimYok
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Former-82nd Regiment Leader S&M Creative Producer
    • View Profile
    • 82nd Regiment
  • Nick: General Shepherd
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2020, 08:04:58 pm »

Spoiler
sadomasochism

noun
interaction, especially sexual activity, in which one person enjoys inflicting physical or mental suffering on another person, who derives pleasure from experiencing pain.
gratification, especially sexual, gained through inflicting or receiving pain; sadism and masochism combined. Abbreviation: S&M, S and M
[close]

Oh damn it. I did not know that. I understand Kincaid quite well now.

But don't worry. We do not hurt you about this :D

By the way, to be honest. Most of the NW players are in pain. It was natural to think about such things, as we saw very friendly betrayal in this environment. Don't worry, but you can say whatever you want. Generally, although the official name of the mod is Sword & Musket, I think there will be Bannerlord-NW pronunciations in general.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2020, 08:14:37 pm »

Spoiler
sadomasochism

noun
[close]

Oh damn it. I did not know that. I understand Kincaid quite well now.

But don't worry. We do not hurt you about this :D

By the way, to be honest. Most of the NW players are in pain. It was natural to think about such things, as we saw very friendly betrayal in this environment. Don't worry, but you can say whatever you want. Generally, although the official name of the mod is Sword & Musket, I think there will be Bannerlord-NW pronunciations in general.
what does this mean

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Cameron.

• Second Lieutenant
  • And still I rise
    • View Profile
    • No need to cringe you w my experience
  • Nick: Loyalty, Honour, Integrity
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2020, 08:18:40 pm »
New name: Imperial Eagle

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Clikenforce

• Captain
  • Roux et supporter de Lens noraj.
    • View Profile
    • 23e Forum
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2020, 04:32:14 pm »
a moderated Citroen Saxo is still a Citroen Saxo.
Bannerlord is pretty awful and development hasn't changed anything major for months which is unbelievably slow for an "Early access" game

Well I don't really agree, I've got a bit less than 100hrs of MP on bannerlord at this point and it's defintely getting there. I fail to see where the game is awful, because hitboxes are clearer than ever, there are close to no pokes, and feints are easier to dodge/block as well as more natural than on native. Also, multiplayer skirms are getting more and more interesting as the competitive community is starting to develop.
I would agree on a few 2h nerfs but other than that, objectively, it's defo improving. You may not like it, that's up to you but I wouldn't call the game awful.

I also personally don't believe nw players should ask for a 'retextured nw'. NW is a DLC for Warband, S&M will be a MOD for a game that's come out 10 years after. Trying to duplicate the exact same mecanics would be a huge step back, and one that isn't even sure of being compatible with the new game's mecanics.

Offline SwissGronkh

• Brigadier General
  • Man with 10 Skillpoints on luck.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Trp_Swissy
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2020, 04:41:26 pm »
Bannerlord is pretty awful and development hasn't changed anything major for months which is unbelievably slow for an "Early access" game

Well I don't really agree, I've got a bit less than 100hrs of MP on bannerlord at this point and it's defintely getting there. I fail to see where the game is awful, because hitboxes are clearer than ever, there are close to no pokes, and feints are easier to dodge/block as well as more natural than on native. Also, multiplayer skirms are getting more and more interesting as the competitive community is starting to develop.
I would agree on a few 2h nerfs but other than that, objectively, it's defo improving. You may not like it, that's up to you but I wouldn't call the game awful.

I also personally don't believe nw players should ask for a 'retextured nw'. NW is a DLC for Warband, S&M will be a MOD for a game that's come out 10 years after. Trying to duplicate the exact same mecanics would be a huge step back, and one that isn't even sure of being compatible with the new game's mecanics.
well i think we should expect the same development like in Warband. We want to have a modification like Mount & Musket first. And i‘m pretty sure Taleworlds will make a DLC out of Fanwork again.
But for this it has to change alot in the current game of bannerlord. They need to add the battlemode, this would atleast get people to play it regularly. I mean you havea look at the players count, they are not that mich higher than warband which is 10 years old, this should make it clear what the community thinks about the current state.

1x3 years 2Lhr,  1xVerdienstkreuz 2. Klasse, 1xKleine Gefechtsspange, 1xSilver Star,  5xBronze Star

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2020, 04:44:41 pm »
Guys I'm starting to think we might be stuck with NW forever

Offline Cameron.

• Second Lieutenant
  • And still I rise
    • View Profile
    • No need to cringe you w my experience
  • Nick: Loyalty, Honour, Integrity
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2020, 05:58:19 pm »

with 100 hours im surprised you havent already burnt out, the game is so repetetive and boring to play with basically the same thing happening every game mainly due to forcing people to play classes and little customisation and therefore nothing new really happening compared to a mod such as mercs where everyone is free to do whatever and every round is different or even a game like mordhau which can be unpredictable and actually requires some concentration to be good as bannerlord is literally made for new players who dont know what to do

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
  • new and interesting ways to play
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_HGrd /// Nr4_OLt
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2020, 06:05:18 pm »

with 100 hours im surprised you havent already burnt out, the game is so repetetive and boring to play with basically the same thing happening every game mainly due to forcing people to play classes and little customisation and therefore nothing new really happening compared to a mod such as mercs where everyone is free to do whatever and every round is different or even a game like mordhau which can be unpredictable and actually requires some concentration to be good as bannerlord is literally made for new players who dont know what to do

aren't we doing the same in NW?

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2020, 07:54:07 pm »

aren't we doing the same in NW?
We are but NW has some strange charm too it.

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2020, 07:55:22 pm »
Can we rename it to Bonaparte's Dawn Sword & Musket so we can play BDSM with friends
I'm shocked this was missed during early development ::) in all honesty though they should have said the name of their mod aloud before going with it haha - not too late to change it!!

What is your suggestion?
Powder and shot sounds better than sword and musket

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2020, 11:02:15 am »

there are close to no pokes, and feints are easier to dodge/block

just my 2 cents but I personally like having pokes, glances, manipulatable hitboxes and all in NW- Makes the melee much more unpredictable and more complex than any other melee system I've ever played. I don't want to have a guaranteed hit that does damage every time because fuck that I want some unpredictability, something new and interesting. I don't want a melee system I can master in a short timeframe as a new player- I want to work for it, by practicing feinting until I'm good at it. By learning how to manipulate hitboxes to force pokes. By learning how to best use the unpredictability. I fail to see how taking out some of the features which made NW melee far more interesting (If enraging at times) is beneficial to the game.

The unreliability and unpredictability allows for great replayability
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline HuntehPetros

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 25y Hunteh/55th Hunteh
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2020, 11:04:40 am »

there are close to no pokes, and feints are easier to dodge/block

just my 2 cents but I personally like having pokes, glances, manipulatable hitboxes and all in NW- Makes the melee much more unpredictable and more complex than any other melee system I've ever played. I don't want to have a guaranteed hit that does damage every time because fuck that I want some unpredictability, something new and interesting. I don't want a melee system I can master in a short timeframe as a new player- I want to work for it, by practicing feinting until I'm good at it. By learning how to manipulate hitboxes to force pokes. By learning how to best use the unpredictability. I fail to see how taking out some of the features which made NW melee far more interesting (If enraging at times) is beneficial to the game.

The unreliability and unpredictability allows for great replayability
ahh I fucked up the quoting on that but yeah point stands