Author Topic: A few suggestions for further patches.  (Read 2545 times)

Offline MASTERKILL666A

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
A few suggestions for further patches.
« on: April 05, 2013, 04:29:08 pm »
Hi, I have a few suggestions for further patches and I hope, they help to improve the game.
Improvement of collateral damage (I love playing Artillery, but there are a few things, which can (and should) be improved):
- If you sink a ship and men die (cause was your shot) you should get the kills. -> Now it ruins the stats of players who drunk... (-1)
- Buildings should collapse, if they get a few critical hits. And kill players who are inside  8) Also roofs should be destructible (if they get a hit of a mortar).
- Flying pices of buildings should be able to kill players nearby... (Player killed by brick  ;D )
If you add battleships (you really should add them):
- they should be completely destructible (maybe a mast collapse and the ship can not more longer).
- a new kind of ammo should be added in this case (this kind, specially for cannons on ships).

Inactive

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
Re: A few suggestions for further patches.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 04:39:05 pm »
There's going to be limited naval warfare, but they already stated that they can't do most of the things that you're suggesting. I don't think building collateral damage is possible either.

Offline GoldenEagle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Abii
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 04:39:58 pm »
What is this? Suggestion for battlefield?!

Offline MASTERKILL666A

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 06:10:46 pm »
I hope, they implant my suggestions. They would improve the game so much and make it more realistic.
I forgot one very important suggestion:
- The Artillery-Sergeant has no ramrod. On cannons and howitzers you can see a ramrod. It would be nice, if the Sergeant is able to pick it and use it.
Inactive

Offline dooomninja

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1brig_95th_Maj_dooomninja
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 06:40:52 pm »
- If you sink a ship and men die (cause was your shot) you should get the kills. -> Now it ruins the stats of players who drunk... (-1)
too much game logic, it would mean attaching people to the boat, atm they are just stood on a terrain piece, and following them to see if they drown. in other words a massive drop to FPS

- Buildings should collapse, if they get a few critical hits. And kill players who are inside  8) Also roofs should be destructible (if they get a hit of a mortar).
not possible with the current way terrain works, i.e. with a base frame work of roof and floors to which you can add walls and desroying it is just replacing it with a different terrain piece. maybe in BCOF

- Flying pices of buildings should be able to kill players nearby... (Player killed by brick  ;D )
not actually impossible, it would just be adding shrapnel like from a mortar when the walls are damaged

If you add battleships (you really should add them):
- they should be completely destructible (maybe a mast collapse and the ship can not more longer).
- a new kind of ammo should be added in this case (this kind, specially for cannons on ships).

they are adding Frigate but it will just be a terrain piece lake the larger boats already included, the hull could be destroyed if it is made like a building is currently, but a mast isn't as thats not how destroyed terrain works in NW

edit:
arty officers don't need ramrods as thats what rankers are for
ಠ_ರೃ Quite!
2 most satisfying shots- a rider off a moving horse and officers who think they are safe :b

Offline MASTERKILL666A

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 02:25:27 pm »
edit:
arty officers don't need ramrods as that's what rankers are for
I do not mean the officer, I mean the Arty-Train. At the moment you need 3 persons to fire a cannon (Officer included). If the Arty-Train is able to pick the ramrod from the cannon, you would need only two persons and you have 2 ramrods (important in LBs, if your ranker get killed without holding the ramrod). And the Arty-Train has the possibility of fire the cannon without help (In public games like the NW_Official_EU1).
Inactive

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 05:46:26 pm »
edit:
I do not mean the officer, I mean the Arty-Train. At the moment you need 3 persons to fire a cannon (Officer included). If the Arty-Train is able to pick the ramrod from the cannon, you would need only two persons and you have 2 ramrods (important in LBs, if your ranker get killed without holding the ramrod). And the Arty-Train has the possibility of fire the cannon without help (In public games like the NW_Official_EU1).

Rankers shouldn't have ramrods, the system works fine in my opinion.
Pointy stick champion

Offline Jocam

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 08:45:10 pm »
edit:

Rankers shouldn't have ramrods, the system works fine in my opinion.

Ranker have already got the ramrods =D, but if the train gets a ramrod, it will ruin the use of rankers entirely.

Also, the classification of mlitary ships 'battleships' did not exist, they were called: 'Men of War'

Offline MASTERKILL666A

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 12:10:41 pm »
I don't think that giving a ramrod to the train would ruin the use of rankers. It would improve the game. At the moment the system of train, ranker and officer is round, if the Ranker dies without the Ramrod in hand. So if you are in a linebattle and your ranker doesn't spawn (connection lost or something like this) your team has a big disadvantage, because your Arty is not able to fire this round. For the other artillerists it is so sad to see a ramrod at the cannon without the option to use it.
Inactive