Author Topic: Commander Battle suggestion  (Read 1205 times)

Offline Rowaan

• Second Lieutenant
  • A volcano of unreliable information
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rowaan
  • Side: Union
Commander Battle suggestion
« on: March 31, 2013, 07:58:55 pm »
My favorite game mode is commander battle because it just feels so much more fun than any of the other modes (with the exception of the 15th bots vs humans server). However I do think it could be upgraded:

I think we should be able to have members of the colour party and musicians present during a battle and they go behind the line or to a set point along the line.
You could have the musicians play the corresponding tune to what you are doing for example if a British Line Infantry regiment was moving the drummer could play British Grenadiers, If you order your troops to fire your musicians could  constantly drum until you give the orders to fire or another order.
The colour bearer might just hold the flag but it could be useful so any allies can be sure that that is an allied squad or just to look plain awesome. If he gets killed and the flag is on the floor your troops could suffer an accuracy penalty or just not get one if the flag were to give out an accuracy buff. Maybe we could use the buffs the drummers and fifers give out to give the troops a speed buff or a reload speed buff.
I hate it when as the officer for my squad I get killed of early because of some random ramboing cavalry or a lucky (or in my case unlucky) arty shot and I am left giving orders as one of the regular troops, it just doesn't feel right. If we could get another officer that spawns aswell that comes along too and waits with the colour party, If you die you spawn as him before spawning as one of the regular troops and then if you die again you could spawn as the ensign (if they are both still alive of course) and then finally become part of the regular line.

This doesn't have to exclude cavalry and skirmishers too as they can just use their horns or if that regiment does have a standard bearer they use it.

On the technical side of things because musicians walk everywhere and in commander battle you run everywhere we could allow them to run at the same pace as the regular troops.

I don't know much about code and things like that and I don't know how hard it would be to implement but the game already has the textures and models so it can't be too difficult.

Offline Vanguard

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14pk_Kpr_Vanguard
  • Side: Union
Re: Commander Battle suggestion
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 12:46:01 am »
Probably It's hard to code,and keep in mind that Vincenzo works on BCoF,albeit it would be sweet.