Author Topic: North American Gold 5v5 League [Season 3][Team Redemption - S3 Champions]  (Read 114258 times)

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
  • Side: Neutral
Re: North American Gold 5v5 League [Season 3][Week 5]
« Reply #1365 on: June 17, 2020, 06:34:38 am »
kinda scummy strat ngl but it was pretty much cytiuz forcing them to do it as often as they were

It was a great strat for 4v5's. That's what this was intended for. Cytiuz started us off wanting to do it 5v5. We all agree that was scummy, but when we were down, it is a viable strategy. When we are down 4v5 are we supposed to attack you guys? No. We sat still and let you lose it for yourselves.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #1366 on: June 17, 2020, 06:37:06 am »
kinda scummy strat ngl but it was pretty much cytiuz forcing them to do it as often as they were

It was a great strat for 4v5's. That's what this was intended for. Cytiuz started us off wanting to do it 5v5. We all agree that was scummy, but when we were down, it is a viable strategy. When we are down 4v5 are we supposed to attack you guys? No. We sat still and let you lose it for yourselves.

Getting first picked and resorting to playing for the time to run out is still scummy. Like play the fucking game.

How many times did we get first picked? How many times did we resort to just running and playing for time? And we were still winning rounds.

We didn't have to resort to that level of aids.

It's not a necessary strategy, and this whole premise of "we're down should we have to attack" is retarded, it's not a matter of attacking, it's a matter of playing the game. If every team just resorted to corner camping everytime they got picked, groupfighting would just be aids. Is this really the direction we want to take it?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 06:43:42 am by Stroke0fd34th »

Offline Red Viper

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Red Viper
« Reply #1367 on: June 17, 2020, 06:39:19 am »

Getting first picked and resorting to playing for the time to run out is still scummy.

Yeah, that round I'm not happy about. But it was Cytiuz choice to wait.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1368 on: June 17, 2020, 06:41:50 am »
groupfighting is the last area of the game where ppl don't camp or s key across continents, please don't change it :(

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Jaax

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tyrone
« Reply #1369 on: June 17, 2020, 06:43:30 am »

Getting first picked and resorting to playing for the time to run out is still scummy.
I agree with this kinda tbh. Cytiuz im pretty sure was the one who forced that which is without a doubt scummy but hey its nw and its cytiuz so yeah. With the corner strat its also kinda scummy except with being down i feel like you should do anything to retake the advantage to win.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: June 17, 2020, 06:45:33 am »

It was a great strat for 4v5's. That's what this was intended for. Cytiuz started us off on that third map wanting to do it 5v5. We all agree that was scummy, but when we were down, it is a viable strategy. When we are down 4v5 are we supposed to attack you guys? No. We sat still and let you lose it for yourselves.

We only "played for the time to run out" once and that was when you and Jaax were both dead. We literally waited for you guys to fuck up when we were down a man, and you did. My intention wasn't to start every round in the corner. And when that happened, we would lose. It only works when we are down a man.

I agree with this kinda tbh. Cytiuz im pretty sure was the one who forced that which is without a doubt scummy but hey its nw and its cytiuz so yeah. With the corner strat its also kinda scummy except with being down i feel like you should do anything to retake the advantage to win.

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: June 17, 2020, 06:49:18 am »

It was a great strat for 4v5's. That's what this was intended for. Cytiuz started us off on that third map wanting to do it 5v5. We all agree that was scummy, but when we were down, it is a viable strategy. When we are down 4v5 are we supposed to attack you guys? No. We sat still and let you lose it for yourselves.

We only "played for the time to run out" once and that was when you and Jaax were both dead. We literally waited for you guys to fuck up when we were down a man, and you did. My intention wasn't to start every round in the corner. And when that happened, we would lose. It only works when we are down a man.

No. The only reason time didn't run out on the other rounds is because Bonk engaged. If Bonk had just said "fuck it we'll wait" on the other rounds, you would have stayed in your corner until time ran out on those too.

And that's basically the strat in a nutshell. "Chase us to the corner or the time runs out"

Like you did it with a 4v4, you'd have done with the 5v5's too.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: June 17, 2020, 06:51:00 am »

No. The only reason time didn't run out on the other rounds is because Bonk engaged. If Bonk had just said "fuck it we'll wait" on the other rounds, you would have stayed in your corner until time ran out on those too.

And that's basically the strat in a nutshell. "Chase us to the corner or the time runs out"

If you aren't confident enough to win a 4v5 that's on you I guess.

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: June 17, 2020, 06:53:21 am »

If you aren't confident enough to win a 4v5 that's on you I guess.

Miss me with that bullshit.

Your whole strat is the definition of no confidence.

When we were down 4v5, we'd get a counter pick and play the game, we didn't need to run to a corner. Fucking pathetic.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: June 17, 2020, 06:54:13 am »

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
  • Side: Confederacy

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: June 17, 2020, 06:55:41 am »

Posting a gif doesn't make you less of a bitch.

Edit: Neither does quote pyramiding it.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 06:57:12 am by Stroke0fd34th »