Author Topic: | NWBC | Season 3 | Finals  (Read 45181 times)

Offline Syncmaster667

• First Lieutenant
  • 77y/77th Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • 77th Regiment Website
  • Nick: 77y/77th_1stLt_Sync
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: | NWBC | Season 3 | Finals
« Reply #345 on: October 28, 2019, 09:24:03 am »
Its been 3 days now and I'm sure most of yous have either vented your anger or simply aint bothered anymore, so how about we discuss ideas for the next one if the game isn't dead by then.

I aint no expert in organising events and shit but heres an idea for the next time we do something like this.
Making steam group chats for specific brackets (A, B ect) and have all the admins and the specific coalition and regimental leaders within that so its easier to chat about dates and who will ref. As i seen the main problem with how it was done with that specific problem was the coalition would chat between themselves in one chat, then go backwards and forwards with the other side about the date, once the date was decided then the coalition leaders would have to find the refs. Doing it all in one chat would streamline the process and allow the refs to see the date decided at the earliest time along with them being able to directly say of they can make it or not, now sure it might be mess so could use the channels fuction to split the chat up, aka one for match day, 2 for each of the coalitions, and finally one for saying what days you can do it on and who could ref depending on those days.

Hope the idea possibly helps, love you all xx
Heres a little something to make everyone feel better (mostly me tho)
Spoiler
UWU
[close]

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #346 on: October 28, 2019, 11:43:55 am »
Your daily remember that a lot of people in this community are complete cretins with their NW experience consisting of sitting their fat arses behind a computer and insulting people when things don't go their way. Most of them have never even considered doing something which doesn't serve their friend's interest or their own and would be still crying themselves to sleep if they were put in the situation George experienced.

You were incapable of scheduling your match withing a reasonable timing, most of the people who were active and dedicated to making this event successful either lost interest or couldn't find the availabilities anymore and even the main host had some real IRL priorities which kept him away from this final. At the end of the day, you are the only responsible of what happened that match, period.

Keep your head high George and don't bother answering the morons. They ain't worth your time, trust me.
I didnt know he wasnt an official ref. I understand it was his first time. And I agree that the reactions that me and others have given are sometimes unnecessary. I didnt know the reg leaders were lazy and that george was asked to show up last minute. This was very noble of him and I respect him for trying his best. I apologise to George if I sounded rude.

That being said even those 'cretins with a keyboard' know that 20+ and even 8+ balance is ludicrous in a linebattle. You don't need years of reffing experience or a 1 week notice to understand that. You don't need to be an official ref to type 'you guys need to move 15 people spec, or I will randomly start swapping people spec' to the regimental leaders.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 11:45:41 am by Rikkert »

Offline Krytenn

• First Lieutenant
  • 59th_Col_Krytenn
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 28, 2019, 02:16:48 pm »
Your daily remember that a lot of people in this community are complete cretins with their NW experience consisting of sitting their fat arses behind a computer and insulting people when things don't go their way. Most of them have never even considered doing something which doesn't serve their friend's interest or their own and would be still crying themselves to sleep if they were put in the situation George experienced.

You were incapable of scheduling your match withing a reasonable timing, most of the people who were active and dedicated to making this event successful either lost interest or couldn't find the availabilities anymore and even the main host had some real IRL priorities which kept him away from this final. At the end of the day, you are the only responsible of what happened that match, period.

Keep your head high George and don't bother answering the morons. They ain't worth your time, trust me.

In fairness as somebody who has refereed quite a bit in the last few years, people do seem to forget that the referees give up their own time to do this, usually with very little reward and a lot of abuse and then people act surprised as to why tournaments often struggle to get  referees. That being said the idea that the match wasn’t organised because nobody could be arsed is untrue. I spent a lot of time and effort trying to get this match organised and we had to change the dates several times because of regiments not being able to make dates at short notice/ regimental leaders having irl priorities and going away.

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #348 on: October 28, 2019, 02:22:59 pm »
everything was perfect besides the final. Okey for the ones who lost, it sucks... but i mean I don't actually remember, that tournaments used to be perfectly organized or have the perfect referees. It's sad it has to end like this, even for the one who won, because a lot of my member told me this wasn't a final that we expected or it wasn't a final after all (what has no offense to the opponents).
In my opinion this tournament turned out really well than i actually expected, what is a positive i guess....
GG to all the coalitions and the organisers, this is something not usual, that we actually get big numbers that fight each other on the battlefield.
Spoiler
sorry for broken england
[close]
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Krytenn

• First Lieutenant
  • 59th_Col_Krytenn
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 28, 2019, 02:38:32 pm »
Also difficulty in finding referees in this tournament was not just limited to the final, I refereed 3-4 matches at very short notice because seemingly the regiments couldn’t be bothered to look but also because the referees couldn’t seemingly be bothered. I know that a number of signed up referees didn’t officiate a single game.

I suppose people need to remember it is just a game and not put too much expectation into efficiency/ time dedication
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 02:43:11 pm by Krytenn »

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 29, 2019, 02:21:42 pm »
Since the last match result is in disrepute if you'd like to join the official NWBC champions 2019 regiment, probaby the last ever on NW then apply at:

www.19thyorkshire.com

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 02:26:00 pm by El_Presidente »

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #351 on: October 29, 2019, 03:06:54 pm »
Since the last match result is in disrepute if you'd like to join the official NWBC champions 2019 regiment, probaby the last ever on NW then apply at:

www.19thyorkshire.com

Thanks
*cough* 3rd place *cough*
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 29, 2019, 05:04:38 pm »

www.19thyorkshire.com

Thanks

4-0

Offline Wolffe

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bydand!
    • View Profile
    • 92nd Regiment of Foot
  • Nick: 92nd | Col | John Gordon
« Reply #353 on: October 29, 2019, 06:46:59 pm »

www.19thyorkshire.com

Thanks

4-0
Only one we lost, maybe you can tell us how many you lost?
You seem to like showing off victories but something tells me there are more defeats?

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #354 on: October 29, 2019, 07:02:57 pm »
I mean this is the only time 19th will become relevant in any type of comp event. Also he is just b8ing you Wolffe!

Offline Wolffe

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bydand!
    • View Profile
    • 92nd Regiment of Foot
  • Nick: 92nd | Col | John Gordon
« Reply #355 on: October 29, 2019, 07:07:12 pm »
I mean this is the only time 19th will become relevant in any type of comp event. Also he is just b8ing you Wolffe!
I know (which makes it worse)
I just wish we could let things in the past between the 92nd and the 19th.

Offline ~Felix~

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr4_Major_Felix
« Reply #356 on: October 29, 2019, 07:42:45 pm »
Bro wtf +20 balance rematch pls plox :x
I need to win at least one tournament

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 29, 2019, 08:23:00 pm »

We only dislike Vegi and one of your NCOs who was rude to us and the 1stEB, Polar or something his name was. Kieran told Archibald this when they spoke a week ago or so.

That comment was setup to bait Vegi actually, not you or the other members of your team. Then again nobody really likes Vegi that's why he gets warned constantly :dab:.

(Side note we only lost 1 match as well)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 08:24:38 pm by El_Presidente »

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Board Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #358 on: October 29, 2019, 10:08:38 pm »

We only dislike Vegi and one of your NCOs who was rude to us and the 1stEB, Polar or something his name was. Kieran told Archibald this when they spoke a week ago or so.

That comment was setup to bait Vegi actually, not you or the other members of your team. Then again nobody really likes Vegi that's why he gets warned constantly :dab:.

(Side note we only lost 1 match as well)

Literally just made a FSE forumn account for this.

Presidente, leave my vegi alone. Don't be a nonce. Literally no need to post this on a forumn that looks like something I made in 08-no offence-for a 10 year old game, got nothing better to do in your time? Coming on here dissing my reg and frens and then acting all high and mighty giving it "I'm smart everyone else dumb" etc etc. Doesn't really work pal.

Reminder for everyone complaining it's only a game, a 10 year old one at that. Maybe go for a walk or a cold shower, how about going to your room and visiting a site that ends in hub and having 10-15 minutes of you time and come back to us. If you lost, its not fun is it? But, its not something to get worked up about. The games a decade old, and is winding down, maybe spend the time enjoying playing with friends not complaining about one final that didn't go to plan.

^-^

[Cool signature showing I'm in the 92nd]

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 29, 2019, 10:25:25 pm »
I mean, I do have 10 GCSEs