Author Topic: Help wanted for upcomming Napoleonic Wars patch  (Read 54246 times)

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Help wanted for upcomming Napoleonic Wars patch
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2017, 11:42:41 am »
You guys are mentioning things that are not really what Vince and thunder are talking about... Spectator modes are not bug fixes lone you silly goose!
Suggesting new factions like you did are bugs???????????????!

Offline Dark_Knight

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • [IVe]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Talope
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2017, 12:00:30 pm »
I personnaly see only opportunism in this update  ???
We ask some modifications for several years, you guys will do it 48h after Holdfast release... Only pure coincidence? I don't think so  :-\

But who cares?  :-X

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2017, 12:06:12 pm »
I don´t know if it has been said already, but a system like in comp native (from spec view) could possibly boost the expierience, aswell in comp NW scene for people who record and upload it.

Such as this:
Spoiler
[close]

I am not that much into coding and so on, but this could aswell be adapted to a coming (?) NW Mod for BL later on... Just as an idea.
I like the idea of fixing bugs on this game, since it is not as much dying as many people (including myself) have thought some time ago.. Keep it up :)
glanced at the video.  looks neat.   thing is that presentation stuff are done client side.   something like that would probably be best left to someone who is making something for the competitive side only rather than in an overall patch. 

whats the deal with hitting someones upblock and getting stunned long enough for the enemy to downstab you

also, servers being able to IP-ban someone to prevent them from using different keys?
it involves a bunch of things like weight, and how they hit you, momentum etc,.   if memory serves.

afaik, you cant ban someones IP on warband.  though maybe you can prevent clients from an IP from even talking to the server?  not like it would do much, as they could find ways to change their IP and depending on the IP banned, you may ban several people that share a similar IP.   i believe it is all key based.

Some Reddit Brigade people have suggested limiting the amount of ammunition carried by artillery, for realism. I don't agree with changing it, for gameplay's sake, but there it is.
tbh i dont see a point in doing that.  most lbs with arty wouldn't last long enough where it would matter.(infantry get 30 rounds but how often do you use them all?  very very rarely.)  you would have to balance arty around their limited ammo.  possibly even finding a way to add ammo back as well.   it would be a lot of work for little gain.  this might be the first time i ever heard of this idea. 

• Amazing Grace should be played with drums and bagpipes, and not just bagpipes. It's a game breaking glitch, really.
• Some people (perhaps due using other mods) can hide their banner, trolling others into teamkilling them or just being annoying. I hope you can fix that.
• Can't remember if it was a random map or a badly custom map, but some stones would pop out of the ground and people would be able to "enter" the said stone. Perhaps make some objects completely round and not half open?
• Calvary can be heard from the end of the map.
• Playing music while running.
• Stacking planks on top of each other
• Playing piano non-stop, even after dying.
• Bullets and ghost bullets - the visual bullets do not represent the areas they actually hit.
• Cannons pass through trees and stones.
• Not really a glitch, but some mappers don't know how to make walls destructible resulting in cannons passing through walls. Perhaps make it easier or automatic process so mappers don't have to bother with that?
• Picking cannon balls / ammunition twice (taking up 2 equip slots) will allow you to reload the cannon without ever picking up the ammunition ever again.

hmmm i think the song selection is also another presentation file thing, which would be client side.  it has been a while, can they play the song with play together?

ill ask vince about the banners,

im not sure what rock you are talking about. 

idk if i had this sound bug.   is it something you can recreate reliably?

on the list

plank towers are on the list. 

is this recreatable?  if so, send me a pm how to do it.    i am working on getting music to stop playing when maps change. 

cant be fixed.  its a tw issue. 

well, on random maps, we cant stop cannon balls from going through, but we could stop them with scene prop rocks.(i believe anyways)    though that will lead to people being confused if they safe behind a rock or not.   i would rather keep it consistent.   

uh.  not sure what walls you are referring to.  some aren't destructible. 

on the list to be fixed. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Online John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2017, 12:29:49 pm »
You guys are mentioning things that are not really what Vince and thunder are talking about... Spectator modes are not bug fixes lone you silly goose!
that was before he edited the post you fuck
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline mercenary_frank

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2017, 05:44:08 pm »
Double flag server crash

No clue what this could be.

admin text crashing the server

I imagine this is the same exploit that is currently still working on PW and other modules. MS doesn't provide any means of validating string input so you can send what you want and crash the server. Requires WSE to fix.

Being able to run while surrendering

Force the walk state when a player is playing the surrender animation.

placing building items down to fast. 

Use a serversided timer. build_timer >= 0.5

animation issues where on your screen you are down blocking, but on everyone elses you are side blocking as an example

No clue what could cause this I myself have never seen this. You could always debug broadcast message and see what it is sending to all the players.

Infinitely artillery ammunition with no need to take another.

Never had this happen to me. I suppose this bug lies within the NW MS system rather than the engine itself.

Stacking planks into the sky.

Plenty of ways to fix this, You could check the Z height of the map and limit it for props. You could make players only build when they are within a grid or the ground,...

various scripts for scene props check for valid prop with "greater than 0", that causes some rare and random bugs from time to time, if the actual prop has the ID 0.

NW MS bug.

Better synchronisation for doors. and cannons not reseting. making sure they go back to the correct state. 

NW MS bug.

No serverside check for naked bodyparts.

I don't know if the MS has a function like this but you can just check the body armour value I suppose. 0 meaning he is naked. If troops also have 0 you can just get the item_kind of the armour piece if it's a nullptr it means he doesn't have any on him.

Mucisians playing music when the map changes(maybe round, dont remember) and keeps playing through the next round

Only play sound if the animation is correct.

lancers doing up attacks on horse back  by dismounting, doing an up attack, mounting, and the game keeps the attack direction and animation

while the mounting animation plays and he has a lance check if his attack direction is an upswing if so reset it.

musicians playing music while their sword is out as an example

Only play sound if the animation is correct.

I have never used MS to code something so I don't what it "can't" "can" do. You can always use WSE and code your own functions for MS to get all of the above problems fixed. However I discussed this with Vincenzo he doesn't want it implemented for NW so I highly doubt some of the issue's given above will be fixed.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 05:46:26 pm by mercenary_frank »

Offline Lone

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2017, 07:14:23 pm »

Got em there
No but I just thought it was worth mentioning since it looks as we have capable people with knowledge here, you dumb goose
Tier Legendary Elite ++
97p Lone : By himself he's a very good duo. So he deserve a spot of his own.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2017, 09:53:36 pm »
1. The IMG glitch (although this is, from my knowledge, a Warband issue)
Is that the character in admin/different chats? If so, it's definitely a Warband rather than NW issue, but because it's specific to admin chat in NW it's not a massive issue. If it's a different bug then ignore me.

Offline 3pp_XW Sharpshooter

• Corporal
  • Evil is Evil . “
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sharpshooter
  • Side: Union
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2017, 10:15:51 pm »
Maybe fix the bug that i didnt see any servers? Exept this which i have in my favourite list( I have this problem since 2 weeks and i dont know why)

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2017, 10:17:23 pm »
1. The IMG glitch (although this is, from my knowledge, a Warband issue)
Is that the character in admin/different chats? If so, it's definitely a Warband rather than NW issue, but because it's specific to admin chat in NW it's not a massive issue. If it's a different bug then ignore me.
Showed it to Thunder last night. Def Warband, potentially fixable though as it's related to images

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Zahari

• Major
  • Man with 0 ping Also known as Vicky ^^
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA N°8
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2017, 10:17:43 pm »

"After a long year of golden era, the time of the end has come to the heavy cavalry. Event the mightiest, the strongest of them - the cuirassiers couldn't stand the cataclism which the patch was for them. One by one, firstly people, then whole regiments turned their cloacs and joined the hussars. Right now nobody from the elite of cavalry community doesn't even think about creating a heavy cavalry regiment. But, it may sound impossible but we can change it.

What do I want:
  • Little thing that would buff heavy vs other cav, so it'll be playable again

How can we reach it?
Well, i have few ideas, those are:

• Realism - cuirass invulnerable to melee dmg as a one hitpoint (OMG GTFO FAG)
  • Restoring old heavy horses health
  • Nerfing hussars (OMG GTFO FAG)
  • Other buffs (speed, sword, maneuverable etc

Another thing that bothers me is magical hussar's sabre thrust, which even without bonus from speed is somehow able to kill even a cuirassier from behind. Just sain'

I was asking about patch in January 2014.. Now its 2017. Here it is https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=12221.0 with whole discussion under the main post.
"Russia and Prussia, especially, tried to suppress both Polish culture and language and the Catholic faith. In response, the Poles developed one of the most intense and self-sacrificing versions of Romantic nationalism ever seen in Europe. "- Neal Ascherson

Offline Mr. Kochi

• First Lieutenant
  • Baah! Baah baah, baah? Baah baah!
    • View Profile
    • The Skin Warehouse
  • Nick: Mr. James Koach
« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2017, 10:30:38 pm »
I haven't played NW in ages, so I'm not exactly up to date with all the current bugs. However, I've been looking at the requests for new units and factions, and came up with a quick and easy way to implement this.

Deep in the cesspits of the Skins & OSP Resources subforum, there are some wonderfully crafted skin packs that fully convert entire factions.  Raddeo's Duchy of Warsaw skin pack is the first that comes to my mind, but there are many others out there that can easily be turned into new factions. I do remember seeing a Spanish full conversion somewhere.

At the same time, you could also expand the current factions' rosters to include some individual skins. Betaknight made some really awesome skins back in the day, and so did Attila the Nun and Marks. Those are the ones I remember, at least. I haven't looked at that subforum in years.

In any case, if you guys want to add new factions or skins, you won't need to make new textures and models. Just ask these modders if you can add their stuff to the game.

((Also, shameless self promotion :)))

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2017, 12:35:37 am »
fix the russian bug, the 1st unit spawns with sticks sometimes like wtf? my regiment finds it hard to play with this bug so please fix! thank you

- love from iran

Offline Johny_Nawalony

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2017, 12:37:10 am »
Pls fix the thing marks pointed out

//

And add Raddeo's Duchy of Warsaw into the game, please?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 12:41:18 am by Johny_Nawalony »
I can do paid skin comissions so yeah msg if ya want one

Offline Hatman

• Private
  • Engineer in training...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2017, 01:06:24 am »
Hi guys,  I've been working on a few mods for our local server for a year or so now.  Most of them are for personal server use, such as an auto admin that can detect kills that are FOL or Rambo and revive the victim automatically. But there's a few things I've come across that might be useful.

First,  in the way of bugs:
Not sure if this one's a bug or an intentionally dropped feature but I noticed when I was going through some of the cannonball code (I don't remember exactly where) that certain sapper deployables were meant to have a "wall" value of 1 and not 3 but due to a bad for loop didn't actually ever gain this value. This would mean that it would take 3 planks (or what have you) to stop a cannonball instead of the current 1.
While on that topic I think you should give a "wall" value of 2 to some of the thinner destructible walls so that a cannon both damages them,  and penetrates to potentially damage people/buildings behind also.  (a value of 2 would stop the cannonball after hitting a second wall) some of the thicker fortress walls would make sense to keep the same though.

Another minor tweak that may help server and client performance that I get my regiment to use is the lowering of the strength/time of smoke output by explosions in the "make explosion at position" script. This means there isn't massive amounts of frame drops after a while bunch of explosions go off at once.

Now for mods:

One mod I made a while ago but everyone on our servers seem to enjoy is the item pickup mod. This allows any weapon item props placed by the map maker on the map to be picked up,  allowing for the creation of armories and the like for seige defence or whatever. At the moment it's just set to spawn the item where it was placed every 12 seconds or so (with an appropriate depsawn timer to avoid buildup) but could be changed to only work once or more/less frequently.
I believe I mentioned this one to Vincenzo when he visited our TS a while ago, I think that's when I was working on my naval arty mod?  IDK.

I also made a payload mod so that map makers could place down waypoint markers that an explosive cart would follow when pushed and explode at its destination. Think TF2 or overwatch.  (with a remove/addition of other props coded in to get rid of those pesky non destructible  portcullis  too or add new seige ladders for stage two of the fight,etc.)

Other than that I've had a few other little pet projects that wouldn't be for everyones tastes like:
- Option for Maps to remove player weapons on spawn so you can do jail break/alarmed camp style battles. ( used with the aforementioned item spawning mod for armories)
- naval arty.  Places small swivel cannons on the moving small boats and carronades on the larger ones.  Also makes both boats destructible with cannonball penetration (using "wall" values)
- Gatling gun.  This one just turns a cannons canister rounds into a Gatling gun that fires out a stream of 100 shots that you can stop and start.

As for the revive button: we were thinking of implementing this on our servers,  as well as a global mute button to stop chat spammers.
We were thinking of replacing the temp ban button with revive as temps are harder to clear than perms. Also because MOV_Hikkupz makes enough mistakes to warrant a revive button already and removing the option to ban someone irreversibly for an hour can only be an improvement   :P
To avoid the 30 second dead agent limit you could try using a "on agent wounded or killed" trigger to store the death details on the players slots. (I believe there's already death position slots there).

Well I think that's about it from me.  Feel free to take or leave any of that.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 01:22:07 am by Hatman »

Offline Hatman

• Private
  • Engineer in training...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2017, 01:57:04 am »
Oh,  and another thing that comes to mind is rockets...
Currently gravity isn't applied correctly to them.  They have a constant downwards acceleration programmed into them but it's applied in the local rocket props z-direction not the global z-direction. This isn't a problem for all the other arty as the ball/shell doesn't rotate in the air so the z-directions remain aligned with the ground. Not so with rockets which twist and turn in the air sometimes causing rockets that point at the sky to accelerate towards you anyway...