Author Topic: Help wanted for upcomming Napoleonic Wars patch  (Read 54256 times)

Offline Grimsight

• Donator
  • ᴅɪꜱʀᴇꜱᴩᴇᴄᴛ_Yᴏᴜʀ_ᴍᴇᴍᴇꜱ
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3eVolt
  • Side: Union
Re: Help wanted for upcomming Napoleonic Wars patch
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2017, 10:32:02 pm »
There is a reason we HAVE to patch it..  more on that later.
Curious what you mean by this. Is Warband getting an update?

I can't see much that needs to be changed in NW.
Only thing is remove the extra iron flesh from sailors. Groupfighting server admins have to slay players that go sailor, since there is no option to disable that class.

This is a feature suggestion.. sounds like the patch is for bugs, but anyway: Maybe a "Groupfighting" server setting - which makes all class stats identical, equips them with a melee only musket, and removes horses. Would be cool to let players play as any class they like in groupfighting without admins having to worry about unfair stats.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 10:34:41 pm by Grimsight »

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2017, 10:41:48 pm »
First off, woah.
Secondly, here are my suggestions:
1. The IMG glitch (although this is, from my knowledge, a Warband issue)
2. The movement/bayonet delay - otherwise known as ghost reach. I'm not sure whether this is a hitbox issue or a bayonet range issue, but being able to stab people when the bayonet doesn't actually hit them isn't the fairest. (I understand that may be a non possibility.)
3. As has already been said, the animation glitch is important to remove

If I think of more i'll post

Also consider a reticule change? That shouldn't be too hard

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

AeroNinja

« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2017, 11:49:54 pm »
Overhaul how the poke work in melee. I mean for most of them there is a reason, either it the speed modifier or the distance, but sometime your hit will just bounce off the nose of an enemy at close range...  And with that, poking someone can sometime even let you stuned for a few secs, wich is enough to take a free hit without anything u can do about it. I'm not sure if you would consider that a bug but i thought it was worth mentioning (i'm actually suprised that no one pointed this out yet, it always seems to me like one of the main issues of the melee system).
Got my support on that.

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2017, 11:55:16 pm »
Overhaul how the poke work in melee. I mean for most of them there is a reason, either it the speed modifier or the distance, but sometime your hit will just bounce off the nose of an enemy at close range...  And with that, poking someone can sometime even let you stuned for a few secs, wich is enough to take a free hit without anything u can do about it. I'm not sure if you would consider that a bug but i thought it was worth mentioning (i'm actually suprised that no one pointed this out yet, it always seems to me like one of the main issues of the melee system).
Got my support on that.
I would imagine that you would have to overhaul how the momentum system and general melee systems work
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2017, 12:02:06 am »
Got my support on that.
I would imagine that you would have to overhaul how the momentum system and general melee systems work
That's alot of re writing.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2017, 12:26:16 am »
Posted by TitaniumNation on reddit:

Sapper Bugs:

-If you place a plank at a steep enough angle (one end high than the other), you can subsequently jump and place a plank on top of it to create a floating plank platform. You can keep jumping and placing into the sky until you run out of points.

-Digging an earthwork builds it slightly less than undigging. This means that if you undig it once, you can then dig it back up twice. If you keep repeating this process (Undig, Dig, Dig), the earthwork will grow until it reaches max model size (like twice as high as default), then start climbing into the sky.

Cavalry Bugs:

-A mounted lancer has only a down attack (not including couch), but a dismounted lancer has up and down attack. A dismounted lancer can hold an up attack and then mount a horse. It will result in holding an up attack while mounted, which doesnt really provide a benefit, but is still unintended.

Musician Bugs

-If you click on a song and immediately switch weapons, it will play the song but allow you to run around at full speed. This also allows you to do other weird things like stacking songs and quickly switching around.

Also, I dunno if this is still a thing, but sometimes a song (piano, organ, or unit instruments) which has just begun playing as a round ends continues playing in that exact same spot on the next map.
  the plank thing is on the list.   i haven't looked into fixing that yet.

the earthwork thing where you dig into the sky has been fixed.  the issue was that you dig up for +6 and you undig for -8.    so you would undig for -8, then dig for +6(2 short of where you were before) then dig again for another +6.   this would mean you are 4 cm higher.  rinse and repeat.   after doing various things, it came to me, why not make them factors of 6?   so i made it -12, and +6.  from what i seen, there is no overflow anymore.  it stays where it should.  i also had to change the health gained per dig.  will have to be tested on a live server(and not one on my comp, that i made), but i think its good to go. 

the lancer bug is noted.  idk if its fixable.  ill talk to vince and see if its something that can be fixed.  it may be as simple as adding a check somewhere when it comes to mounting and unmounting horses, or annoying as something on TW end that we cant fix.  i will say, as i have used it myself and seen others use it, this bug/exploit doesn't give you any advantages really, and lots of disadvantages. 

i think the musicians playing music with their swords are out is fixable.  as is the music still playing when the rounds ends or map changes. 

There is a reason we HAVE to patch it..  more on that later.
Curious what you mean by this. Is Warband getting an update?

I can't see much that needs to be changed in NW.
Only thing is remove the extra iron flesh from sailors. Groupfighting server admins have to slay players that go sailor, since there is no option to disable that class.

This is a feature suggestion.. sounds like the patch is for bugs, but anyway: Maybe a "Groupfighting" server setting - which makes all class stats identical, equips them with a melee only musket, and removes horses. Would be cool to let players play as any class they like in groupfighting without admins having to worry about unfair stats.

just change the armor sailors have in the items kind file.   give their pants both the armor for legs and the normal armor for their chest.   i did this already in patch, but people could do that now in their files.  i think a while back i even posted my file in the NA GF thread, but idk if lable ever put it in.  they have the same iron flesh.   by making those changes, you don't have to worry about the bs pirates anymore.  i did give the marine officers more health, as it was lower than everyone elses for some reason. (same health as other inf)

as for making them all spawn with bayos.  it is doable, but that and the changing of all the stats is probably best left to each server, rather than a overarching patch.  that would probably require a lot of work.    some servers already have some of that done anyways, and they can quickly bring that stuff over to the new files. 

First off, woah.
Secondly, here are my suggestions:
1. The IMG glitch (although this is, from my knowledge, a Warband issue)
2. The movement/bayonet delay - otherwise known as ghost reach. I'm not sure whether this is a hitbox issue or a bayonet range issue, but being able to stab people when the bayonet doesn't actually hit them isn't the fairest. (I understand that may be a non possibility.)
3. As has already been said, the animation glitch is important to remove

If I think of more i'll post

Also consider a reticule change? That shouldn't be too hard
idk about the first one.  will need more info. 

ghost reach is on a lot of weapons.  it is when the weapons length is longer than the weapon itself.(what you see on screen)  you can make a vodka bottle hit people 20 feet away in melee mode.   
the old heavy cav swords were notorious for this.(having ghost range)

depending on the weapon, it is done for balance or just necessary for it to work.(con hammer)  i would guess the best way to "fix" that would be to reduce bayonet range, but that has a lot of other issues tied with it.  unless you are referring to something else regarding bayos and their ghost range.  i did buff the british bayos as they were shorter than other factions bayonets.(they are all now the same length)

animation glitch where you see one thing and others see something else is being looked into, but no promises. 

i will be making another post shortly.  i want it to be separate from this one.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2017, 01:14:07 am »
Currently we are making good progress, but there are still many things to fix, and while i am ok at scripting, some things are more than likely out of my league currently or will just take a while to do.

So, we are looking for people to assist.   The more people helping fix these issues, the faster we can get the patch out.  If you want to help, or know of someone who can or may want to help, let me  know.  I will probably be going through the mod boards later PMing people to see if they want to help. 

our goal to fix bugs, exploits, balance, and adding other nice suggestions while maintaining compatibility with the currently client. We want it so new clients can still be compatible with old servers and new servers compatible with old clients.   We would put the new files up for everyone to dl should they want to for updating their server.    that way we dont break everyone's mods they spent years working on.   the source code would be available so they would be able to  bring our changes over to their files, or their stuff to our code.  i will make a more detailed post about how to do that down the road.

Here is the current list of bugs to work on.  some of these may be quick, i just haven't gotten to them yet.   

Spoiler
Double flag server crash

admin text crashing the server

Being able to run while surrendering

placing building items down to fast. 

animation issues where on your screen you are down blocking, but on everyone elses you are side blocking as an example

Infinitely artillery ammunition with no need to take another.

Stacking planks into the sky.

various scripts for scene props check for valid prop with "greater than 0", that causes some rare and random bugs from time to time, if the actual prop has the ID 0.

Better synchronisation for doors. and cannons not reseting. making sure they go back to the correct state. 

No serverside check for naked bodyparts.

Mucisians playing music when the map changes(maybe round, dont remember) and keeps playing through the next round

lancers doing up attacks on horse back  by dismounting, doing an up attack, mounting, and the game keeps the attack direction and animation

musicians playing music while their sword is out as an example
[close]

any help would be appreciated.  if you want to help fix those, and maybe other stuff,  let us know.  :)
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2017, 01:51:54 am »
Could always add the Rusos Deutsche Legion Hussars from Mount and Musket who were light cav with heavy cav swords. Also put the sword bayonet back on the Baker rifle
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 01:55:13 am by Millander »
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Axiom

• Colonel
  • Gif King
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2017, 02:38:51 am »
musicians playing music while their sword is out as an example.

Best part of the game why you do this  :'(

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2017, 05:43:20 am »
musicians playing music while their sword is out as an example.

Best part of the game why you do this  :'(
we shall see what happens to that one.     

also, i will add that at list above is only bugs,  it doesn't include suggestions, balance, or map changes. 

Offline Eternal

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2017, 07:24:42 am »
• Amazing Grace should be played with drums and bagpipes, and not just bagpipes. It's a game breaking glitch, really.
• Some people (perhaps due using other mods) can hide their banner, trolling others into teamkilling them or just being annoying. I hope you can fix that.
• Can't remember if it was a random map or a badly custom map, but some stones would pop out of the ground and people would be able to "enter" the said stone. Perhaps make some objects completely round and not half open?
• Calvary can be heard from the end of the map.
• Playing music while running.
• Stacking planks on top of each other
• Playing piano non-stop, even after dying.
• Bullets and ghost bullets - the visual bullets do not represent the areas they actually hit.
• Cannons pass through trees and stones.
• Not really a glitch, but some mappers don't know how to make walls destructible resulting in cannons passing through walls. Perhaps make it easier or automatic process so mappers don't have to bother with that?
• Picking cannon balls / ammunition twice (taking up 2 equip slots) will allow you to reload the cannon without ever picking up the ammunition ever again.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 07:35:18 am by Eternal »

Offline Savolainen5

• First Lieutenant
  • Official Server Admin and Language Nerd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: _1stRddt_E77_Savs
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2017, 07:47:58 am »
Some Reddit Brigade people have suggested limiting the amount of ammunition carried by artillery, for realism. I don't agree with changing it, for gameplay's sake, but there it is.
Wanna know what a wug is? Read here!

Juice_Kelly: no one wants to be savs, he's the biggest firegiant on the server.

Offline Lone

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2017, 08:29:25 am »
I don´t know if it has been said already, but a system like in comp native (from spec view) could possibly boost the expierience, aswell in comp NW scene for people who record and upload it.

Such as this:

I am not that much into coding and so on, but this could aswell be adapted to a coming (?) NW Mod for BL later on... Just as an idea.
I like the idea of fixing bugs on this game, since it is not as much dying as many people (including myself) have thought some time ago.. Keep it up :)
Tier Legendary Elite ++
97p Lone : By himself he's a very good duo. So he deserve a spot of his own.

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2017, 10:47:10 am »
whats the deal with hitting someones upblock and getting stunned long enough for the enemy to downstab you

also, servers being able to IP-ban someone to prevent them from using different keys?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 10:50:06 am by Nero_ »

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2017, 11:41:45 am »
You guys are mentioning things that are not really what Vince and thunder are talking about... Spectator modes are not bug fixes lone you silly goose!
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.