Author Topic: Help wanted for upcomming Napoleonic Wars patch  (Read 54488 times)

Offline Johny_Nawalony

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Help wanted for upcomming Napoleonic Wars patch
« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2017, 01:53:24 pm »
Probably not possible, but I've seen a suggestion to have customised patches or something, like the logo of a reg (the player-created kind) on a shoulder or backpack or whatever.
U joking right?
I can do paid skin comissions so yeah msg if ya want one

Offline tired

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [BBG] tired
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2017, 09:30:54 pm »
Oh I just remembered one that bugs the crap out of me.
 I'm currently full at 82 maps AI meshed for bot Survival, which I even mapped most of the developer maps. Which you guys can actually have the meshed versions from me if you want to put into the new patch.
But on to the point, we want to add even more maps, but since it's full, we only have the custom maps left. But we always have the maps voteable for the public, and people can't vote the custom maps. I know it might be a client thing though not a server side fix.

Offline Mikimak

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2017, 10:55:30 pm »
it does?   are you able to recreate that?    are you referring to some millisecond where a crate may float in the air when it explodes before it disappears?(which idk if it does)   

or are you referring to a stack of crates that blow up, but the top one doesn't right away?

Screenshoots:
Spoiler
[
[close]

mm_sp_crate_explosive is special crate react on hit. It explode on weapon impact.
I dont seen this object on any standard map, but will be nice if you fix that.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2017, 02:30:39 am »
Probably not possible, but I've seen a suggestion to have customised patches or something, like the logo of a reg (the player-created kind) on a shoulder or backpack or whatever.
Would be nice to maybe rename some of the units or give them new skins. We've had the same stuff for years now.

I do recall that there was a hussar cavalry unit that had a light infantry sabre which made them inferior to others; Is this still a thing?
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2017, 02:37:05 am »
Oh I just remembered one that bugs the crap out of me.
 I'm currently full at 82 maps AI meshed for bot Survival, which I even mapped most of the developer maps. Which you guys can actually have the meshed versions from me if you want to put into the new patch.
But on to the point, we want to add even more maps, but since it's full, we only have the custom maps left. But we always have the maps voteable for the public, and people can't vote the custom maps. I know it might be a client thing though not a server side fix.
....82 maps?  yikes.   if you have 82 maps, i would guess there would be a few that dont get played that often, maybe aren't as like as your other maps, been there a while so they start to get old, etc,.    i guess my point is, couldn't you just rename a few of them, so they are still on the server, and replace them with some new maps.    you can always go back to the older ones. 

you could make it so custom maps are in the rotation, so they are played regularly.  This may make it so people who want to play those maps can, without needing a poll.  the regular maps can still be in the rotation, or played via voting.   idk, this is one solution to your problem.   maybe you already do this, or thought of it and didn't like it.  I dont play BBG that often now a days so idk how you do your stuff. 

there is this mod.  https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=9596.0

kinda goes along with what you are talking about.   would need client side changes though among other changes.

If this wasn't a server side patch, but a regular one, i would more than likely say yes to using your vanilla maps.  problem is that if a server uses these maps, and most people wont have them on their client, they would need to DL each and every map.(some of them are a very long dl)   while people could take them and add them to their client, most people wouldn't do it or know about it.

it does?   are you able to recreate that?    are you referring to some millisecond where a crate may float in the air when it explodes before it disappears?(which idk if it does)   

or are you referring to a stack of crates that blow up, but the top one doesn't right away?

Screenshoots:
Spoiler
[
[close]

mm_sp_crate_explosive is special crate react on hit. It explode on weapon impact.
I dont seen this object on any standard map, but will be nice if you fix that.
i'll add it to the list.  though, this is probably a minor one as you said. 

Would be nice to maybe rename some of the units or give them new skins. We've had the same stuff for years now.

I do recall that there was a hussar cavalry unit that had a light infantry sabre which made them inferior to others; Is this still a thing?
some units were using a light cav saber, that was shorter than the french one.  i made them the same in my patch.   
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Hypno

• First Lieutenant
  • ENG 2015, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 | Buttery Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2017, 02:40:56 am »
on behalf of me and the russian community: please don't patch our autoblocks, thank you.
GG to everybody who played in it. Was a great match to watch and surely an incredibly intense one to play. Hypnos beginner luck turned it around.
get out of here jack i wanna cum

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2017, 03:00:26 am »
on behalf of me and the russian community: please don't patch our autoblocks, thank you.
but you're not... wait..

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline PhilosophicalPhilosopher

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Throw Up The X steam name
  • Nick: ThrowUpTheX
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2017, 03:08:15 am »
Make bayonets of all nations same length + Blocking glitch.
Captain of ChimpZ
Mount and Blade : Warband
Steam Library Mount and Blade
Steam Games Warband
SteamID Steam Napoleonic Wars MountBlade £20.00

Offline Johny_Nawalony

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2017, 03:18:19 am »
There was some issue with French Old Guard hangers, as when they were sheathed they had different model as i remember
I can do paid skin comissions so yeah msg if ya want one

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2017, 05:36:40 am »
Make bayonets of all nations same length + Blocking glitch.
Spoiler
["french_versailles_melee", "Infantry Musket", [("french_versailles",0)], itp_cant_use_on_horseback|itp_has_upper_stab|itp_type_polearm |itp_primary|itp_is_pike|itp_no_blur,itc_spear|itcf_carry_crossbow_back,
180 , weight(0)|difficulty(0)|spd_rtng(85) | weapon_length(138)|swing_damage(40 ,  pierce) | thrust_damage(45 ,  pierce),imodbits_none ],

["french_charleville_melee", "Infantry Musket", [("french_charleville",0)], itp_cant_use_on_horseback|itp_has_upper_stab|itp_type_polearm |itp_primary|itp_is_pike|itp_no_blur,itc_spear|itcf_carry_crossbow_back,
180 , weight(0)|difficulty(0)|spd_rtng(85) | weapon_length(138)|swing_damage(40 ,  pierce) | thrust_damage(45 ,  pierce),imodbits_none ],

["british_brown_bess_melee", "Infantry Musket", [("brown_bess_musket",0)], itp_cant_use_on_horseback|itp_has_upper_stab|itp_type_polearm |itp_primary|itp_is_pike|itp_no_blur,itc_spear|itcf_carry_crossbow_back,

["russian_musket_1808_melee", "Infantry Musket", [("Russian_musket_1808",0)], itp_cant_use_on_horseback|itp_has_upper_stab|itp_type_polearm |itp_primary|itp_is_pike|itp_no_blur,itc_spear|itcf_carry_crossbow_back,

["austrian_musket_melee", "Infantry Musket", [("austrian_musket",0)], itp_cant_use_on_horseback|itp_has_upper_stab|itp_type_polearm |itp_primary|itp_is_pike|itp_no_blur,itc_spear|itcf_carry_crossbow_back,

["prussian_potsdam_melee", "Infantry Musket", [("potsdam_musket",0)], itp_cant_use_on_horseback|itp_has_upper_stab|itp_type_polearm |itp_primary|itp_is_pike|itp_no_blur,itc_spear|itcf_carry_crossbow_back,
[close]
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2017, 11:14:01 am »
I think the biggest issues that needs fixing is the block glitch and the autoblocking hack.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 11:16:15 am by Furrnox »

Offline FineApple

• Sergeant Major
  • 8̡͇̩͚̘̟̯͔̊̂͋͒̉̊͒̍̉̍ͮ͟4̘͖̯̘͇̣̦̩̆̓̇̏͂͐̊͌̅ͬ͂͒ͤ̉͂̚̚͟͟͞
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 03:46:24 pm by FineApple »
F͐ͬͨͥ̊̃͊ͦ̒̃ͪ͏̸̴̟͈͈̱̟͔̜̣͇I̷̡̻̻͓̖͔͕ͦͨ̈͐̎ͦ͌̇̅̉N̶̊̈̉ͦ͆́̚̕͏͎̲̰̣̱̰E̡̓ͥ̊̅̿̾ͧ̈́̍͊̔ͭͪ͂̎͠͝҉̭̳̰̮̳̳̞̙ͅA̡̡̹͚̫̥͔̼̥̲ͭͮ̃ͨͯ̇͑̆̋̒ͣ͟͡͝P͓͔̖̲͍̻̖̱̀̄ͫ̂ͩ̈́̃̀̿ͭ̾͋̄̐͗͘͡͞P͇͚͔̮̺̲͕͎͓͙̗̝̹̖̯̻͌̈́̅̌̀ͣ̀ͫͦ̅ͧ̀̆͌̃̍ͣ̄̀͜ͅĻ̹̲̤̠̞̬͉̦͍̖͔͕͉̘̲̼̱̽̓̏́̍͂ͯ͋͑̾ͮ͆́͟E̸̡̬̭͚̼̭̥̯͋͛ͨ̑͐̿͟͝͡F̍ͯ͌̃ͣ̈͗̿҉̢̨̢̱̙̳͉̦̣͓̙I̔́ͩ̄ͫ͋̑͒͐̉́͏̡̰̯̥Ņ̵̷̶͓͓͚̬̗̞̖̥̠̂̂̑͐̅ͣ͐͑̒̈ͭͪ̈́ͮ͡ͅE̵̶̡͉̪̪̼̗̹̲̰͉ͬ̃͛ͫ͋̀̍̄Ấ̡͇̼̘̝͕̟͎̳͓̦̮̘̥̼̘̖͓̞͒̈̀̃ͪ̾ͪ̐̓̆̎̽ͨ͗̑͂͘͟P̵̞͇̮̬̳͕͎͉͎̳̬̼̱̱̘͚̬̬ͭ̓ͨ̃͑͛̐͜P̶̵̸̦͍̥̣̹̹ͣͫͣ̇͑͐̈ͤ͢L̛̖͍̮̤̳̱̗͙̭̻̋̅ͦͦͧ͊̀ͦ̿ͤ̃̆̉ͫ́͊ͮ̚͠ͅĘ͕̻̹̟̯ͮͦ͑ͬ̿͜͟F̶̨͚͚̠̲̬̩̪̗͚͙̂ͬͤ̽̇̊̇ͧ͆͂̔ͤ̽̌ͧ͜I̵̛͈̻̩̥͙̭̪̳̼̫͌͆ͯ̔ͫ̏ͨ͒̂̐ͭ̓̆̅̓̍̀͜Ņ̵̸͉̪͙͕͔̜̟͈̦̹̦͈̂̃̐̾̐̄ͦͭ͐̓̋ͩ̓E̷̛̪̳͉̲̯̩̔̂ͮ̌ͫ̓̒̉̇̃ͫ̽͌̈́̔̇̏̿̀̕Ȁ̫͖̬͉͙͚͖̭̜̫̱̟̦̗̘̪̦̤͋̊ͬ̈́̔̇ͤͦ̃̄̆͂ͤ͗͋ͥ̀̚̚͞P̴̴̐̂ͧ́̓͗̈͗҉҉͈̹̩͍̲͚̼̦̩ͅP̈ͬͩ̿̄̊ͣ̈́̉̌̓͐͐ͯ͊̽̏̅͏̺̤̗̼̝̹͢L̴̳̱͖̪̺͖̥̻̭̯̱͔̠͙͖̣̟̻̬ͪ̄ͣ͗͗̏̂́͠E̹̮̝̘͖͈̠ͨ̃ͪ̾̀̅ͦ̓͐̾ͫ͆ͮ͐́̾́ͅF̧̛͙͔͈͈̺̳͔̥̪͊ͥ̉̇̿͑͟I̬̟̻̫̖̫͍͉̼͍̟̦͖͉̲ͫ͆̉̆̈́ͭ̃ͧ̓̆̇̍̕N͓̰̮͎͎̠͈͉̬͚̼̦̙͆͆ͯͧͫ̾͂͌͂̍̔͒ͭ̈́̅ͪ̕Ę͍̘̹͈̳̮̼͕̣͙̳̞̭́ͪ̎ͯ̐͐ͭ̍̒͛̓ͥͬ̚͟A͑̿̿̇̀͊ͬ̄̉ͪͭ͆̄͆͟͏̩̯̟̮͕̲̭̲͓̯̩̕P̥̼͔̹͕͔̙̻̺̣͕̳̞̝̺͕̣̍ͧ̌̀͐͒͗ͫ̋̂̅ͦ̒̊ͫ͜͝P͕̺̗͔̯̣͓̠̬̪̮̞̖͛̒͑ͬ͋̌ͭ͋̉ͨͦ̈ͮ̓̉̏́̚̚͟͠L͖͕̗̝̗̯̣͎͓̬͉̿ͨͨ̊ͩ̋͒̂̀̐̋͡͞͠E̢ͤ̎ͤ͊̃͆ͨ̊͆ͨ̔͌̅̍́҉̼̳̩͔̲̯̯̩̠̲̻̣̳̫ͅͅF̓̃͐̌̑͛̽ͯ͛̿̚̚̕͡

Offline bobertini

• Major General
  • Stark <3<3<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2017, 09:48:45 pm »
In relation to FineApples's comment:

Just to add to that big boat, there's one stair that is buggy walking up. The other is smooth.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 03, 2017, 11:55:15 am »
i believe we are getting near the end of work for this patch.  so with that being said, is there any bugs that haven't been mentioned already that you think are fixable?  i will probably update the server today with some of the latest changes.

Offline Eternal

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2017, 08:59:19 am »
I am unsure if it's based on NW or M&B:Warband, but some people crash while alt tabbing from the game. Is this possible to fix?