Author Topic: what happened  (Read 9827 times)

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: what happened
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2016, 11:27:32 pm »
It's a multiplayer game and the linebattles have mostly kept the same format for 2-3 years (rules have changed) with occasionally some hosters deciding to try something new (and exciting?). People slowly get bored with the old types on LB's and IMO there aren't enough hosters that try something new which would keep people interested. Also there haven't been any large mod releases (based on NW) during the last year that would have gotten people to reinstall the game and try NW again.

theres been the NaS update...

it looks like when new hosters try something it doesn't seem to actually work out

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
  • Side: Union
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2016, 11:36:16 pm »
dude the shit has been beaten out of this horse
Pointy stick champion

Offline Shogunai

• Second Lieutenant
  • Cripple
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fagunai
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2016, 04:44:13 pm »
Not as dead Robin Williams
Geyerino

Offline zude

• First Sergeant
  • Applied Behavior Analyst
    • View Profile
    • Napoleonic Drill Instructors
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2016, 09:31:50 pm »
IMO, the power-hungry, participation generation killed this game. The current "leaders" of regiments do not accept responsibility for anything and point fingers at everything. They are simply raising private armies of blind loyalists. They even make rules against their enemy to put them at a disadvantage!!!

I offer leadership classes. It is what we are missing in this game and society. I don't claim to be the best leader, but I can train the natural-born leaders to be even more effective and responsible. Teaching responsibility only comes through experience and we can offer it to you from the start. We take turns with officer, sergeant, and private roles. Experience the burden of true leadership!

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/napoleonicdrillinstructors#

Different regiments, outfits, and groups participate in the academy. You can ask the academy to attend your event a week in advance. We become the responsibility of the contractor for that event.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2016, 06:32:14 am »
EU seems to be doing fine to me. NWL is doing great and there are lots of big tournaments to play in. Lots of regiments get good attendance too

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2016, 10:44:05 am »
IMO, the power-hungry, participation generation killed this game. The current "leaders" of regiments do not accept responsibility for anything and point fingers at everything. They are simply raising private armies of blind loyalists. They even make rules against their enemy to put them at a disadvantage!!!

I offer leadership classes. It is what we are missing in this game and society. I don't claim to be the best leader, but I can train the natural-born leaders to be even more effective and responsible. Teaching responsibility only comes through experience and we can offer it to you from the start. We take turns with officer, sergeant, and private roles. Experience the burden of true leadership!

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/napoleonicdrillinstructors#

wait what the fuck is this. who the hell are you and why are you treating this like peoples lives are on the line like in real military leadership.

as someone who has been trained by real world military leaders in military leadership, i can say im pretty disappointed that people have legitimately taken video games this far.

leadership doesn't come naturally, theres no such thing as someone who has been born a leader. the first step to become a leader is to be a common soldier, thats why at most military leadership college's around the world teach you how to be a soldier before teaching you to lead. so youve already got the wrong idea of what defines a leader and how to properly lead

but ffs this is a video game its not fucking training leaders to fight Daesh in Iraq and Syria, no one will die if a reg leader in NW did a FOC and then banned someone else who also did one.

dude the shit has been beaten out of this horse

yes youve already said something along the lines of that in this thread m8

Not as dead Robin Williams

hanging myself with a belt is looking pretty good rn tbh

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2016, 11:07:12 am »
The Aussie community still survives...it has mutinied many times and is unique in the fact that it has steady growth, and continues to do so, with the Chinese and other Oceanic/South American/East Coast groups..allas as we have always said..the EU and US community do as they wish. MOV gave up on the EU/US and instead focused on the South American scene and Oceanic scene.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2016, 12:44:56 pm »
I'm 99% sure that there is an underground Asian community somewhere, plotting with the Australians to take over this forum with an unstoppable army of adbots.

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2016, 01:25:00 pm »
huehue...there is a large group of koreans who make custom maps for us xD ...but yes..we as proud 'europeans' have done our rightful duty by forming up the local natives for a takeover...we are poised for total success I do assure thee...we shall ofcourse offer the Dutch remnants of the NW community owndership over those that reside in the former dutch colonies...

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2016, 01:29:27 pm »
Community died because of horrible FSE forum management.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2016, 01:32:33 pm »

Then I would like to get into a constructive conversation with you on what your grievances are, if other people share them and any solutions you have come up with.
Feel free to add me on steam or message me on the forums. I would be most willing to help the community with any issues they might have.

If you are not willing to do the above, then that's fine and you have every right to, but then I would like to request you stop foul-talking without any constructive arguments or ideas to change it.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2016, 01:44:07 pm »

Then I would like to get into a constructive conversation with you on what your grievances are, if other people share them and any solutions you have come up with.
Feel free to add me on steam or message me on the forums. I would be most willing to help the community with any issues they might have.

If you are not willing to do the above, then that's fine and you have every right to, but then I would like to request you stop foul-talking without any constructive arguments or ideas to change it.
Who thought it was good idea to give moderator to Karth after he went missing (probably jail) for a year all he does is abuses his admin to gain power for 63e and Duuring does nothing about it. Moderators are just bad. They also did really little to support events and they didn't host any themselves.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2016, 01:46:13 pm »

Who thought it was good idea to give moderator to Karth after he went missing (probably jail) for a year all he does is abuses his admin to gain power for 63e and Duuring does nothing about it. Moderators are just bad. They also did really little to support events and they didn't host any themselves.

I have come across this 'Karth and 63e'-bullshit far too often in one week's time to ignore it.I will be looking into it.
Furthermore, if you have a list of grievances, I would prefer it in PM so I can look it over any time. It is also a more private setting than this. I thank you for bringing this up.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2016, 01:55:13 pm »

I have come across this 'Karth and 63e'-bullshit far too often in one week's time to ignore it.I will be looking into it.
Furthermore, if you have a list of grievances, I would prefer it in PM so I can look it over any time. It is also a more private setting than this. I thank you for bringing this up.
First time someone from FSE staff actually responded.

Offline LastSpartan

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Åbo_Soldat_Spartan
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2016, 05:33:51 pm »

Ok I don't know if this is a troll message but I'm going to pretend it's not.
In my opinion this forum never played a big part in the grand scale of player activity. The only server that even mentions this forums exists is NW_Official_Eu1. The majority of new recruits I've  talked to during two years had no idea what even is FSE, let alone know that there is an actual forum for this game where events are hosted. Most people here seem to be old users from back when NW was newish and the newer players use Steam Warband forum if they have questions
Åbo = Turku