Author Topic: Lancers :/  (Read 10427 times)

Offline Patrykus

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14pk_Darth_Patrykus
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Lancers :/
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2013, 12:45:01 am »
In my opinion Lancers are relatively easy to take out, one rage inducing event is when you get snaked by a friendly then stabbed by an enemy lancer.

There are 2 types of lancers: good lancers and noob lancers. Killing a noob lancer is easy but if you fight against an experienced lancer in open terrain...they are not easy to defeat :)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 12:47:05 am by Patrykus »

Offline Affjoris

• First Lieutenant
  • Watch out! He has a stick!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Affjoris
  • Side: Union
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2013, 01:02:24 am »
In my opinion Lancers are relatively easy to take out, one rage inducing event is when you get snaked by a friendly then stabbed by an enemy lancer.

There are 2 types of lancers: good lancers and noob lancers. Killing a noob lancer is easy but if you fight against an experienced lancer in open terrain...they are not easy to defeat :)

Then again, most experienced players are hard to kill.

I dont see lancers as a problem, as with the right tactics you can easily take them out. It is annoying at times, but not more annoying then pointblanking etc.

Offline Patrykus

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14pk_Darth_Patrykus
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2013, 01:32:32 am »
Yes, during the linebattle but not in regiment vs regiment match. Especially when they spread out around the map :)

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2013, 01:44:20 am »
Quote from: Affjoris
I dont see lancers as a problem, as with the right tactics you can easily take them out. It is annoying at times, but not more annoying then pointblanking etc.

Exactly what I said :P
Lancers are a problem in a lot of situations, but we can find a way to beat them everytime that we fight them. And I think it's always good to know how to face a lancer, even if we don't see them a lot in the Linebattles.
Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline Mad_man1

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2013, 04:09:22 am »
There is just no way to kill skilled lancer with a cuirassier and it's almost impossible to do it with hussar. They have no disadventages.

I am a cuirassier and i will tell you that it´s not impossible to kill lancer. In fact a competent cuirassier will kill a competent lancer every time, becouse :

1. You can not block with a lance
2. The lance can only stab
3. Sword have multiple attack direction, which mean you can attack from multiple angles which very important during a cavalry fight

Lancers are not a problem, when you become competent cavalryman you will see lancer and say "Look ! Free kill !" becouse they are very easy.

Some tip I can give for you :

1. Stay behind lancer
2. Stop their horse by riding in front of it (make sure to block down so they can´t hit you)
3. Cut them down

You will get used to it ! Never say it´s impossible or you´ll never learn !

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2013, 04:53:41 am »
Lancers are fine as they are now, don't mess with what works. In mm lancers could block and the french lancers even had longer lances. They were nerfed once be happy for that.

Offline Mad_man1

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2013, 05:48:41 am »
Don't fear, they won't be changed becouse someone isn't doing too well against them, i'm planning to write a guide on how to fight as cuirassier/cavalry soon !

Offline Tali

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2013, 09:00:11 am »
There is just no way to kill skilled lancer with a cuirassier and it's almost impossible to do it with hussar. They have no disadventages.

I'd say slower horses and not beeing able to block is a disadvantage as a Lancer Vs a Hussar. Whilst It might be hard to kill them(albeit fully doable), as a Hussar, at least it is easy not to get killed yourself.

The best way to change it is to make lancers able only to couch the lance, make the lances really slower or give lancers heavy horses.
How is completely and utterly destroying the class the best way to go?

Offline Matim

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14pk_Matim
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2013, 09:10:32 am »

I am a cuirassier and i will tell you that it´s not impossible to kill lancer. In fact a competent cuirassier will kill a competent lancer every time, becouse :

1. You can not block with a lance
2. The lance can only stab
3. Sword have multiple attack direction, which mean you can attack from multiple angles which very important during a cavalry fight

Lancers are not a problem, when you become competent cavalryman you will see lancer and say "Look ! Free kill !" becouse they are very easy.

Some tip I can give for you :

1. Stay behind lancer
2. Stop their horse by riding in front of it (make sure to block down so they can´t hit you)
3. Cut them down

You will get used to it ! Never say it´s impossible or you´ll never learn !

Play sometimes on cav gf, or register your regiment for cav gf tournament. If you will sill have doubts, play a battle with another lancer regiment (eg. FK), and after that tell me if you have won any round.

1. Stay behind lancer
This one is interesting. Please, tell me how the f*** are you going to do this, when you have got heavy horse, and enemy is mounting light one? Anyway, don't forget that in point 1 usually your horse's head gets stabbed.

Jeez, there are 2 baisc points that make this class so unbalanced
1 - Light horses, so they can run away after stab
2 - Ability to do 120° with their extra fast lances.
(3 - before you say sth again about "blocking" lances, teach your horse to block them first)

And at last, ask yourself a question, why cav gf server is thinking about blocking lancer class, so nobody could play it. And maybe, why in crpg lances are nerfed as well.

Lances are hussars with long stick, that doesn't drop. They have to just use lances in first attack, and then draw their sabres. (What is historically based)

Offline Mad_man1

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2013, 09:16:28 am »
It's simple maneuvering, on horse it is like "footwork" when fighting on the ground, it's very important skill to have. It's important to know that speed is not essential, you should also know when to ride fast and when to ride slow, when to turn, etc. If you can't maneuver your horse to stop a lancer's horse and then kill him then you need to keep training.

Offline Tali

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2013, 09:18:56 am »
Play sometimes on cav gf, or register your regiment for cav gf tournament. If you will sill have doubts, play a battle with another lancer regiment (eg. FK), and after that tell me if you have won any round.

Jeez, there are 2 baisc points that make this class so unbalanced
1 - Light horses, so they can run away after stab
2 - Ability to do 120° with their extra fast lances.
(3 - before you say sth again about "blocking" lances, teach your horse to block them first)

And at last, ask yourself a question, why cav gf server is thinking about blocking lancer class, so nobody could play it. And maybe, why in crpg lances are nerfed as well.

Lances are hussars with long stick, that doesn't drop. They have to just use lances in first attack, and then draw their sabres. (What is historically based)

OK, firstly.
Saying that regiments like the FK(assuming I did not missunderstand you here) wins rounds because they play as lancers is quite insulting. I can personally vouche for them when I say they are all competent cavalry players, the reason they win is not because they play "OP" Lancers.

Secondly, in the two Cavalry groupfighting tournaments hosted by Jyppa and myself, no team of lancers made it further then round two.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 09:20:52 am by Tali »

Offline Matim

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2013, 09:33:32 am »
14pk was training with FK twice, when they were plaing as hussars/cuirassiers we were winning, when they picked lancers they won with us about 8:2. Same with another lancers regiment, 1ps. When they were plaing as lancers, they were kicking asses. Classes had been changed, and then we won about 6:1.

And didn't say that FK is good only because they play as lancers. I'm saing that they are skilled and are best example.

Secondly, in the two Cavalry groupfighting tournaments hosted by Jyppa and myself, no team of lancers made it further then round two.
Maybe because one team was hiding in corner and had been slaughtered by me and my friends? I assume that second team wasn't much better.

Offline Tali

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2013, 09:39:51 am »
14pk was training with FK twice, when they were plaing as hussars/cuirassiers we were winning, when they picked lancers they won with us about 8:2. Same with another lancers regiment, 1ps. When they were plaing as lancers, they were kicking asses. Classes had been changed, and then we won about 6:1.

In that case, the problem to me appears to be that you have had to little training in how to properly deal with lancers. Nerfing them is not the way to proceed.

Offline Matim

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2013, 09:51:25 am »
In that case, the problem to me appears to be that you have had to little training in how to properly deal with lancers. Nerfing them is not the way to proceed.

I won't argue with you in this way, because it's pointless. Try to kill lancer with a cuirassier and cuirassier with a lancer on cav gf server in the evening. You will get my point.

Offline Tali

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2013, 10:03:52 am »

I won't argue with you in this way, because it's pointless. Try to kill lancer with a cuirassier and cuirassier with a lancer on cav gf server in the evening. You will get my point.

As I have stated, It is doable, both agaisnt newer players and agaisnt more experienced ones. Granted, It's a lot easier to do so as a Hussar, and it can be quite frustrating do go agaisnt a skilled Lancer as a cuirassier, but nerfing the lancers and making them slower and unable to stab as you suggested is just plain stupid. It would ruin the class completely.