Author Topic: A New rule idea for the public servers.  (Read 2112 times)

Offline Chosen1

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Chosen1
  • Side: Confederacy
A New rule idea for the public servers.
« on: January 26, 2013, 11:52:24 pm »
Too many times have players been teamkilled by other players carelessly firing directly into a melee, knowing that they have a high chance of hitting their teammate. I suggest that for players who shoot into a melee and kill a teammate be slayed. This would prevent many tks.

Just an idea.
9-11 Coaster.

Find out what it's like to spin, glide, skim and fly like a giant airplane when you experience "United Airlines Flight 175"® – the only flying roller coaster of its kind in the world. Riders are taunted by a head-first, face-down inverted crash into the twin towers… and that's just the beginning. Experience the full force and power of riding down the twin towers, all on one of the deadliest tracks in the world.

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
  • Side: Union
Re: A New rule idea for the public servers.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 11:55:17 pm »
Are you referring to the NW OFficial servers or any public server?  And stuff like that happens, but shouldnt result in a slay, because its accidental.  If it was on purpose then a slay should be given..  And on other public servers admins can simply turn friendly fire off.

Offline Chosen1

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Chosen1
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: A New rule idea for the official servers.
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 12:14:24 am »
Yes, I'm referring to the official servers. My mistake.

I would not say it is accidental. They purposely fire when they know their bullet will possibly hit the teammate. It doesn't have to happen.
9-11 Coaster.

Find out what it's like to spin, glide, skim and fly like a giant airplane when you experience "United Airlines Flight 175"® – the only flying roller coaster of its kind in the world. Riders are taunted by a head-first, face-down inverted crash into the twin towers… and that's just the beginning. Experience the full force and power of riding down the twin towers, all on one of the deadliest tracks in the world.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 01:42:32 am »
No can do,

Either you would slay people who do it accidentally, or you would slay someone who did it on purpose. The risk of slaying innocent people is just to high, and as outsider you just can't keep track unles it's on the very start of a round, or you see it happen as an admin. It's stupid, and annoying, frustrating and it pisses people off yes. But in most cases the admins are powerless if it comes to shooting in melee, and what not with shooting teamkills.

Shamefully, but it's the fact. If we start slaying everyone, people will get pissed because they most likely didn't do it on purpose, or what not. And that's not something we want, the way it goes currently is the best we can do right now.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 01:44:36 am by Gokiller »

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 02:43:41 am »
While there are times I would like to slay people for shooting into melee, I can't.  If I started slaying people for being dumb enough to shoot into melee, I would also have to slay people for teamkilling with a cannon, or teamkilling on horseback when they meant to kill the enemy.  US1 probably has a 30-40% teamkill rate and most of those are accidental.  I know I am still new to being an admin but I have a hard time believing anyone could keep track of all those teamkills.

and I agree with what Gokiller said.  Another thing as well.  Would we have to take peoples word after every teamkill?   The answer to that is no.  Anybody can lie and the slaying of innocent people would cause more problems.  Proof of this was when I was playing EU1 earlier today and some guy stabbed at me 4 times and ended up teamkilling me and my horse.  He ended up ranting for 5-10 min about admin abuse.  Another example was when I was in US1 and watched a guy obviously teamkilled on purpose then go on denying he even teamkilled after the logs can prove he did.

Long story short, we admins can't cure people of being stupid(for the most part) and it's something you have to live with imo.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.