Author Topic: Bans and kicks  (Read 2995 times)

Offline Marsh

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Bans and kicks
« on: December 18, 2012, 12:26:42 pm »
I have a couple of ideas:

1) if an admin kicks or bans someone they have to fill in a reason
2) ingame unban: in case someone accidentally bans an innocent they can unban them without contacting owner etc
3) a forum kicks and bans compilation. Make a forum thing where every time someone gets kicked/banned from an official server it is recorded in a subforum automatically, displaying the reason like in point 1

Offline Maroon

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Maroon
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Bans and kicks
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 04:08:13 pm »
Don't you think point 1 will take too much of an admin's time, when admining a filled server with a couple of trolls/whatever?
Other than that, quite good ideas.

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 04:12:20 pm »
1 would be warranted, but won't work on Warband.
2 means you have a poor admin
3 is overly complicated

Offline Maroon

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 05:08:57 pm »
Poor or not, every admin misspresses sometimes while banning someone, ending up with the wrong person banned. And should you somehow get a troll admin on a server, you can undo his work easier.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 11:07:31 pm »
Poor or not, every admin misspresses sometimes while banning someone, ending up with the wrong person banned. And should you somehow get a troll admin on a server, you can undo his work easier.

Well after playing in US1 for many months now, I can say that it is not that common for an admin to accidentally click the wrong person's name.  I can only remember once over all of the months that an admin banned the wrong guy but that was because the guy he accidentally banned had almost the same name as the guy that was meant to be banned.(It was a temp ban so it wasn't that big of a deal)

In game an admin normally states why they kicked, slayed, or banned someone so to an certain degree it is already logged.

and an in game unbanning system is not something I would like to see.  The system we have now makes it so an unbiased person can make the call whether someone is unbanned or not.  By putting it in game, you in a since take that away.

Now there are certain rules I would like to see changed but rules are not up for discussion so I will let that be.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Maroon

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 01:20:44 pm »
and an in game unbanning system is not something I would like to see.  The system we have now makes it so an unbiased person can make the call whether someone is unbanned or not.  By putting it in game, you in a since take that away.

Hm, that is a fair point :P
I stand somewhat corrected.

Offline Jacob

• Alpha Tester
  • Back after a long long time away :)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jacob
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 02:42:01 pm »

I have never, and have never seen someone click the wrong name? The only mistakes really might be the punishment being slightly too harsh but that is easily amendable

Offline Maroon

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 06:00:51 pm »
I have never, and have never seen someone click the wrong name?
I have a couple of times, but they seem to be less common then I thought :P

Offline Megaberna

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Megaberna
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 07:04:42 pm »
I have a couple of ideas:

1) if an admin kicks or bans someone they have to fill in a reason
2) ingame unban: in case someone accidentally bans an innocent they can unban them without contacting owner etc
3) a forum kicks and bans compilation. Make a forum thing where every time someone gets kicked/banned from an official server it is recorded in a subforum automatically, displaying the reason like in point 1

1- All our kick/bans are enforced having a strong reason behind us. If you want to know more talk to the admin in question or to a head admin.
2- Warband does not support that kind of actions
3- No. The bans and kicks are recorded but they are not available for the community. The logs are only available for the admin team. If you want more information about a ban just talk to an head admin.

Offline Mack

• Donator
  • " Hear me roar "
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lannes Mack
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 08:07:09 am »
Make kick/banlist sort on name, on make a search button. Will make life easier.  ;D
Lannes Mack

Proudly commanded the 4e Grenadiers for two and a halve years

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
  • Crunch, forever and always
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CRUNCH
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 05:42:58 am »
1) Some things are supposed to be immediately kicked/slayed/banned for.
2)Don't be silly.
3)We are already working on that, but only admins will see it, random forum users don't need to see that kind of thing.
4)Your name bears a striking resemblance to mine o_O