Author Topic: In Development - B&I 3.0 - old thread  (Read 199271 times)

Offline Hazzard

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hazzard, or something like that.
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: In Development
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2014, 10:26:23 pm »
Will you include movement speed in with that, so it will say if the unit has a movement bonus or penalty.
Will we be able to turn bullet trails off, either server side or client-side, for if the admin doesn't want it or players prefer to have to guess where everyone is?

Offline Parrot

• Board Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2014, 10:29:48 pm »
Will you include movement speed in with that, so it will say if the unit has a movement bonus or penalty.
Will we be able to turn bullet trails off, either server side or client-side, for if the admin doesn't want it or players prefer to have to guess where everyone is?

Movement speed will be one of the faction specific bonuses. However they will be small bonuses, not large enough to make the factions too OP or suck so much that no one wants to play them, basically they will be large enough to "make a difference" :P

Bullet trails will be in the mod by default, if a player doesn't want them then they can easily remove the specific mesh in the brf file. But I can't imagine why an admin would ban them from an event as everyone has them, and they provide no tactical advantages.
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline Hazzard

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hazzard, or something like that.
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2014, 11:33:46 pm »
Movement speed will be one of the faction specific bonuses. However they will be small bonuses, not large enough to make the factions too OP or suck so much that no one wants to play them, basically they will be large enough to "make a difference" :P

Bullet trails will be in the mod by default, if a player doesn't want them then they can easily remove the specific mesh in the brf file. But I can't imagine why an admin would ban them from an event as everyone has them, and they provide no tactical advantages.

I was thinking with the bullet trails that perhaps the admin would want a sniper elite-esque battle, or if it reduces performance for the people with potato computers.

Offline Parrot

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2014, 11:43:31 pm »
Nah performance isn't an issue with these trails ;D They have less vertices than the original arrow projectile mesh that was used in native.
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2014, 01:59:37 am »
I hope soon we'll get to see both of the new factions!

Offline Dasher54

• Sergeant Major
  • The One True Sultan of NW
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 20th_Maj_Dashoor
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2014, 06:21:01 am »
I hope soon we'll get to see both of the new factions!

Amen.

Offline Feldmarschall_Ben

• First Lieutenant
  • Feldmarschall des Kaiserlichen Heeres
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FeldMrshl_Ben
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2014, 10:30:47 am »
oho, very nice to see!

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2014, 12:37:51 am »
This is one of my more preferred mods, I'd like to see it get bigger.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline al-Salaawa

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2014, 11:29:10 am »
Would like to see a gatling gun if that's possible. Would also like to see the Americans expanded on, perhaps some Spanish units, and Russian troops. Oh yeah, and more highlanders, can not forget bydand land.

I am not sooo keen on the idea of American troops, as I enjoy exploring the more obscure elements of history. But I do like the suggestion of a Gatling-esque like weapon; something like the Mitrailleuse for preference. A late Chinese Imperial Army or Mahdist Sudan would add some non-eurocentric flavour for events. I have also in the past suggested either an Imperial or Republican Mexican Faction, given their connection with the early French Empire under Napoleon III. But I think that I will be happy with these two new factions, no matter what. I really enjoyed the micro and 20th century Factions, but they lack sufficient balance and realism for organised events. If you are adding nuns, however, I would still like to dredge up my old suggestion of including Vivandière for the French faction, as either female medics or in some sort of support role.

Offline Parrot

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2014, 11:54:09 am »
If you are adding nuns, however, I would still like to dredge up my old suggestion of including Vivandière for the French faction, as either female medics or in some sort of support role.

But the Vivandière are in the game already XD You can find them under the current French artillery, guard, and cavalry regiments.

Offline Eatjello

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2014, 12:26:15 pm »
wonder if any of my i.e siege maps would work with this coming up date :-)

Offline Parrot

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2014, 01:01:53 pm »

All NW maps will be incompatible with the next update, so we're working hard to bring you all brand new, awesome maps :P

Offline Eatjello

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2014, 10:34:04 am »

All NW maps will be incompatible with the next update, so we're working hard to bring you all brand new, awesome maps :P

O_O

Offline Parrot

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2014, 10:48:31 am »
Don't worry too much XD There are loads of awesome new props for you sceners to get stuck into. You'll be able to create some really interesting maps that we've never seen in NW before!

Offline al-Salaawa

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2014, 11:05:13 am »
If you are adding nuns, however, I would still like to dredge up my old suggestion of including Vivandière for the French faction, as either female medics or in some sort of support role.

But the Vivandière are in the game already XD You can find them under the current French artillery, guard, and cavalry regiments.

Well I'll be. Thanks, Parrot! You know I never noticed. It is such a rarity that I play anything other than Line Infantry or Militia. So how about that Mitrailleuse:P