Author Topic: More sapper builds?  (Read 2337 times)

Offline Sethja8

• Second Lieutenant
  • infamous soundmod creator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [1erPLG]Lans_Sethja8
  • Side: Union
More sapper builds?
« on: December 04, 2012, 05:27:59 am »
I've heard there isn't going to be many more updates, but this was just an idea and maybe it'd be passed.  I've talked with some friends and they've somewhat agreed, so I thought "what the hell" and here it is.

I realized once I started playing N and S that having more sapper builds was pretty awesome.  The tent in N and S reminded me that there could be much more in NW for building.  Some ideas (from others and I) would be small fort things (wood walls or something like that?  they'd take long to build?) non-explosive crates/wood blocks (this was from a guy who noticed that building with squares is quite easy) something like the tent in N&S, and there were many more but I can only remember those.

I haven't heard anyone else suggest this topic, but I think it'd be nice to have a few more sapper builds before NW is finished having large updates.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: More sapper builds?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 12:54:07 pm »
Well any admin can go into the official servers and change the number of build points to a higher number but you need Cenzii or Deo's approval I believe.  The default is 30 I believe but I have seen it at 100 before(US1) and I do feel like sappers are more useful with more build points.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 02:52:51 pm by Thunderstormer »
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Maroon

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Maroon
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 03:01:50 pm »
He's not talking about build points, but different things to build :P
Anyway, nice idea(s), although building a wall would make sieging for example very difficult, as you can easily use it to block a breach, and then keep repairing it from behind.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 03:15:03 pm »
He's not talking about build points, but different things to build :P
Anyway, nice idea(s), although building a wall would make sieging for example very difficult, as you can easily use it to block a breach, and then keep repairing it from behind.
My apologies.  I read through that and thought I read something about build points along with new things to build.  That lack of sleep is starting to catch up with me...   :-[

Anyways back on topic.  The tent you can build in NaS is pretty neat but I don't think we will see it in NW.(or any other new things to build)
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Sethja8

• Second Lieutenant
  • infamous soundmod creator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [1erPLG]Lans_Sethja8
  • Side: Union
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 05:00:32 am »
although building a wall would make sieging for example very difficult, as you can easily use it to block a breach, and then keep repairing it from behind.

A solution or nerfing to that would be making walls take a long time to build but be less resistant, or be unrepairable (even though it would take a bit of effort to put that in,,,)  I can't imagine having to hit it 20 or so times, you wouldn't be able to repair it in time before they flooded through the destroyed wall.

Also, another idea; a trench.  Not in the ground of the map, but instead a larger dirt mount that had a square shape in it.  Might be possible.

Offline Jacob

• Alpha Tester
  • Back after a long long time away :)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jacob
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 11:58:35 am »
Could be cool