Author Topic: Fix Bayonets?  (Read 8581 times)

Offline T.Conroy

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blep
  • Side: Union
Fix Bayonets?
« on: November 28, 2012, 02:21:59 pm »
Will there be an animation or option to fit bayonets?

Offline Tali

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Fix Bayonets?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 03:15:32 pm »
I think we can't expect more then 1 patch for NW, so probably not.

Offline Hinkel

• Colonel
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 07:09:23 pm »
If you would like to have fix/unfix bayonets, you can surely play North and South for NW ;)  :P

Offline Desparin

• Sergeant Major
  • Bullets have the right of way!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 88th_Pte_Ralph_Fitzgerald
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 01:11:28 pm »
If you would like to have fix/unfix bayonets, you can surely play North and South for NW ;)  :P

You can do that in N&S?

Offline Cop

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cop
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 01:40:53 pm »

You can do that in N&S?
You can since the last patch.

Get with the party, Desparin!  8)

Offline Desparin

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 01:42:22 pm »

You can do that in N&S?

And the last patch was...?

Offline Hinkel

• Colonel
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 08:55:16 pm »

You can do that in N&S?

And the last patch was...?

Version 0.4 is the main version.. its not a patch ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2FZHtK_B3I[/youtube]

Offline GoldenEagle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Abii
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 11:03:33 pm »
It sucks tho. Its really annoying in my opinion..

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 01:22:39 am »
 :o

How does it suck? It's realistic and forces you to use tactics that were similar for that period.

Offline GoldenEagle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Abii
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 07:52:36 am »
''Tactics'' Really? Stopping for 3 seconds and watching a animation then a bayonet suddenly appearing infront of your gun will change the whole tactic of a game? Hmh. It sucks that you have to wait for the bayonet to get fixed especially in TDM or DM.

Offline Slick

• Donator
  • dam im long than a mf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 09:55:33 am »
''Tactics'' Really? Stopping for 3 seconds and watching a animation then a bayonet suddenly appearing infront of your gun will change the whole tactic of a game? Hmh. It sucks that you have to wait for the bayonet to get fixed especially in TDM or DM.

Who said it was going to change the whole game? It adds something fun and realistic to the gameplay that actually existed (and hopefully these slashing rifles get nerfed, and we'll actually have more of a reason to fix bayonets)

But yea I can see how fixing bayonets can be a bitch and TDM and DM, good thing I very rarely play those

Offline Desparin

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 10:11:10 am »

Who said it was going to change the whole game? It adds something fun and realistic to the gameplay that actually existed (and hopefully these slashing rifles get nerfed, and we'll actually have more of a reason to fix bayonets)

But yea I can see how fixing bayonets can be a bitch and TDM and DM, good thing I very rarely play those

It will be a nice change to the dynamics of gameplay - especially during Linebattles. The need to order to have bayonets fixed is much nicer in my opinion, is more realistsic and actually prevents a headlong charge from regiments as soon as they've fired off the volley. The spare seconds it takes to fix bayonets will also give the receiving troops a little more time to prepare other than just being swamped in melee - of course, this does work both ways though.

Personally, I've had fat too much experience of being swamped by the 91st in melee as soon as they fire a volley and charge. A respite is most welcome, especially considering the lethality of firearms in N&S.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 06:42:15 pm »
I believe there is a accuracy penalty in NaS.(Correct me if I am wrong)   If so, will there be a penalty for when you have a bayonet fixed?(Probably accuracy or reloading)
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Slick

• Donator
  • dam im long than a mf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2012, 06:46:16 pm »
Yea when you fix your bayonet in the latest version of NaS, your accuracy drops. Not entirely sure by how much tho, I didn't really notice myself so I'd assume it's about the difference between NW Light infantry and Line infantry which is actually a pretty sizeable difference tbh

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2012, 06:49:49 pm »

I'm pretty sure you had to stop for 3 seconds in real life too. It forces you to plan ahead. Just like in the real Civil War, they had to fix bayonets to charge and yes it took time. It just adds another layer to the strategy of your approach.

It works just fine in tdm. If you spawn near the enemy use the rifle butt until you are safe. In fact weren't you the guy a couple of months ago that was complaining about revolver spam...instead of just adjusting to the game?

« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 06:55:28 pm by MackCW »