Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars World Cup [NWWC|2015|GB 3 Time Winners]  (Read 245921 times)

Offline Alexander

• Colonel
  • https://twitter.com/6motm
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Napoleonic Wars World Cup [NWWC|2015]
« Reply #240 on: February 18, 2015, 06:12:47 pm »
NA>EU
Kappa
Former leader of NA's - 5th, 75th 
Former Lt of the 54th
Former CSjt of 71st
https://twitter.com/6motm
https://www.twitch.tv/motm

Offline Melton

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #241 on: February 18, 2015, 06:13:39 pm »
Are team captains allowed to change the roster while the cup is under way?

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #242 on: February 18, 2015, 06:14:04 pm »
Are team captains allowed to change the roster while the cup is under way?
Once sign ups close team captains will be able to make 3 team swaps during the cup.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Melton

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 18, 2015, 06:18:19 pm »
Once sign ups close team captains will be able to make 3 team swaps during the cup.
Did you just make up this rule on the run?
What if a team swaps 4 players anyway? Will the team get disqualified for swapping several inactive players?

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 18, 2015, 06:19:28 pm »
Did you just make up this rule on the run?
What if a team swaps 4 players anyway? Will the team get disqualified for swapping several inactive players?
Surely before the selections you would check if a player will be inactive or not? The reason for having 3 changes unlike the NWEC that had none is so that if out of the blue someone has to go or do something then you are able to swap him out.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Melton

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 18, 2015, 06:28:42 pm »
Surely before the selections you would check if a player will be inactive or not? The reason for having 3 changes unlike the NWEC that had none is so that if out of the blue someone has to go or do something then you are able to swap him out.
Inactive as in not participating in the matches.
You can't tell whether or not someone will join before they've actually had a chance to join, but by then it's a bit too late.
How detrimental would it be if teams were allowed limitless swapping? It's not like half a team would be changed if it's already active and able to field a great number of players.
I'm concerned for the mid-sized teams that may not have that many to choose from anyway, like Denmark. I can easily find 20-something interested, but also potential inactive players, and granted the roster is capped at 14, I don't really have any options left, even if I have a couple of danish friends online when I need them.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 18, 2015, 06:29:58 pm »
Inactive as in not participating in the matches.
You can't tell whether or not someone will join before they've actually had a chance to join, but by then it's a bit too late.
How detrimental would it be if teams were allowed limitless swapping? It's not like half a team would be changed if it's already active and able to field a great number of players.
I'm concerned for the mid-sized teams that may not have that many to choose from anyway, like Denmark. I can easily find 20-something interested, but also potential inactive players, and granted the roster is capped at 14, I don't really have any options left, even if I have a couple of danish friends online when I need them.
What could be a possibility is that we allowed "limitless" swaps, but once a player is swapped out the team they cannot be put back in.

Offline Melton

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 18, 2015, 06:34:07 pm »
What could be a possibility is that we allowed "limitless" swaps, but once a player is swapped out the team they cannot be put back in.
How is that going to help?
Whether or not they can be swapped back in, it's still only a total of 17 players that are allowed to play for one team throughout the cup.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 18, 2015, 06:36:50 pm »
How is that going to help?
Whether or not they can be swapped back in, it's still only a total of 17 players that are allowed to play for one team throughout the cup.
How did you get to 17? I said we would allow limitless swaps so that could mean any number of players but they cannot be swapped back in the team once swapped out. This means that you couldn't swap out 1 inactive guy 1 day for one match then bring him back in the next.

Offline Melton

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 18, 2015, 06:47:56 pm »
How did you get to 17? I said we would allow limitless swaps so that could mean any number of players but they cannot be swapped back in the team once swapped out. This means that you couldn't swap out 1 inactive guy 1 day for one match then bring him back in the next.
I wasn't aware that you were presenting me with a new rule. I shouldn't be the one to decide these, you know.
Being able to swap freely would be great. But not being able to replace players, who had previously been on the roster, with another, doesn't really grant you anything. It just forces me to guess who wont be able to play the next match.
I think you should either allow free swapping, because it's not really something people can take advantage of anyway, or just raise the roster limit.

Offline |Rafael|

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rafael
« Reply #250 on: February 18, 2015, 06:50:29 pm »
Nation:USA
Player's Name:Rafael
Player's Steam:https://steamcommunity.com/id/Rafamoto7/

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #251 on: February 18, 2015, 07:00:16 pm »
I am against player swapping. If you allow that there is no point in making a team.

Offline Melton

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 18, 2015, 07:03:04 pm »
I am against player swapping. If you allow that there is no point in making a team.
Why not?

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 18, 2015, 07:07:26 pm »
Why not?

Well... you're not using the team you made as you're changing that team

feel it?
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Melton

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 18, 2015, 07:12:09 pm »
Well... you're not using the team you made as you're changing that team

feel it?
If I make a team and replace seven inactive danish players with seven active danish players, I'd have a full danish team instead of a half danish team.

feel it?