Author Topic: Let's discuss: Reenacting!  (Read 233373 times)

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Let's discuss: Reenacting!
« Reply #1380 on: October 07, 2014, 04:55:00 pm »
lel.   Actually no i cant fit my shelter half. I'm too tall for it. Damn feet always get wet or i do some weird ass position that give my back pain next day.  Am i gonna farb out and get myself a huge tent? Nope. Why? records shows the original troops only get this certain tent, so tall people will have to deal with it. 

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mortier
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1381 on: October 07, 2014, 05:02:18 pm »
I like how you guys responded with "oh yeah, sometime"  "Sure but until the night"  "Yeah but i need tents first"

All of you are bunch of pussies seriously.

In ACW, everyone doing campaigner for 3 day straight. Hell there is even a hardcore campaigner event that will span two weekend and one week straight.  I seriously believe progressive attitude in napoleonic is half-assed. You ain't progressive until you do it from Friday to Sunday. It's seriously not that hard. Just get a group that's actually smart and willing. Half of you already got that. Just do it! Get out there and and earn your man-card.

Fuck off and do it yourself then and stop acting like you're better than everyone else.

Bitch please. Especially you, grow some balls.

Especially me? Who the hell do you think you are?

In case it hasn't escaped your notice, not everyone can dedicate to their hobby 24/7 nor afford everything at once.
You have no right whatsoever to judge people, nor insult them for such things, grow up.

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: October 07, 2014, 05:05:30 pm »
Pretty sure doing a biovac would save you money. I mean no tent required.....

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #1383 on: October 07, 2014, 05:56:25 pm »
And it would require people actually sleeping on the ground. Which is hard to find. I would do it, but I am not willing to sleep outside all alone. I don't feel like doing it if no one else bothers to.

Offline Vorposten

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Youtube-channel
« Reply #1384 on: October 07, 2014, 06:18:24 pm »
And it would require people actually sleeping on the ground. Which is hard to find. I would do it, but I am not willing to sleep outside all alone. I don't feel like doing it if no one else bothers to.
Remembers me on Wilhelmstein. My first event without a tent xD
A bit hard, but it was ok :D
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 06:33:15 pm by Vorposten »
Gezeichnet,
69thNY_CSgt_Outpost | [DL]III_KBR_Sap_Vorposten | 3tesWaldeck_Fhr_Vorposten

Offline Ililsa

• Major
  • This knife of Sheffield steel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Retired_Ililsa
« Reply #1385 on: October 07, 2014, 06:22:59 pm »
At the moment I am plastic camping scum.

Which sucks for two reasons - Inauthentic, and it means that I'm always a quarter of a mile from the main camp, which sucks for the whole 'community' feel of the campsite.

In my experience though, sleeping on the ground is liable to give me mould and hypothermia. Not had a dry 2 day event yet.
Gonna go authentic sleeping when I have my own tent though. Cheaper and less stuff to carry, and looks awesome.
Crawling back to you,
Ever thought of calling when you've had a few? 'cause I always do.
FUCKING MEDIEVAL HIPSTERS

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mortier
« Reply #1386 on: October 07, 2014, 06:33:02 pm »
At the moment I am plastic camping scum.

Which sucks for two reasons - Inauthentic, and it means that I'm always a quarter of a mile from the main camp, which sucks for the whole 'community' feel of the campsite.

Same here

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
« Reply #1387 on: October 07, 2014, 06:45:43 pm »
I got a linnen sack which I fill with hay, tada an authentic matras. And then I put a modern sleeping bag on it, and cover it up with linnen sheets.

Much inaccuracy, such shame.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #1388 on: October 07, 2014, 07:19:39 pm »
I like how you guys responded with "oh yeah, sometime"  "Sure but until the night"  "Yeah but i need tents first"

In ACW, everyone doing campaigner for 3 day straight. Hell there is even a hardcore campaigner event that will span two weekend and one week straight.  I seriously believe progressive attitude in napoleonic is half-assed. You ain't progressive until you do it from Friday to Sunday. It's seriously not that hard. Just get a group that's actually smart and willing. Half of you already got that. Just do it! Get out there and and earn your man-card.

Fuck off and do it yourself then and stop acting like you're better than everyone else.

Stop being a pussy. I do WWII, and I have done events with no tents, I had to sleep in the freezing cold and use my loaned mantel as a blanket and wrap my blanket around me. I woke up in the morning with frost on my helmet and boots... That's living like they did, nearly getting frostbite.

lel.   Actually no i cant fit my shelter half. I'm too tall for it. Damn feet always get wet or i do some weird ass position that give my back pain next day.  Am i gonna farb out and get myself a huge tent? Nope. Why? records shows the original troops only get this certain tent, so tall people will have to deal with it.

Try being 6'4.5" and trying to fit into a four quarter zelt. Lol. I'm forced to sleep diagonally in the zelt if I'm alone or curl in fetal position, otherwise I haven't the room to sleep,
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 07:22:47 pm by kpetschulat »

Offline Crescent Glow

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1389 on: October 07, 2014, 07:23:36 pm »
Euphoric

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #1390 on: October 07, 2014, 07:25:15 pm »
Actually, it is. Also, if you don't reenact, gtfo... Stop contributing your bullshit and pointless arguments to conversations between actual reenactors. You and Riddlez are annoying with that shit.

Offline Crescent Glow

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: October 07, 2014, 07:25:39 pm »
Oh, just because I don't reenact means I cannot post here? Seems fair. It's cool that you guys reenact but sometimes you act like some sort of "master race." Insulting and shunning people away who aren't 110% historically accurate or correct when they reenact and aren't "superior" like you guys. You also assume that people who haven't dedicated their time and money to reenacting know nothing about it.

This is not directed to everyone who posts here, only a select few who believe that they are "better" than everyone else because they have the time and money to always be historically accurate when they reenact. And apparently have "infinite knowledge" when it comes to this stuff.

I have been to several Civl War reenactments as a spectator, but I have never participated because I don't have the time or money for it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 07:58:18 pm by Pineapple »

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: October 07, 2014, 07:52:31 pm »
That's right Petschie!

For ACW, i just use my gum blanket laid up and sleep with my wool blanket, sometime coverlet too if knapsack permit it that weekend.  I only put up my shelter if its going to rain, if not, i use it as a blanket as well then. 

I slept through the polar vortex outdoor in a foxhole during a snowstorm. The temperature dropped to 6 by midnight. My field cap was covered in icy frost. This event is coming up in Decemeber, am I fucking ready for it? Hell yes.

Btw Petsch, this is for you. 
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #1393 on: October 07, 2014, 08:20:52 pm »
Actually, it is. Also, if you don't reenact, gtfo... Stop contributing your bullshit and pointless arguments to conversations between actual reenactors. You and Riddlez are annoying with that shit.

And you can politely fuck off. Or you could and stop me. Which wouldn't work.

On the tent part, as long as the damp can't reach you, you're perfectly safe. You might just as well compensate health for authenticity by putting small garbage bags under whatever you sleep on, if you do it correctly, it looks as if you don't. But hey, at least you don't wake up as a fucking shroom.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
  • Oh, I'm a good old rebel, Now thats just what I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: October 07, 2014, 08:31:48 pm »
you both still don't know shit
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]