Author Topic: Let's discuss: Reenacting!  (Read 234135 times)

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
  • Side: Union
Re: Let's discuss: Reenacting!
« Reply #675 on: May 14, 2014, 09:21:39 pm »
I mean training-wise Vince, and equipment-wise also. The Japanese may have defeated British troops, but they were made up of mainly Sepoys. The average Japanese soldier didn't have even half the training of a US Marine or a British soldier. I mean look at the battle of Midway, the Japs had the US outnumbered and they still lost horribly, their entire navy was crippled!

And don't get me started on Japanese weaponry and armor, I've seen some paper-mache level shit in my life but I think the Italians may have had better tanks then these guys.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #676 on: May 14, 2014, 09:24:29 pm »
Just ignore the Dutch, right?  :'(

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #677 on: May 14, 2014, 09:29:08 pm »
Well it's hard to say about tanks since US tanks also were wiped out and considered useless most of time. Japs understood this as well, thats why most tanks are designed as "artillery", dig a hole in mountain and place her there.   

Only reason why japs sucked, their tactic. Beyond outdated. Banzai charges against well produced defense? Pure stupidty indeed 

But this war was pretty similar to Vietnam, night attack, creeping through the jungles, playing mind games at night, and leaving horrific display of bruality with US bodies.  No matter how better armed we were, we were still loosing Marines and soldiers by tons and many, out with mental collapse.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 14, 2014, 09:52:26 pm »
Imagine the soviets invading Japan. Banzai-charges against human waves attacks. Ze slaughter.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: May 14, 2014, 10:08:12 pm »
US casualties were 354,523 dead and wounded, the Japs had 2,133,915 along with an extra 1.2 million dead Chinese collaborators that fought alongside the Japanese(Won't include them due to a small amount fought against actual US troops). For every one man we lost they lost 5. That's not a hard fight, it's a damned slaughter. Sure it was brutal, sure it was fucked up, sure it was probably the harshest fighting seen at that point of history, but the Japanese still lost many, MANY more men, and in the end it was a steamroll.

Meanwhile in Africa it was 220,000 Brit losses, 20,000 lost Free French and 18,221(And the US was here for what, half a year?) against 22,341 Italian casualties and 21,994 for the Germans. Even if you tack on the Vichy fucks(3,343 total) the Allies still took EXTREME Casualties compared to the Pacific.

Also Duuring, the Dutch lost 900 people in combat. You did lose a good 8,000 in deathcamps though, so God help those poor souls.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: May 14, 2014, 10:18:27 pm »
The KNIL lost 900 people. The navy another 1.600. We will refrain from the civilian casualties for now.

It's not correct to consider the Japanese camps 'death camps' as those camps weren't built with the sole purpose of having men killed in it. The Japanese were mostly unconcerned whether the men, or civilians, lived or died.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: May 14, 2014, 10:22:13 pm »
If you capture civilians and don't try to keep them alive, it's a deathcamp in my book.

I'll avoid the plunge into the "Was the atom bomb justified" argument for the sake of what little sanity I have left.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: May 14, 2014, 10:30:42 pm »
Oh, it was. Didn't just save Allied and commie lives, but also Japan as a people and a nation.

Oh, and let's not forget the Dutch resistance in the East-Indies. We often hear and read about Japanese soldiers that retreated into the jungle for years after the surrender, but there were hundreds of Dutchmen with thousands of natives that were in active resistance against the Japanese, often meeting a very cruel fate. I just had to mention them.

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: May 14, 2014, 10:30:53 pm »
Imagine the soviets invading Japan. Banzai-charges against human waves attacks. Ze slaughter.

They did, Manchuria. Soviet destoryed a japanese army group there. Because of that battle and the atomic bomb, japs surrendered.

Clearly, you forgot to include the Chinese who fought against japs, 4 million losses. 

http://pwencycl.kgbudge.com/C/a/Casualties.htm 

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: May 14, 2014, 10:34:45 pm »
First, it was 3.8 mill.

Second, for every 1 AMERICAN who died 5 JAPANESE soldiers died. I'm not including the rest of the allies, the Chinese Collaborators, Indian defectors or the soldiers from the government of Thailand either.

If anything, I'll give the Japs credit for surviving as long as they did even though they were fighting a 3 front war.

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 14, 2014, 10:40:10 pm »
3.8 mil or 4 mil. Same to me, too many people died that's for sure.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: May 19, 2014, 01:00:36 pm »
You know why Napoleonic Re-enactment is just 10 times better then ACW?

This is why.
[close]

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
« Reply #687 on: May 19, 2014, 01:07:14 pm »
Yep they are awesome.

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
  • Oh, I'm a good old rebel, Now thats just what I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: May 19, 2014, 02:40:08 pm »
so gay is cav. They think there so special.

Well us ACW have numbers :P and you don't.
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: May 19, 2014, 02:48:21 pm »
It doesn't count if 90% is farb that won't wear their belts up the proper height out of laziness.