Author Topic: Let's discuss: Reenacting!  (Read 231465 times)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Let's discuss: Reenacting!
« Reply #1620 on: April 16, 2015, 11:46:31 am »
Spoiler
[close]

Kenny was at Ickworth House?

Offline Captain America

• Second Lieutenant
  • One realm, one God, one King!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1621 on: April 16, 2015, 02:18:45 pm »
Off to my first event in over a year tomorrow, ACW tactical as the 57th Massachusetts, never done a tactical before so pretty psyched, will post pics if anyone takes some

Also, saw a Soviet SSH 40 helmet in antiques shop before, 140 fucking quid, bet he got it from fucking voenspec for a tenner

Offline Barnesy

• Donator
  • Heres to the bloody fighting 95th
    • View Profile
  • Nick: its_barnesy_bitches
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1622 on: April 28, 2015, 11:44:25 am »
ickworth house was a great event, no pics, but we did 80 man volleys :DD
You all looked mighty impressive!!!!! I was only there on the saturday and ended up being french for the saturday battle. bloody good battle that!

Anyone at Wollaton this weekend?
"[15th] Colonel Cenkris: A lazy officer who didn`t contribute anything to the success of his detatchment or the regiment disposed of after displaying incredible disloyalty and attitute problems towards fellow officers"
Aww thanks Cenkris for those kind words
Ex Leader of the 15th Rifle Detachment

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mortier
« Reply #1623 on: April 28, 2015, 12:01:41 pm »
Yarp, it's gonna be wicked.
I just hope the trader stalls are going to be accessible to the French as well as the Brits since we're not allowed to move through each others camps

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
  • Oh, I'm a good old rebel, Now thats just what I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: April 28, 2015, 09:36:31 pm »
holy hell this place still exists
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
« Reply #1625 on: April 28, 2015, 10:11:51 pm »
we're not allowed to move through each others camps
Wut?

Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Barnesy

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: April 28, 2015, 10:21:56 pm »
we're not allowed to move through each others camps
Wut?
Yeah some bullshit rule. I guess during the day it makes sense, you wouldn't catch a frenchman casually walking through a British camp in reality!
Just don't wear your Habite and I reckon you will be fine... if not go find Steven Seymour and smack him! I can't see many of the British units really giving a flying shit tbh though
"[15th] Colonel Cenkris: A lazy officer who didn`t contribute anything to the success of his detatchment or the regiment disposed of after displaying incredible disloyalty and attitute problems towards fellow officers"

Offline TWking

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: April 28, 2015, 10:44:59 pm »
Looking forward to Woolaton, going to be my first big event, and my 3rd in total (my other two being small ones at Whittington Castle). I'll be going as a Frenchie with the 85eme. Too bad we cant go into each others camps but I can understand it. However it should only be restricted to people with "outstanding" features, like a habite or a shako or something with their countries emblem on.
Spoiler

[close]

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: April 29, 2015, 12:00:55 am »
Looking forward to Woolaton, going to be my first big event, and my 3rd in total (my other two being small ones at Whittington Castle). I'll be going as a Frenchie with the 85eme. Too bad we cant go into each others camps but I can understand it. However it should only be restricted to people with "outstanding" features, like a habite or a shako or something with their countries emblem on.

I'll meet you in the French camp then! The French army is having a partay on Saturday night, drinking, feasting and singing :D

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #1629 on: April 29, 2015, 12:21:30 am »

Awesome, so you will be in my and Vince group...

Offline Mr. Kochi

• First Lieutenant
  • Baah! Baah baah, baah? Baah baah!
    • View Profile
    • The Skin Warehouse
  • Nick: Mr. James Koach
« Reply #1630 on: April 29, 2015, 03:23:12 am »
Looking forward to seeing you plebs at Waterloo. I'll also be in the froggy camp.

Offline Barnesy

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: April 29, 2015, 10:09:55 am »
Looks like I'll see you all on the battlefield then lol!

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: May 05, 2015, 12:15:15 am »
Awesome event at Wollaton Hall this weekend, good to have you Dutch over, t'were a good evening of singing at the local pub Saturday evening!
Enjoyed Sunday the most, awesome parade in front of the house with a speech from the Emperor followed by la Chant du Depart, then a good but lengthy battle afterwards.
Always good to have more French in the UK :D

Offline Barnesy

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: May 05, 2015, 09:03:18 pm »
I agree Mr T it was a great event! Didn't get to meet you in the evenings but was nice to meet Vince and Olafson at last!
The only problem with the saturday battle was the 2/95th were so eager they started it way too early and when it came to the actual battle you french were very low on rounds! We were on your right and sat halfway up the hill waiting to be pushed back but you had nothing to return fire with!

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: May 06, 2015, 01:18:47 am »
Yeah the 45e were on our right flank Saturday, they were firing most of the battle so I expect they did fire off all their ammunition!
21eme and 85e were in the centre and the left, came into close combat with one group of 95th and we took em down, then later some redcoats tried their luck and we beaat them, although I did get dragged down whilst I was pretending to headbutt, punch and then strangle some nearby redcoats! Then I accidently fell near some horse shit and my backpack & greatcoat landed in it when I got dragged down dead by a redcoat. Was quite funny though because Davout was marching behind me when we were in column of route and got the full whiff :D

I saw Ed Parker's lot wouldn't go down despite being surrounded by 3 units, they just formed square and sat there I think lol.